It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-GMO researchers used science publication to manipulate the press

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by sgspecial19

Nature keeps us living in caves and scrounging for food. Science puts men on the moon, and makes civilization possible. I can tell you which one I prefer, and it's not the one where being eaten by predators is a leading cause of death.

Maybe if your an ape. Our ability to think reason build and create is part of nature and was also developed over millions of years.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yeah, reasoning is natural. However, the products of human reasoning most definitely aren't, and that's what sets us apart. We've risen above nature to create things that no natural system ever could. The integrated circuit, the internal combustion engine, agriculture.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Actually they didn't "forbid" anything... they simply objected because the agency which was going to "review" the research had already issued their determination that the GMO product in question was "safe."

Actually, they did.
Seralini refuses to release the data from the experiment.

edit on 10/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by hawkiye

We've risen above nature to create things that no natural system ever could.

And look where that's taken us.... The soul is a myth and your destiny is controlled by another.
Our manipulation of nature has gone too far. Basic agriculture and transportation is enough.
Inventing millions of new weapons of death, technocratic systems to control masses, destroying ecosystems to indulge ourselves, warping medical science for profit, and of course gene manipulation (which not only is harmful, but is in response to fixing the problems we created in the first place) are not needed.

I would take a world minus all of that please...and if I couldn't barter for that, then I'd prefer an ancient Greek world any day.
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Nature is the same essense of the universe, while science barely mapped out the milky way galaxy. Nice try.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If you think that GMO's are the cat's ass .. Then tell me the % of workers that work for Monsanto, eat gmo foods.
It would be nice to share with the rest of us that have an inkling into the proper growth of safe organic foods.

edit on 2-10-2012 by ionsoul because: Too Slow....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter if some researchers made mistakes with their experiments. We have plenty of data world wide on the dangers of GMO's as shown in the very scientific free to watch movie Genetic Roulette. geneticroulettemovie.com...

So perhaps you cant count on That study.. big deal, there have been and will be others. Simply listen to the farmers who have fed this garbage to their livestock, how many illnesses they have and even after a few generations become sterile. Their health drastically improves once they are off GMO foods. We don't need a study to show us the truth of whats happening all across the country. If you doubt, watch the movie, I dare you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

i wouldnt trust that source website to begin with

2nd, there has never been a real short to mid term human study, LET ALONE LT study of gmo's on humans

the rat studies now tell you why

gmo is a slow kill operation under the guise of the "feed the world with technology" charity operation

the same crew, the bankers, have been behind that company and wanted to monetize seeds like they do with fiat

its criminal

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

We also made things which if used in an unethical way can cause severe disaters even our own extinction like nukes, bio-weopons, mass pollution, processed foods, genocide and mass warfare.

Who is smarter, a species of man who in 2 million years go from spears to spaceships BUT in the process anhilates themselves or another species like a shark who lives for 100's of millions of years and does not destroy itself?

We are nowhere near as smart as we think we are and gmo's should never have been allowed in the open fields until many years of testing has been complete end of story plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

Hmm, how about you tell that to the 20 or so transuranic elements (ie. new atoms) that we've created that don't occur in nature.

reply to post by Slickinfinity

Show me a shark that's invented powered flight and agriculture and we'll talk. Until then, yes, we're smarter than sharks.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think you missed my point. If we destroy ourselves using our "genius" how smart does that actually make us ?

And if a species goes on living for a billion years and we only last a few million because they were unable to adapt to higher levels of technology then yea the longer lasting species is smarter when it exists and the other does not.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Slickinfinity because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Its also aburd to have these debates when totaly avoiding the truth which is Monsanto is a greedy company that wants to monopolize the worlds food supply and infuse our foods with all kinds of pesticides and unnatural genes.

I do not trust them and I believe them to be malevolent in their practices which inclue outright robbing of farmers and causing mass suicides in developing nations. Why would countries ban them if they were safe and revolutionary to farming?

I want good science to help feed the world and do great things but I am sorry monsanto will not lead that path and they seem to only care about profit and corporate interests. Monsanto is bad for earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
[I'll choose fruits and vegetables over ANYTHING mankind biochemically produces. The complexity in nature's foods surpass our biotechnology; even the fruits and vegetables go back eons and eons, so I truly believe nature knows what is best for our bodies...Regardless of indiscriminate weather conditions affecting human vitality.

All corn, apples, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes,and about every other veggie and fruit is mankind manipulated.
The Wheat from 100 years ago is dead from Rust plagues. I am not sure what you mean by biochemically produced?
I can tell you that nature is not out for your best interests - it is trying to kill you and consume the energy stored in your body.
I think you make a very good point about the complexity in nature. Its had billions of years to improve. To think that Mankind, with its labs and science, can actually change beyond a 1/1000ths of the total genome is a fool. Our changes are so small, that its hard to say that there is a difference. But everyone somehow thinks they are better at creating evil veggies than they are. Asexual reproduction introduces far more change then we could ever hope to cause, but everyone thinks that genetically modified food is now poison somehow.
The irony is that even when Monsanto makes a killer crop, nature will , to use the pun, weed out those changes, in a single generation.
They have simply come up with ways to do what our forefather farmers used to do at a faster rate. This does not make it bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join