It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Minnesota Cop Beating Drunk Man In Wheelchair

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is further proof that no human is mentally capable of handling a power position with temperance and wisdom.

Aliens or something need to just come and enslave us I mean we already enslave eachother I'm thinking ET's could do it much more efficiently.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When one of the ladies tried to break it up and stop his tirade, he threatened to arrest her. Full blown rage induced power trip. These cops sign up for this job and should be able to manage their anger a lot better. There is no excuse for this to be okay...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I see a lot of these videos and every time I see one it makes me sad. Yet, why are solutions to the problem of police stepping over the line but being offered or put into action? I am sure there are pro-action groups who, with a little more funding and support, might be able to at least get the issue of police brutality into the political conversation more in their local areas.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is what needs to happen. When you see a cops in your community beating the crap out of somebody that is obviously posing no threat to the police or anybody else, don't sit idly by an watch it happen. Take action. Defend your fellow citizen from the tyranny of the jackboots. Swarm him and put a real beating on his ass. If he draws his weapon, draw yours. The only way tyranny will prevail is if we all lay down and do nothing while a citizen is being attacked by a thug. A police officer is not a police officer just because he has a badge and a gun. When he acts like a criminal, he is a criminal, no matter what he is wearing. They should be treated like a criminal by the community. If you seen somebody getting beaten by an other thug in the street, would you just stand and watch? Unfortunatly, many people will, because they are scared, or don't want to get involved.
The only way evil can prevail is for good men to do nothing. If this cop is not brought to justice, the people of that community should bring the hand of justice to him. Vigilance is acceptable when those whom we entrust to protect and serve end up being the ones we need to be protected from. Keep in mind, many people become cops because they are weak minded and power hungry and have a vendetta against society in general. Many cops really just want to serve their communities, but when they let their fellow officers get away with stuff like this, they are no better than they are. The female officer in this video should have stepped in and protected the subject in the wheelchair. When you are arrested, you are considered innocent, or at least you should be. They have a duty to protect you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The guy in the wheelchair clearly hit the cop.

That's assault. A crime.

Was the response from the cop of equal force? I would say he went beyond.
But that doesn't excuse the guy in the wheelchair. He should of kept his hands to himself and he wouldn't of gotten a beating.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The guy in the wheelchair clearly hit the cop.

That's assault. A crime.

Was the response from the cop of equal force? I would say he went beyond.
But that doesn't excuse the guy in the wheelchair. He should of kept his hands to himself and he wouldn't of gotten a beating.
Assault? The guy in the wheelchair assaulted that pig??? If a police officer can be assaulted by a dude in a wheelchair, he NEEDS his a$$ kicked. No disrespect towards you, but when TSHTF, and the jackboots come knocking, you seem like the kind that would fold like a bad poker player. Assault? Yeah, right, boss.
edit on 2-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It looked to me that at the beginning of the incident the police officer was pulling the man's hair (and hence his head) back past the wheel chair. From the man's perspective, and being drunk, I think it's safe to assume he felt threatened of being literally pulled backwards out of his chair; A scary feeling as anyone who's spent time in a wheel chair would attest to. Being drunk exacerbated that feeling.

It also seemed that the police officer was in his face verbally threatening him. A natural reaction would be to try and stop from being pulled back out of the chair, as the man clearly was doing when he lashed back at the officer's face to get him to stop.

Escalation proceeded.

Of course we don't know what was being said during the incident. Perhaps the man was verbally threatening the officers and staff member. But it didn't seem that if anything was being said it was enough cause for the staff member to react. She continued typing away on the computer just a few feet away. It seemed she didn't feel threatened.

The officer's attorney could argue that when the man swiped at the officer's face this allowed the officer to respond with the next level of force, which he did. The excessiveness of the force used is the big question. 4 total punchs to the head, the last being an old 1-2 ending with a haymaker, dragging him out of his wheel chair and slamming his upper back on the ground?

And why didn't the other officer step in and help contain this man before it escalated? Was she a rookie? She was helping at the beginning until her partner went into a rage.

