It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an IPod touch problem.. I know it's not a computer, but... help me out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A friends of mine wanted to trade her IPod touch for my IPod nano. But here's the catch--it's a first generation IPod touch, no camera, no speakers, and it can't download most of the apps I like. My nano is up to scale, has a camera, speakers, radio, the works.

I told her I didn't want to trade, and she's like, "No problem, you can just have it."

She gives me the IPod touch.

Okay, cool... so... I have a new IPod.

But I can't update the software from Itunes, I already tried.

Does anyone know any apps that you can download onto a first generation IPod touch that allows you to download videos from youtube?

I had an app like that for my fourth gen, before it was stolen.

I wanted to give this IPod to my little sister, because she really likes to watch the videos. But I can't find any apps I can download onto a first gen, because the software is so old.

Help me out...?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe something like Media Monkey will recognize it. I've had it work for me before when my Ipod wouldn't recognize on Itunes.

They have a free version I believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

your friendly neighborhood jailbreaker-for-hire here to help

restore using a whited00r modded firmware looks like iOS 5
and has some of it's features

If you're still rockin' an ancient iPhone or iPod Touch and are fed up with friends teasing you at every chance with their new-style multitasking and reminder features, we've got some good news for you. A new software, dubbed Whited00r, will let you install portions of iOS 5 on the first two generations of the iPod Touch, iPhone 3G and even your O.G. iPhone. Whited00r accomplishes this by simply acting as a custom firmware -- à la CyanogenMod 9 on Android handsets. There are, however, a few traits that devs haven't been able to mimic, which include core services like the App Store (though, you can install apps via iTunes on your home machine), Notification Center and iCloud. So, for those of you clinging to your outdated hardware while you wait for the "next big thing," you can at least freshen up its features (at your own risk) with a coat of whitewash at the source below.
www.engadget.com...

you can try and see if dropbox, box, and or google drive will work as a substitute of sorts
for icloud

the original whited00r.com is down but they have a temp site here: www.whited00r.eu...

ipod-touch-1g firmware download:
www.whited00r.eu...

installation instructions:
www.whited00r.eu...

hope this helps

edit
media monkey

or an older version [if the newer ones wont work] of CopyTransManager
as for downloading YT vids search youtube in cydia to see if there's a version that'll work or search for older version of MxTube .deb files and any dependencies and use ifunbox to install
edit on 1-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

join