Video of Minnesota Cop Beating Drunk Man In Wheelchair

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The guy in the wheelchair clearly hit the cop.

That's assault. A crime.

Was the response from the cop of equal force? I would say he went beyond.
But that doesn't excuse the guy in the wheelchair. He should of kept his hands to himself and he wouldn't of gotten a beating.

I agree with most of this however the copper is obviously harboring some repressed rage.

He'll probably get off with a light slap.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This video just proves that all cops are bad. Sure it was only one of them that actually attacked the person, but everyone else in the room did nothing.

Right.. because the police in that room represent the entirety of the U.S. police force.

There are bad cops. Yup. There are also bad bakers, teachers, pastors, kindergarten teachers, swimming instructors, project managers, waste management employees... etc. etc. It's a pity that cops even need to have guns and batons and all the rest. The population gives them no choice. So the bad apples really stand out.

Bad cops.. yup. Punish them.. yes. Don't hold an entire nation of police officers on trial because of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Eye for an eye? Gotta love Islam right?

I did see the man grab for the police officer's face. He should have just pulled the man out of the wheel chair instead of beating his face in. That was ... i dont know ... stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I did see the man grab for the police officer's face. He should have just pulled the man out of the wheel chair instead of beating his face in. That was ... i dont know ... stupid.

Why should he have pulled him out of the wheelchair, possibly killing him, ( another cop did just that) not with fatal consequences, but she did it because she did not believe the wheelchair man was confined to a wheelchair, which he was. Eye for an eye is biblical, you can only work your own way round that.
edit on 2-10-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Were you saying the cop was a Muslim?

Sorry I don't understand why you would say that in a thread like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Not all cops are bad. I think the vast majority of them are pretty good. But as another poster pointed out, the bad ones really stand out and hurt the group as a whole.

My grandfather was a good and fair cop. He could walk into a hell's angels bar and ask for a person to bring them in for questioning about something, and they'd turn the guy over because they trusted him. But when he tansferred to another city and became the jail warden he was abhorred by what some cops would do. ie- assaulting a drunk homeless african american or mexican, beating him to a pulp and try to give him over to the jail. My grandfather wouldn't stand for it and made them take them to the infirmary, after which he'd report the officers to the captain. And they got unpaid suspension or worse.

There were other "incidences" that were investigated and prosecuted when he became an investigator for the DA. You have to go about things the right way when you see your fellows breaking the law. It gets very political. You have to tread carefully lest you lose the position that got you in a place where you can make things good.

Of course this was a town in redneck alley. The sheriff was known to get drunk and park his squad car across the street from his girlfriend's house, climb on the hood, and yell at the top of his lungs at her in the middle of the night. He had a permanent room at the detox center, too. And the judge was an absolute drunk himself. Most couldn't make out what he was saying during court...

Hmmm, maybe I'm not painting all that good of a picture of law enforcement, but my personal experience is that most of them are decent, fair, and professional.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION.

The problem: Out of control police.
The reaction: Public enraged.
The solution: Privatised law enforcment, that will in actuality be far worse.

The cop in the vid should face the same prosecution system as we would face.

If someone hits you in the face and you hit them back guess who gets charged?

I am torn on this vide as I would like to see the officer show restraint. With that said, I have zero sympathy for someone who smacks someone and expects no reaction. Him being in a wheelchair is meaningless. You hit someone in the face and get punched, I call that a life lesson.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan
This video just proves that all cops are bad. Sure it was only one of them that actually attacked the person, but everyone else in the room did nothing. The story will be buried and the cop won't be punished because the department wants to protect it's cops and it's image. Even the police that are level headed and genuinely trying to help society are bad because they don't take a stand against the really bad ones like this person.

stop being an idiot, a bad person is a bad person, this doesn't make all cops bad people.

i have two family members who are cops and are not bad people or cops!
stop talking out of your rear please.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

If someone hits you in the face and you hit them back guess who gets charged?

I am torn on this vide as I would like to see the officer show restraint. With that said, I have zero sympathy for someone who smacks someone and expects no reaction. Him being in a wheelchair is meaningless. You hit someone in the face and get punched, I call that a life lesson.

the cop went too far, but the drunk no matter if he was in a wheelchair still assaulted the cop.
slapping someone is still assault even if some people deem it not assault

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

As I said the officer should have shown restraint. I have ZERO empathy with the guy in the wheelchair though. Being in a wheelchair does not give you license to hit someone. You do and you suffer the consequences. The officer DID go too far, but he only hit the guy a few times, hardly a brutal assault. So I chalk this one up to life lesson learned. If I was on the Jury I would aquit the cop while letting him know he needs to hold himself to a higher standard.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You know,reading threads like these make me think. You people are so quick to condemn cops for having HUMAN EMOTIONS.I bet every single one of you would react the same way,if some idiot slapped/punched/pulled a gun out on you. Someone hits you your first reaction is going to be STRIKE BACK.

