It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Minnesota Cop Beating Drunk Man In Wheelchair

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There sure are a lot of these incidents getting caught on camera lately. This is just another example of a brutal thug beating a defenseless person. Some people may find this graphic so please watch at your own risk. The drunk man in a wheel chair who was already in the process of being restrained flailed a wimpy slapping gesture that angered the officer.

The man in the wheel chair deserves to be charged with assaulting a police officer, but he does not deserved to be beaten like this. He was no danger to the officer.

An independent prosecutor is investigating a brutal beating as a Minnesota detox center. Video shows a cop repeatedly punching a drunk man in a wheelchair. Officials say the man refused to take off his jacket and hit the officer, who then began the savage attack.

www.nasdaq.com...

This was excessive force on the officer's behalf and I find his behavior proving him not worthy to be trusted in a position of power.

The officer is facing assault charges, and his lawyer says his client did the right thing.

I disagree, this is absolutely disgusting and is not proper procedure.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: title

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION.

The problem: Out of control police.
The reaction: Public enraged.
The solution: Privatised law enforcment, that will in actuality be far worse.

The cop in the vid should face the same prosecution system as we would face.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I believe the cop should get the same beat down that the drunk guy in the wheel chair received, maybe then he will learn his lesson

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Truth be told i have nothing against most cops and i recognize that they are just simply people doing their jobs

But its sick and twisted men like this who are not even worthy of the title of police officer that give cops a bad name Also why don't we tie him in a wheelchair and have someone beat him up too seems like a fair punishment

edit on 1-10-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's really hard to believe this isn't all over the news since it's so horrible. Does anyone know if anyone other than the local news covered this? This needs to get around.

This pig needs to be punished.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I would like to hear more about the story and what the extent of the victim's injuries were.

This type of stuff happens way to happen for a civilized society. I am starting to think that we are not that civilized anymore and we are just as bad as the other countries we insult for their human right abuses.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

These thugs need to learn that they cannot do this, and yes I agree let's tie him up and do the same right back to him.

There is no accountability compared to the normal citizen when it comes to police officers.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
american slaves lol

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aytacaksel

Do you mean the police or the American citizen in general?

I'm hoping you mean the police, as they are slaves to the corporate elite.

As for the regular citizenry of any country we are all slaves who have to deal with similar oppression each and every day. We in North America don't have it as bad as other places, but it's much worse that most of us believe.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

police can do whatever they want because of slave population of america. just obey they are strong you are weak.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbi4Peace
I would like to hear more about the story and what the extent of the victim's injuries were.

In my opinion that's not even relevant. The cop assaulted a man in a wheelchair, the evidence is there for all to see. There is no justification for the actions of that officer, none at all.

The officer should be fired, charged with assault, locked up and used as an example to all other officers in the US - If you abuse your position you will face the consequences of your actions.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wow..I can't really say what I want to say here. I just hope the officer gets a big fine or fired. As for the drunk, who cares, how many college students, rich single people and others get drunk, just count how full the bars are each day. Yes America loves it's drink. Maybe we should start a not for profit org called (Citizens for a drunker america)?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Rabbi4Peace

In my opinion that's not even relevant. The cop assaulted a man in a wheelchair, the evidence is there for all to see. There is no justification for the actions of that officer, none at all.

The officer should be fired, charged with assault, locked up and used as an example to all other officers in the US - If you abuse your position you will face the consequences of your actions.

I completely agree that there was no excuse for this officer's actions.

My interpretation of the member you quoted seems to differ. I could be wrong but I believe that they were just curious about how much injury that ruthless thug caused. From what I can see those were some pretty hard punches that could have caused head and neck injuries.

I am also curious as to what the extent of the injuries are for this defenseless drunk man in a wheel chair because regardless of the "slap" this victim may have a lawsuit on their hands. it sucks that the tax payers will have to pay for this rage freak's actions because it's always the taax payers that suffer when these lawsuits are settled.

He definitely needs to be locked up in general population and he can see what it reallly feels like to be bullied.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel

police can do whatever they want because of slave population of america. just obey they are strong you are weak.

I'm not American but the same thing happens here in Canada. We are slaves, but not because we want to be and people are waking up to the monsters that we call TPTB.

My guess is that incidents of vigilante justice against corrupt police will rise dramatically since the people who are supposed to be protecting us aren't doing their job, so we will do their job for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's funny that all the people who defend police brutality are absent from this thread...

Would love to hear their spin on this, I can hear it now "the cop was in serious danger from the drunk man in a wheelchair"

The officer in question should be hit with the full force of the law and sentencing and not get a slap on the wrist like all the rest seem to get.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

I was also wondering when the defenders of police brutality would show up and say "This guy deserved it for assaulting an officer of the law" which we usually see. There usually are at least a few of them.

Anyone who supports a wheel chair bound getting severely beaten by an officer has some serious issues.

There are so many cases just like this one and they usually get off a lot easier compared to non LEO's.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious they think they can get away with anything, while they demand respect and compliance. The cop should have been charged also, and immediately, with the same offence, notice how the policewoman didn't interfere.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
It's funny that all the people who defend police brutality are absent from this thread...

Would love to hear their spin on this, I can hear it now "the cop was in serious danger from the drunk man in a wheelchair"

The officer in question should be hit with the full force of the law and sentencing and not get a slap on the wrist like all the rest seem to get.

I've never seen anyone actually defend 'police brutality', I've only ever seen people pointing out and raising the issue of the 'other side' of what sometimes seems like a very one-sided 'anti-police' thread.

----

I hope that cop not only looses his job but receives a conviction for assault.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by Todzer

I've never seen anyone actually defend 'police brutality', I've only ever seen people pointing out and raising the issue of the 'other side' of what sometimes seems like a very one-sided 'anti-police' thread.

----

I hope that cop not only looses his job but receives a conviction for assault.

I hope that pig gets permanent desk duty due to extensive injuries inflicted by very angry family members. One of these days, they're going to cross someone who doesn't give two sh!+z about the cops. And believe me, there are many with that sentiment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How many of these videos have to come up before anything changes? Im almost afraid to say that this type of behavior is becoming "normal" or at least normal to see. Just like watching to many horror movies, you get used to the blood and gore. I hope this is not the tactic behind all of this. But its becoming unnerving for me and most ATS members to see to the point where I/we don´t even want to click play anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join