It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dreams question

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's been a while since everytime I go to sleep, I dream a lot. And it does bother me, I just want to SLEEP. REST.

So when I wake up I remember most of it. I dont know if this is somehow related to the anti-depressants I've been using, because I can relate the time I started having this non-stoping dreams were almost at the same time i started with the meds.But i cannot tell for sure if it was that the trigger.

Its not nightmares or anything, they are mainly real life situations and of course sometimes mixed with some other stuff. It just gets ridiculous how it seems Im dreaming all the hours Im sleeping- and when i wake up, I can just literally write a movie script of it all, because i remember perfectly.

Do you think this is because of stress? or what?

I dont enjoy it really. Its annoying. I just want to black out- not have my brain working at night! lol
:p

any ideas?




posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
IMO, it's the med's. I hope you overcome this.

edit on 1-10-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Medications most certainly affect your dreams.

Perhaps as you continue on the meds, you will notice a decrease in these annoying dreams. Or, you could end up not needing the meds and then go back off.

Because I have bad allergies, I usually wake up around 5:00 am (and I don't have to work, so its annoying) stuffy and sniffling. I take an antihistamine and go back to sleep. That's when my dreams become weird, disjointed, and not at all enjoyable. There is always an element of stress to them.

I attribute it to the antihistamine, and so I have a choice....don't take the pill, and then cannot sleep because of the sniffling, or take the pill, and have the odd-ball dreams. I am already on a steroid nose spray, and the over the counter non-drowsy pills do nothing for me, so I'm in a bind that way.

I look forward to the first freeze, which will kill all the grass and ragweed that is currently making me miserable, so that I can stop taking the pill which causes me such creepy dreams.

I share this so that you know that you're not alone, and that yes, even seemingly innocuous drugs will cause strange dreams.

You may want to talk to your doctor, there is perhaps another drug in the same class which won't cause the irritating dream issue.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl
 


Number one stop taking the meds. Anti depressants can have bad side effects that can cause these types of dreams. You need to change your diet start eating more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as learning to do mind exercises that can help with depression and anxiety. Look them up online, and don't trust anti depressants, they can be very dangerous to some people and cause strange side effects. If you strengthen your ability to control your mind and thoughts you don't need pills. I always say this to people who struggle with this, because I have struggled with it myself, but I broke through without drugs.Here's what I always say and it's true, "you control your mind, your mind doesn't control you." That might be deep for some people but just think about it and throw out the pills.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167
 


I eat very healthy. I excersie a lot.

And yes I used to mediate.

But I cannot concentrate anymore.And that was way before I started using the pills.

It's been only FEW months Im taking the pills and because i had been in some extreme personal situations. I know perfectly well, what pills do to people and how its NOT the solution to anything.

Its only a temporary helper for some people.And it's helping me. While other spiriual things did not.

It seems ironic I know all the theroy of the power of the mind, ETC ETC. i know perfectly all that because I've study it for a long while. however if i was that super perfect person to control my mind and what it creates, I wouldnt be definitely writing here on the forum but taking over the whole universe already. hehe

that last part was joke. heh kind of :p

no but seriously
i understand your advice. But for now I'm keepin the pills. My question isnt related to that specifically but if some people have as well experienced the same non-stopping dreaming.I think its called over-dreaming.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Medications most certainly affect your dreams.

Perhaps as you continue on the meds, you will notice a decrease in these annoying dreams. Or, you could end up not needing the meds and then go back off.

Because I have bad allergies, I usually wake up around 5:00 am (and I don't have to work, so its annoying) stuffy and sniffling. I take an antihistamine and go back to sleep. That's when my dreams become weird, disjointed, and not at all enjoyable. There is always an element of stress to them.

I attribute it to the antihistamine, and so I have a choice....don't take the pill, and then cannot sleep because of the sniffling, or take the pill, and have the odd-ball dreams. I am already on a steroid nose spray, and the over the counter non-drowsy pills do nothing for me, so I'm in a bind that way.

