It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Minnesota Cop Beating Drunk Man In Wheelchair

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Because he was resisting the police officer. He should have been pulled out of the wheel chair and restrained. He shouldnt not have beat his face in and then pulled him out of the wheel chair, excessive force, and it exceeded the threat. If you try to grab my face or hair, do you think i am going to apologize and ask you please not to if you are fighting with me?

Eye for an Eye is not in the Bible, the mark about Islam was simply showing that i am glad Sharia Law isnt in this country, and just expressing my opinion of the poster's earlier words that he should have the same done to him in which he inflicted. The poster supports Iran and obviously hates America so it was simply an off comment because of the amount i disagree with his opinion and his post he made on this thread.
edit on 3-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Actually, it is very unlike me to side with authoritative figures about anything, much less embrace enslavement. Check my posts.. I have a pacifist, libertarian, equal rights for all, God fearing mindset - but I do believe in justice if it teaches the golden rule.

And I am on the opposite end of the spectrum to no compassion... I have too much compassion and you not enough.

I can easily empathize with both of them. I can see their mistakes for what they were. Your outrage at the police officer, however, is what lacks in compassion.

Why the blind hatred for the cop? Do you hate all cops or do you see handicap people as inferior people who automatically deserve sole sympathy no matter what?

The guy in the chair struck first And it was uncalled for. He was then justifiable hit back. The end.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Actually, it is very unlike me to side with authoritative figures about anything, much less embrace enslavement. Check my posts.. I have a pacifist, libertarian, equal rights for all, God fearing mindset - but I do believe in justice if it teaches the golden rule.

And I am on the opposite end of the spectrum to no compassion... I have too much compassion and you not enough.

I can easily empathize with both of them. I can see their mistakes for what they were. Your outrage at the police officer, however, is what lacks in compassion.

Why the blind hatred for the cop? Do you hate all cops or do you see handicap people as inferior people who automatically deserve sole sympathy no matter what?

The guy in the chair struck first And it was uncalled for. He was then justifiable hit back. The end.

I am not judging you by your post history, but by your post only.

I find it odd that you believe my outrage towards the officer shows a lack of compassion on my behalf. This pig deserves no compassion and deserves much worse. Perhaps I lack compassion in certain aspects as I am in no way perfect, but that pig could have broke that wheel chair bound drunk's neck with those powerful punches.

I do not see handicap people as "inferior" but the context of this incident clearly shows this drunkard in a wheelchair as the victim, even though in the officer's defense...the drunk wheelchair man struck first (if you are gullible enough to consider that half assed slap as a strike towards the officer).

I do not have blind hatred forall cops, as I actually have several friends who ended up becoming police and some of them kept it real so to speak, while others became just like the pig in this video.

This is obvious that we will not agree on the perspective of the situation so I will not try and force my beliefs on you but you definitely need to practice what you preach and "empathize" for both of them. In my opinion, only one of the parties in this incident deserves sympathy/empathy but that's because I'm a dirty cop hater who hates all cops, even the good ones

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Watch the video again from the start.

The man in the wheelchair only strikes at the officer while his head is being pulled back in force. I'd strike the POS pig too.

And I hope he DOES get struck one day. Really, really, really hard by a moving vehicle. The asshole.
edit on 3-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I literally did not see him pulling the mans head back until you mentioned it. He was pulling the cuss out of his hair too.

I don't know how I missed that, but I can understand the outrage and charges against the officer now.

Edit: the video quality was playing tricks on my eyes...This one is much better.

You can see that the man was drunk off his arse and that he was only in the wheelchair because he was drunk and/or because he had already be in several fights prior to being arrested. The drunk did initiate the conflict with the officer by making the officer and detox employee believe that he was going to assault the detox employee with his jacket.

At that point, the officer tries to take the jacket from the drunkard so he can't attack the woman with it. The drunkard and officer then struggle for hand control before the drunkard swings at the police officer and the officer excessively retaliates.

I don't think the officer grabbed the mans head as it appeared in the other video, thus the drunk did initiated the conflict by threatening to throw the jacket at the lady, and by swinging at the officer first.

In conclusion... I think the police officer shouldn't lose his job, but he should be made to go through some exercises/retraining. The drunkard should be given community service and never be allowed to drink again.
edit on 10/3/2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I know our last few interactions in this thread may not have been ultra pleasant but I respect your abillity to admit that you may have been wrong and in my opinion that goes a long way as that is very rare around here so here is a star for you

I have been wrong on several occasions and always admit it, so I appreciate your gesture.

No hard feelings I hope.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but in this case I may have admitted defeat a little prematurely, Idk. I think you should check the video I posted. Your original video is a bit unclear.

And no hard feelings either way.. I'm just posting my opinions - not ranting or anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I still see excessive force. No matter which version.

As pointed out, the man is so drunk he can not stand.

How could he strike an officer with any amount of force if he can't even stand?

edit on 3-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

He stood for a moment but I understand what you mean - he was completely drunk. That's why I think he should only get community service instead of jail time for assaulting an officer.