BTW, a word of warning to law enforcement officers out there... Don't ever put your face in someone elses. It really pisses people off and escalates things, and not everyone is sane. They may just bite your nose off or worse. It's not worth it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I agree with you. The cop was probably thinking, "oh, I can't let this poor, pathetic drunk get away with that weakassed slap from his chair. What will the boys say? I'm NOT a pussy. I'll show him, hahaha.'' Or something like that.

The reason why drunk people go to detox in the first place is because they are a danger to themselves and/or others, as their saying goes. So if that policechild had payed attention at training he should know that that can be expected from time to time when dealing with overly intoxicated people. You can't just haul off on someone already in custody, especially on camera. Reminds me of Rod Farva.

For his paid administrative leave, he should have to show up every day and get his ass reamed out and once he's convicted, fired and banned from any kind of LE or security.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This video just proves that all cops are bad. Sure it was only one of them that actually attacked the person, but everyone else in the room did nothing. The story will be buried and the cop won't be punished because the department wants to protect it's cops and it's image. Even the police that are level headed and genuinely trying to help society are bad because they don't take a stand against the really bad ones like this person.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
It's funny that all the people who defend police brutality are absent from this thread...

Would love to hear their spin on this, I can hear it now "the cop was in serious danger from the drunk man in a wheelchair"

The officer in question should be hit with the full force of the law and sentencing and not get a slap on the wrist like all the rest seem to get.

I'm of the belief that the Police should use force when it's called for.This is not one of those times.While the man had no right to slap the cop his reaction was way too much and it wasn't necessary.At the very least he should be fired.Hopefully he's charged with assault,just like you or I would be.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm from Minnesota. This happened on September 21. I typically watch the cities news and read my local paper every day, yet there was maybe a blurb, cuz I totally missed it. Not surprising that they bury these kind of accountings.

Detox is big business in this state. Several years ago, my town shut our center down because it was revealed that the cops would take anyone over a .20 Blood Alcohol Content to detox to keep the facility full, all for the tax dollars. People who didn't deserve to go went. That is until some wise drunks, career drunks with no permanent address, started to game the system. Well, it was a 24 bed facility, and it was determined that it cost a little more than 180K per bed. From people who can't or won't pay. From a center that employs maybe 10 people.

Now the solution is outsourcing to other clinics, of which, the closest one is only 45 miles away. LE is tasked with transport, yet its still on the taxpayer dime.

I guess my rant is on the detox system. They used to have a drunk tank at the jail, which seems more effective and cheaper.

Also I got a longer video and more detailed info at this link www.copblock.org...

Check it out because you can read some of Jouppi's statement where he felt HE was victimized.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that anyone in a uniform with a badge and the power to harm is emotionally damaged goods and to be avoided like you would any dangerously insane person..
Think about it what sort of a person would actively seek out a job where their only goal is tell people what they are not allowed to do buy they themselves are, and steal their property (via ciataions).

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If i had been there at the time i would have beaten the feckin # out of that feckin pig scum. He's lucky to be alive.
I hope some of you in the states are man enough to hunt that SOB down and give him what he deserves !!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i'm seeing far too many examples of this kind of thing. some (not all, surely?) police officers need to be reined in. some need to be fired, and some should be in jail. and they do the forces' public relations no favours at all. it's almost as if, with the endless slew of police brutality videos uploaded to the web, someone was trying to deliberately stoke the fire of animosity that already exists between them and us.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If I were the orderly I would of kicked that cops head through the wall.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nice job girl i the gray sweater to instigate the situation cause she feels she protected cause there's a cop there, till he goes ballistic and uses excessive force then her deamenor changes and she realizes the cop is actually a psychopath. Nice job honey.

This line from the attorney of the Cop, from Dfens link posted above is scary...