I look forward to the first freeze, which will kill all the grass and ragweed that is currently making me miserable, so that I can stop taking the pill which causes me such creepy dreams.

I share this so that you know that you're not alone, and that yes, even seemingly innocuous drugs will cause strange dreams.

You may want to talk to your doctor, there is perhaps another drug in the same class which won't cause the irritating dream issue.


Thanks for sharing.
sorry to hear about it. :/

my dreams arent creepy or disturbing at all. just regular stuff. its not the content of the dream what bothers me, just that i dont feel my brain rests enough

and I've joust found some info about being too much in the REM state or something. its an article. which i can relate to about over-dreaming.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have the exact opposite. After I began my current medicines, I very rarely dream, or at least I don't remember them. I used to dream all the time and remember everything. I asked my psychiatrist about it one time and he told me some medicines do effect dreams/remembering them. I don't know what kind you are on but it's very possible, I would say, that they could be doing it.

Now when I wake up I feel like I've been dead or something, it's hard to explain but I will trade you some of your dreams for some of my nothing


ETA: My meds are an anti psychotic , anti depressant and mood stabilizer so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not...
edit on 1-10-2012 by Miri08 because: ...



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
After I started to take anti depressants my dreams became much more vivid. I started to dream about things I never dreamed about before. It was rather strange. Eventually I got used to it. Actually, I really enjoyed those dreams!



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08
 


Yes!! DEAL. Lets trade a bit for a bit.

Tonight.

I wouldnt mind THAT much if they were super amazing dreams like swimming with ur avatar.
haha too cute.


But yeah, Its mainly very real situations and i found out that i solve things and have conversations that are importsnt etc.

Anyway I feel much better rested today though.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I used to take anti-depressants and sleeping pills...
They would give me the most horrible nightmares!

In the link below that doctor calls them "hypnotics" and I believe it

The Dark side of sleeping pills



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71
 


Interesting!

well good you enjoyed it!



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
But what about the rest of us who have dreams and are not taking any medicine whatsoever?
Lately, I'm having dreams, not nightmares but just regular dreams, just like OP...And I'm felling tired like never before...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014
 


Well I have no idea why that could be

Maybe some planet transiting your 12Th house, astrologically speaking.

I have stopped with my anti-depressants by the way like a week ago? Dont know when exactly.. And i feel great

I quit them just like that. And no side effects or anything

Well i only been on them for some months.

I just been doing some inner work.
and decided it was time to clean my system of them.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl
 


Awesome!


Me too!

When I did go off of them for the last time,
it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders that never returned,
and I hope it never does.

I now choose to allow the depths of my soul to come out, and instead of fighting the feelings of depression and anxiety, I embrace them and look deeper as to why I feel like I do.
It gives much understanding.

It is always nice to know though, that if I do need them again, they are there.
Always keep that in mind, if you feel yourself slipping, you can return if there is a need.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by plutoxgirl
 


Awesome!


Me too!

When I did go off of them for the last time,
it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders that never returned,
and I hope it never does.

I now choose to allow the depths of my soul to come out, and instead of fighting the feelings of depression and anxiety, I embrace them and look deeper as to why I feel like I do.
It gives much understanding.

It is always nice to know though, that if I do need them again, they are there.
Always keep that in mind, if you feel yourself slipping, you can return if there is a need.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)


Oh it's great to hear that you did it the same way!
)
Well it's been a while i'd been doing some inner work and one day woke up and felt i didnt need them anymore.