And yes the officer retaliated with excessive force, but really it was only 4 swings (2 to 3 landed) and a choke slam before the officer was able to clear his head of his emotions and act professional again. I have mixed feeling about the officer because I see if was excessive but that sort of burst could happen to any person in the world... Even Jesus ran the money lenders off.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What a joke. Just a neanderthal. Who picks a fight with a drunk??... only idiots do and apparently cops when they want to feel big.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem here and demonstrating a major flaw of our justice system is that it was reported the cop MAY face charges. Pretty vague non convicting statement. However if you notice at the end of the video they say the man has been charged of felony assault on an officer. Why does any officer deserve one way special treatment? They knew what they signed up for when they took the job

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Obvious injustice. People, can't you unite? Is it an impossibility? What the heck is the matter with every one? How many members here???
LAME once again! pfffffffff!!!!!!!
edit on 4-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by grey580
The guy in the wheelchair clearly hit the cop.

That's assault. A crime.

Was the response from the cop of equal force? I would say he went beyond.
But that doesn't excuse the guy in the wheelchair. He should of kept his hands to himself and he wouldn't of gotten a beating.
Assault? The guy in the wheelchair assaulted that pig??? If a police officer can be assaulted by a dude in a wheelchair, he NEEDS his a$$ kicked. No disrespect towards you, but when TSHTF, and the jackboots come knocking, you seem like the kind that would fold like a bad poker player. Assault? Yeah, right, boss.
edit on 2-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

And yes. Putting your hands on someone else is assault.
I'm sure if someone slapped you you'd beat the crap out of them no?
Do you really expect the cop to do anything less?

And if the jackboots come. I have plenty of usable skills that I would be recruited. Not put into the camps.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
You know,reading threads like these make me think. You people are so quick to condemn cops for having HUMAN EMOTIONS.I bet every single one of you would react the same way,if some idiot slapped/punched/pulled a gun out on you. Someone hits you your first reaction is going to be STRIKE BACK.

Yes,I realize they're cops and need to be held to higher standards.But they are human.Face it people he reacted just like every one of us would have if some drunk fool tried to slap us.If you ask me i think they show way more restraint then your average citizen.(although in this video,not so much)
edit on 3-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

When I'm stronger, tougher, and more importantly, more sober, I can easily take a meaningless hit like that and laugh. I mean, how much more pathetic can you get. Either side...

Jouppi could have laughed it off and proved how strong he was for taking a wisp at his nose, if there was even full contact, and had a funny story to tell at the bar. But, NO, he put his entire CITY and PROFESSION at risk because he simply could not control himself in the heat of the moment. And you want this guy to protect you?
I'd rather have some bombed out PTSD war vet on the streets, fully strapped and loaded, than that psychocop.

It's time that people learn the why and how people like him get into their position in the first place. FEMA camps for all it seems, only because noone cares and they all want to apologetic.

One last note: More roofers die every year than police. When you take that into perspective, just think of the last time a cop has done anything for you. They are merely revenue agents and really can't help much.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
UPDATE

This is a verbatim copy from my local newspaper.

Officer charged in detox hitting

Duluth - A Duluth police officer seen hitting a man on a surveillance video is now charged with two misdemeanors.

A special prosecuting attorney on Thursday charged Officer Richard Jouppi with fifth-degree assault and disorderly conduct.

WDIO-TV reports the charges come after a Sept. 21 incident at the Duluth Detoxification Center was captured on surveillance video.

The video shows Jouppi hitting Anthony Jackson several times after Jackson strikes at Jouppi. Jackson is pulled out of his wheelchair during the incident.

//So, thats the clinically tried and true version thus far. If there were any merit to his 'disorientation' or victimization, it certainly would not hit my paper. My local rag and community is full of cop apologists yet they dare to print an article like this. Wonder why?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dfens
***snip***
I guess my rant is on the detox system. They used to have a drunk tank at the jail, which seems more effective and cheaper.

Also I got a longer video and more detailed info at this link www.copblock.org...

Check it out because you can read some of Jouppi's statement where he felt HE was victimized.

WOW!

For my money the woman in light blue was the instigator.

Her: "I need our jacket"
Wheelhair dude: "What do you you need my jacket for?"
Her: "You can't have it on the unit"
Wheelchair dude: "Here then - have the son of a bi***. You want me to throw it at you?"
SHE NODS
Her: "Throw it at me and see what happens"
Wheelchair dude: "OK"

A drunk guy gets it into his head that she wants him to throw the jacket. So he stubbornly tries that.

Cop interferes. NOT explaining that throwing it would be bad and they'd prefer it handed over nicely.

SO SHE STARTED IT.

COP OVERREACTED. He was subduing the dude and his testosterone told him to really show her what real men does to drunk bastards. Once he went down that path he couldn't very well retreat.
And maybe the drunk had already been a problem

Cop: "You get in two fights in one night"

SHE started it
COP overreacted.

edit on 14-10-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join