It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been thinking about HAARP recently

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

See the HELICAL REFERENCE ON THE HAARP SH*T?
I REST MY CASE WITH SOLID EVIDENCE FROM OTHER SCIENTISTS, who said it best already

A helical antenna? What does that have to do with "twisted light" or HAARP?

HAARP does not use helical antennas. Each antenna element (of 180) consists of four dipole antennas. HAARP attains circular polarization (and other forms) by controlling phasing. But, as pointed out, that does not eliminate the inverse square law nor does it allow HAARP to produce a power density of 1 W/cm2.

What "case" do you rest, exactly? What "other scientists"?

edit on 10/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Why are you telling flat lies? This thread is about HAARP and I was explaining to the OP how his thoughts are fascinating, and not only fascinating but timely, as he is not the only person wondering. It doesn't take a research team to give some people original ideas.

I guess whistleblowers like me are the FLAMING RED BOGEYS of your Chair Force Corporate nightmares!

HAARP, circularly polarized plasmas in high altitude

Text of Eastlund Patent
US05038664
from BrotherJonathanGazette Website
recovered through WayBackMachine Website

United States Patent 5,038,664
Eastlund August 13, 1991

Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface

Abstract

A method for establishing a region of a high density, high energy plasma at an altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers above the earth's surface. Circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted at a first frequency substantially parallel to an earth's magnetic field line to excite electron cyclotron resonance heating in normally occurring plasma at an altitude of at least about 250 kilometers to generate a mirror force which lifts said plasma to said altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers. Heating is continued at a second frequency to expand the plasma to the apex of said field line whereupon at least some of the plasma is trapped and oscillates between mirror points on said lines. The plasma will be contained within adjacent field lines and will drift to form a shell of relativistic particles around a portion of the earth.
Inventors: Eastlund; Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Assignee: APTI, Inc. (Washington, DC)
Appl. No.: 690354
Filed: January 10, 1985

Current U.S. Class: 89/1.11 ; 376/100; 376/123; 976/DIG427
Intern'l Class: F41B 015/00
Field of Search: 376/100,123 89/1.11 361/231 342/352

DUMOULIN ANTENNA & HIGH FREQUENCY RESEARCH ...
www.acronymgeek.com/DUMOULIN++ANTENNA+%26+HIGH+...The search results for DUMOULIN ANTENNA & HIGH FREQUENCY ... The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program . ... Quadrifilar helix antennas - Queens University Belfast - ECIT

rnctampa.blogspot.com...
MONDAY, AUGUST 6, 2012

The HAARP Patent

HAARP PATENT
( 1 of 1 )
United States Patent 4,686,605
Eastlund August 11, 1987
Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere

Abstract

A method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating to thereby increase its charged particle density. In one embodiment, circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted upward in a direction substantially parallel to and along a field line which extends through the region of plasma to be altered. The radiation is transmitted at a frequency which excites electron cyclotron resonance to heat and accelerate the charged particles. This increase in energy can cause ionization of neutral particles which are then absorbed as part of the region thereby increasing the charged particle density of the region.
Inventors: Eastlund; Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Assignee: APTI, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
Appl. No.: 06/690,333
Filed: January 10, 1985

Current U.S. Class: 361/231 ; 244/158.1; 380/59; 89/1.11
Current International Class: H05H 1/02 (20060101); H05H 1/18 (20060101); F41G 7/20 (20060101); F41G 7/22 (20060101); F41H 13/00 (20060101); H01Q 1/36 (20060101); H05B 006/64 (); H05C 003/00 (); H05H 001/46 ()
Field of Search: 361/230,231 244/158R 376/100 89/1.11 380/59

Other References

Liberty Magazine, (2/35) p. 7 N. Tesla. .
New York Times (9/22/40) Section 2, p. 7 W. L. Laurence. .
New York Times (12/8/15) p. 8 Col. 3..

HAARP, CERN, similar technology difference scale and application.
Tesla, Marconi shared research.
Helical antennas ARE present at CERN, explains the smaller perpendicular arrays on the sides of the buried Dipoles.

You think I am retarded.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Why are you telling flat lies?
What lies?

Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface
Yes. We discussed that patent:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

HAARP, CERN, completely different technology and purpose.

Helical antennas ARE present at CERN, explains the smaller perpendicular arrays on the sides of the buried Dipoles.
Really? I thought CERN uses magnets.

You think I am retarded.
No. Just misinformed and in over your head.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Obviously some posters here exist SOLELY for government damage control, character assassination, idea obliteration, and sabotage of individual thought.