I feel awesome really, and the problems that pushed me to get some help are over, i mean, i dont worry anymore for things that are out of my control. Im just focusing in myself and doing things that make me feel happy. Circunstances are never perfect, neither people, but i feel blessed everyday of my life. Im working on my universe. And it's shining


I feel so great i can puke rainbows :p

By the way i had a weird dream that you may have an idea what it meant maybe?
It was about this man(whom i've never seen before. In real life, however i know him from somewhere). But he wasnt a human being, he was a desincarnated entity.
Seemed we had some serious attraction, and in the dream itself while he was talking to me, i had like a flashforward, being able to see what would happen if we were together.
So i saw, he was going to possese my bf's body (i dont have a bf now neither i know the man in the dream) during intercourse. So we could b intimate together.
Much later i was going to get pregnant of him, the entity. And in my 9th month this same spirit would push me into the fireplace so we would be always together or something like that.

Lol What do u think this dream meant?. my terrible taste in men? J/k why do i always pick thw bad ones. Haha
Well in a serioys tone now, this was like 2 nights ago i think.
It was way longer than that but thats what i mainly remember.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl
 





By the way i had a weird dream that you may have an idea what it meant maybe? It was about this man(whom i've never seen before. In real life, however i know him from somewhere). But he wasnt a human being, he was a desincarnated entity. Seemed we had some serious attraction, and in the dream itself while he was talking to me, i had like a flashforward, being able to see what would happen if we were together. So i saw, he was going to possese my bf's body (i dont have a bf now neither i know the man in the dream) during intercourse. So we could b intimate together. Much later i was going to get pregnant of him, the entity. And in my 9th month this same spirit would push me into the fireplace so we would be always together or something like that.


Yikes, that is a crazy dream!

But then, most dreams are crazy.
As you get more in touch with yourself and puking rainbows (my daughter does that!
), you are going to have these kinds of dreams.
They are meant to make you question yourself and your own motives, secret desires, and pull towards what ever your soul wants out of life.
Along the way you will run into several different strange and wonderful things, and some things not so wonderful but yet, still, that carry messages to you/about you/for you.

You must have a deep dark passion filled life, and with that comes the darker passions and desires.
Where you focus, even if you do not realize it yourself, that you are doing it, is what you will experience, so if you have dark deep passions, this is a reflection of those.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Yikes, that is a crazy dream!

But then, most dreams are crazy.
As you get more in touch with yourself and puking rainbows (my daughter does that!
), you are going to have these kinds of dreams.
They are meant to make you question yourself and your own motives, secret desires, and pull towards what ever your soul wants out of life.
Along the way you will run into several different strange and wonderful things, and some things not so wonderful but yet, still, that carry messages to you/about you/for you.

You must have a deep dark passion filled life, and with that comes the darker passions and desires.
Where you focus, even if you do not realize it yourself, that you are doing it, is what you will experience, so if you have dark deep passions, this is a reflection of those.


Yesssssss I've always had a very VERY active dream world. I used to lucid dream as well.
Until one day it all stopped.
And I never had problems remembering my dreams really. I dont have the patience to WRITE them, but I can record them easily on my cellph. Yeah but I dont have the patience neither routine for that either. LOL
anyway.

I remember some super awesome dreams.
and others not so nice.
But i never have nightmares anymore!


I liked a nightmare I remember I had when i was like around 15 or something, where my house was filled with monsters from horror movies. LOL. was awesome really, and I was like a combat killer and had to killed them to "advanced" and open up the doors on my house.
Well now its funny, but was creepy as hell- cuz everything was like dark, my house had no lights, so i had to go into rooms, and BAM - freddy krueger would jump at me and we would have this life-death combat. Until I killed him, and then i would keep moving to some other room, where for example michel mayers would appear, etc. yeah my spelling sucks. too lazy now to fix them.
I love that dream.


I know myself perfeclty well. Because I always do introspection and analyze everything, So yes. However Im not that well at intepreting my own dreams though, sometimes I lack objectivity on THAT specifically.

Thxs for input darkblade
& yes I try to keep in balance the dark and light side of me

Why do u think Im pluto?
I even have the pluto astrological glyph tattooed on my lower back.So yes! I need to bathe in rainbows a lot more often.

Everyone is yin/yang really. The key lies in finding the balance.
I think im good at that.
edit on 7/10/12 by plutoxgirl because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join