“This is not a helpless guy in a wheelchair,” [Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association Legal Defense Fund attorney Fredric Bruno] said of Jackson on Friday. “He had trashed his room in the public facility he was living in. He was taken forcibly to detox and alluded to the fact that he had a .38 pistol and a .45 pistol. He punched Officer Jouppi, disorienting him. He was a subject being subdued. He’s (Jouppi) got some concerns about him. The guy (Jackson), at a minimum, should have a disorderly conduct at the facility, probably a terroristic threat against detox staff and probably a fourth-degree assault against Officer Jouppi. He’s not exactly a sympathetic character as he’s being portrayed.

Terrorist threat to the staff? I can hear everything that was said in that video, he said he'd throw his jacket at her. She says Do it and asee what will happen (instigating the situation).

A little background on the "officer" again from the same link.

"It also “turns out” the cop has a history of complaints against him, and he had just signed a “last chance” agreement after he was caught tipping off a friend he was being investigated for criminal sexual misconduct."

A crooked cop with a taste for violence..., now why doesn't that suprise me.

This just shows you, when you are dealing with any (male)Cops, it's yes sir no, Sir, don't give them any reason to think about harming you, because they are people and just like any other large group of (males) a decent % will have violent tendencies, especially in front of females; and a small % will be psychopath criminals like the cop in this video. You could end up dead. Unless you are ready and able to defend yourself from a thug with a badge, don't do anything stupid, cause it could be that one nut-case out of 50 cops, haveing a bad day, and looking to take it out on you.

This Cop is really gonna say and I quote from the above link again "that he was disoriented" from that love tap back hand the guy in the wheelchair grazed his face with? If that's true, he needs to find a new line of work. I hope and believe he will be due to his prior history and poor record and this video showing blatant excessive force.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
If i had been there at the time i would have beaten the feckin # out of that feckin pig scum. He's lucky to be alive.
I hope some of you in the states are man enough to hunt that SOB down and give him what he deserves !!!

Calm yourself,neither you or any other internet tough guys would have.Given that it appears this happened in the police station you wouldnt have had a chance.You'd have recieved a beat down worse then this guy did and not just from one cop,so quit the tough talk.It's post like this that make me laugh,yeah what the cop did was bad,but to say he's lucky to be alive? Are you kidding me?
edit on 2-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Threatened to arrest the Slave and other officer that was going to intervene"

and he is bashing a handicapped person who is inebriated..

Does that mean if the person was not handicapped he would have shot him ?

That Police officer faced a Tough Moral choice to not shoot the handicapped man I would guess this police officer
If alone with the handicapped man would have made him pay in a various number of other ways.. would probably have dressed him in a dress and kept hitting him forcing him to try and walk.

The Police officer must be punished.

He should have stepped back checked the man in the wheel chair for a weapon checked himself for injuries then proceeded to have the other officer secure the mans arms and searched him for a weapon.. a second time

Restrained his arms from him hurting me again himself or anyone else

NOT knocked his teeth out and slam his already damaged spine and head into the ground.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Gestas because: Morality

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to see that cop locked in a Room with some adult male gorillas. But first show the gorillas a photoshopped Picture of the cop poaching gorillas. I know it's an immature fantasy but it only seems fair to do so.

Also I gotta say 99 Percent of these videos showing cops striking people I notice the cop has horrible technique. It's something I've noticed at the shooting range. How are the least talented people getting into this line of work? To me it says that most cops are too insecure to actually go out there and learn real restraints and martial arts from Pros. Might have something to do with wanting to be a tough guy but not actually Being one who actually is accepted. By that society. Real men can tell that most cops are not their peers. Hell I have a few friends that are cops. Whenever we go out it obvious they have no game with women can't hold their booze and are easily goaded into fights they have no hope of finishing. Basically I'm saying that most cops I've met are insecure dumbasses.

Also I think it's fair we take this cop tie him to a wheel chair and then lock him in a room with Stephen Hawkins except Stephens allowed to bring a cattle prod as a jousting tool and then we let Stephen settle this for all of his
edit on 2-10-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
and the cops wonder why a citizen would walk straight up to them and blow their brains out... LOL

well... here ya go coppers.... now... go where your badge proudly, looking over your shoulder... every minute ... because we the people will show you some "protect and serve"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join