Yes,I realize they're cops and need to be held to higher standards.But they are human.Face it people he reacted just like every one of us would have if some drunk fool tried to slap us.If you ask me i think they show way more restraint then your average citizen.(although in this video,not so much)
edit on 3-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I agree. My post somewhat mirrors yours.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

As I said the officer should have shown restraint. I have ZERO empathy with the guy in the wheelchair though. Being in a wheelchair does not give you license to hit someone. You do and you suffer the consequences. The officer DID go too far, but he only hit the guy a few times, hardly a brutal assault. So I chalk this one up to life lesson learned. If I was on the Jury I would aquit the cop while letting him know he needs to hold himself to a higher standard.

The only reason this is posted here is because the man is in a wheelchair.It's a common theme here on ATS. Some of the idiots here equate being in a wheel chair to being retarded. Wheelchair or not you attack someone expect the same back.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by nightstalker78

I agree. My post somewhat mirrors yours.

It does. I cant even express myself the right way because I'm sick of the cop bashing on here. Its like you're in America.We have laws.You don't like it then leave. Whether anyone here believes it or not the Police are here to protect us. They are not here to make the US a "police state" . They're people.They go to work everyday just like you and I.

ETA : I've found the ones that bash the police are usually the ones who've broken the law at some point in their lives.For example,the drunken fool in the ops video.Thats not to say he deserved what he got..BUT if he wasnt in the wheelchair?
edit on 3-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Bad cop. No donut.

As others have said, the cops should be held to the same standards as civilians. If someone slapped me once -- particularly from a wheel chair -- I'd get the book thrown at me if I pulled the guy out of his wheel chair backwards and then started hitting him.

Cops get away with murder -- literally -- in the US as well as many other places. Seems we need something akin to the Black Panthers, but in a general sense for all the citizenry, i.e. have carloads of armed citizens following the the police around, making sure they obey the law and not abuse the citizenry. Have armed citizens show up at Occupy and other demonstrations in order to keep the police in line. We have a right to bear arms and to protect ourselves against the infringement of our rights -- whoever those oppressors may be.

In addition, we need a rule-of-law party to start running for city councils, mayoral positions and state legislatures across the country. We need to take our country back from the rich and powerful and their goons in blue. Cops shooting people, cops shooting dogs, cops handcuffing children, cops shooting rubber bullets at journalists and confiscating their cameras, cops teargassing peaceful protesters sitting down. This all must stop. And politicians, judges and other officials that let this crap happen need to be thrown out of office.

edit on 3-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I just don't see how a very weak and sloppy backhand that barely grazes the Cops face from a seated individual, (was a half grab, half backhand slap) warrants 3 full force as hard as you can throw overhand rights to the face. One ok, two is on the line, the third punch was completely excessive and not neccessary, not to mention slamming the guy out of his chair.

Looks like excessive force to me.

I dunno what they teach in the manual these days on restrain and control, but Cops really still use overhand right "bar-fight" haymakers to restrain individuals? Pitiful.

The whole "Get back or I'll arrest you" to the detox nurse? tells me 1) this officer is operating out of pure fear, which is not a good emotion for Cops to be so easily put into, or 2) He's a thug and thinks his badge and gun gives him the right to do whatever he wants if anyone touches him. If he is touched then it's game on and anything goes, and anyone in the immediate area becomes a threat. I dunno, either just very poor police work imo. Higher standards please.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That wasn't a brutal assault? Watch it again, genius. The cop almost took his head off in reaction to a pathetic girly-ass slap.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I was expecting to see some totally unjust beating, but this just isn't the case here - the drunkard deserved what he got.

I think the charges of assault should be dropped on both parties for reason of temporary insanity. The drunk man's insanity derived from the alcohol and the police officers from being attacked by an obnoxious drunkard.

Furthermore, I think there should be a new law passed that makes it illegal for anyone to consume alcohol if they have committed a crime due to alcohol - if you can't handle your liquor then you shouldn't be allowed to drink it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I was expecting to see some totally unjust beating, but this just isn't the case here - the drunkard deserved what he got.

You obviously embrace your enslavement.

It's rather frightening.

And your comment that he deserved it shows me that you lack human compassion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
These types of cops tend to pick on the weak and defenseless. If he was built like a bricksh**house this wouldn't have happened. In martial arts if you know your opponent is drunk you know you have an advantage and if he is in a wheel chair it is hardly a fair fight at all so you wouldn't even consider it. The cop could have just wheeled him where he wanted him to go instead of sticking his face in his where it could get hit. Doesn't this cop know some drunks are angry and should deal with them accordingly. I wonder if this cop is married and if so I feel sorry for her because he could bring that type of attitude home one day

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join