I've heard these people say all of these intimately linked technologies are unrelated (a lie),
"Tesla has nothing to do with HAARP" (yet another lie),
"there is no helical array at HAARP" (easily disproven in 10 seconds),
"HAARP can't do that", (to which I say there is no such thing as a modern weapon with only one function),

AD NAUSEUM!!

Here is a link for RADAR application of Twisted Light phenomena, I guess the Chair Force desk jockeys don't want the Camel Jockeys to know these things:

www.agu.org...
RADIO SCIENCE, VOL. 47, RS5004, 8 PP., 2012
doi:10.1029/2011RS004819

Plasma angular momentum effects and twisted incoherent scatter radar beams

Key Points
Phased array antennas can be used to twist radar beams
Twisted radar beams can be used to detect angular momentum effects in plasma
Beam divergence causes a Doppler broadening of the incoherent scatter spectrum
T. B. Leyser
Swedish Institute of Space Physics, Uppsala, Sweden

F. Waldemarsson

Westinghouse Electric Sweden AB, Västerås, Sweden

S. C. Buchert

Phased arrays provide new possibilities for remote sensing with radars. By imposing an azimuthal phase variation, electromagnetic beams that carry orbital angular momentum can be formed. Such beams have a phase structure that appears twisted and as a result an intensity null in the center of the beam cross section. Here we numerically investigate twisted beams for incoherent scatter radars that are used to study the ionosphere. We discuss the possibility of utilizing such radar beams to probe twisted beams of plasma waves and flows transverse to the beam axis, such as associated with auroral arcs. Transverse plasma flows may give rise to a rotational frequency shift of the scatter from a twisted beam and Doppler broadening due to the beam divergence, the latter also occurring with regular beams. Although the angular momentum effects of the considered large scale flows are generally small, sheared and vortical flows transverse to the beam axis can in principle be discriminated from unidirectional flows with beams carrying orbital angular momentum.

Received 11 July 2011; accepted 30 July 2012; published 14 September 2012.

Citation: Leyser, T. B., F. Waldemarsson, and S. C. Buchert (2012), Plasma angular momentum effects and twisted incoherent scatter radar beams, Radio Sci., 47, RS5004, doi:10.1029/2011RS004819.

Theorycrafters: optical vortex and mind control

groups.google.com...#!topic/alt.conspiracy/KQ-Db_BL3Pc

An optical vortex can generate lines, loops and curves which
interfere to generate certain geometries. Diffraction gratings and optics on
the satellites linked to target areas can also be modulated in multiple
quadrature using acoustic opto modulator technology to drive geometric
patterns enabling a type of 2d or 3d holographic geometry. These patterns of
large scale beams are scaled down through mathematics and geometry and lock
onto target areas which then cut through persons, places and devices in the
paths.

The transformations of looking at a perspective as a flat plane to
its relationship with other planes on other vector angles can then construct
the type of 3d map. The intersecting points generate links and a geometry
can be forcibly applied and transformed through multiple dimensions
mathematically. The transforms of regular solids in other dimensions is just
a math technique resulting in complex paths. Irregular information can also
be analysed and turned back into an identifiable object.

The basis from my
observations is that of a 6 point flat ring which becomes a sphere upon 3d
generation. Multiple spheres are run at once. The lines and curves link
sphere points over time and distance in a scalar fashion. Between spheres
(or orbs as some might say they are) the lines and curves run convergent,
divergent and parallel. These point geometries can then make structures such
as star delta 3 points, quad boxes or diamonds, 5 point systems, twin point
pairs and single point expansions to 6 and spheres. Occassionally many more
points join a sphere but it stabilises at 6 to 1 variations.

There can be
many thousands or more points in the area around me constantly but with
multiple modulation patterns intermodulating lock points as a frequency,
time, distance, function of the intended target they can precisely pinpoint
with the supercomputers that exact location in the codified stream.

These
modulations are calculated as 2d and 3d patterns like audio waveforms.
Sequences can modulate around the ring or along the lines.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Why are you telling flat lies?
What lies?

Yes. We discussed that patent:

HAARP, CERN, completely different technology and purpose.

Really? I thought CERN uses magnets.

You think I am retarded.
No. Just misinformed and in over your head.

I am most definitely NOT in over my head, that is your judgment speaking, not mine.

And you cannot address my claims with one liners, clearly troll tactics.

Attacking me instead of the research I posted.

Cyclotron is a cyclotron, no matter how small/large/open/closed.
HAARP is a continuation of research done at magnetic resonance labs and at Berkley/CERN/etc.
Eastlund based some of the stuff in the patent on things found on smaller scales that applied at the global level.

You have failed to address any of the points I did successfully make.
And anyone making money off of deceiving the public thanks to the National Security Act of 1947 should be crapping his pants right now, when the common people are making connections that make Julian Assange look like a cotton candy vendor...

Thread about Bush's Nazis murdering Tesla and stealing the designs from his safe:

Please read that threat before opening your mouth with another "no"
edit on 11-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: tesla death

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

"Tesla has nothing to do with HAARP" (yet another lie),
Please provide evidence that Tesla's ideas have anything to do with HAARP.

"there is no helical array at HAARP" (easily disproven in 10 seconds),
tick tock, tick tock. Ten seconds is up.

"HAARP can't do that", (to which I say there is no such thing as a modern weapon with only one function),
Can't do what? After stating what it can do, please provide evidence.

Here is a link for RADAR application of Twisted Light phenomena
That's cool. What does it have to do with HAARP? HAARP has a radar installation but it isn't a phased array.

Cyclotron is a cyclotron, no matter how small/large/open/closed.

Are you confusing a cyclotron (known in the old days as an atom smasher) with electron cyclotron resonance? Not exactly the same thing.

HAARP is a continuation of research done at magnetic resonance labs and at Berkley/CERN/etc.
No it isn't. It is a facility to study the ionosphere.

You have failed to address any of the points I did successfully make.
Please point those out so that I may.

Please read that threat before opening your mouth with another "no"
I did. Thread

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Look above at phage's post and see the 10+ one liners.

No research or links to research in support of his claims.

Only gross generalities.

Typical disinfo gov't control leak destroyer.

Sigh

P.S. Typos are not illegal and do not remove the need to absorb the content of the post containing the typo. Another troll tactic. Normally referred to as Grammar NAZI.
edit on 11-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

p.p.s. going to bed; on your night shift for the Govt Man please take the time to read all the research posted above and realize how groundless and pointless it is to keep saying the same things over and over.

Tesla and Marconi worked together. They would not call HAARP a Marconi array if Marconi and his associates had not influenced the design. Not sure what you are trying to say, but it's repetitive.

Everyone on ATS knows about Tesla and has some idea of what he contributed to modern science at great personal cost... and his technology is misused.
edit on 11-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You worked for haarp didn't you?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm gonna show you what haarp really is..... watch...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Lets say your theory is correct as it is plausible. What about cruise missiles? Couldn't they just use those instead? Perhaps say out of a sub? something that doesn't go out of the atmosphere?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

You are the one making claims. I am refuting the ones which are inaccurate. Please point out the ones which are accurate.

Tesla and Marconi worked together. They would not call HAARP a Marconi array if Marconi and his associates had not influenced the design.

Who calls HAARP a Marconi array?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have met nick and he is no con man

What happened to the rules about bashing each other ?

NOT ONE of my posts contain the word SUPERCONDUCTER, please come down from your thoughts of GRANDURE and except that ANY INVENTION CAN BE COUNTER MEASURED and ANY INVENTION CAN BE A DUAL USE WEAPON.

BUY THE TRUTH AND NEVER SELL IT

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You are the one making claims. I am refuting the ones which are inaccurate. Please point out the ones which are accurate.

Tesla and Marconi worked together. They would not call HAARP a Marconi array if Marconi and his associates had not influenced the design.

Who calls HAARP a Marconi array?

HAARP calls itself a Marconi array, actually. Seriously, ARE you a shill???

______beforeitsnews/chemtrails/2011/04/haarp-constructed-by-bae-after-consolidation-with-marconi-a-subsidiary-of-general-electric-539599.h tml

HAARP: Constructed by BAE after Consolidation with Marconi, a Subsidiary of General Electric
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 15:35

BAE SYSTEMS COMPLETES WORLD’S PREMIERE FACILITY FOR IONOSPHERIC PHYSICS RESEARCH

BAE Systems is a global defense, security and aerospace company with approximately 107,000 employees worldwide. The Company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. In 2009 BAE Systems reported sales of £22.4 billion (US$ 36.2 billion).

Formerly, British Aerospace (BAe), a UK aircraft, munitions and defence-systems manufacturer. In 1999 it purchased Marconi Electronic Systems, the defence electronics and naval shipbuilding subsidiary of the General Electric Company plc, to form BAE System

27 Jun 2007 | Ref. 209/2007

GAKONA, Alaska — BAE Systems has completed work on the world’s largest and most capable ionospheric research facility. The facility will be used to study interactions between high-power radio signals and the earth's ionosphere.

As the prime contractor for the U.S. Defense Department’s High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) research station, BAE Systems designed and built the facility, operating software, and controls under a series of contracts valued at more than $250 million from the Office of Naval Research.

The research station was dedicated on June 27 in a ceremony held at the Gakona site. Construction of the station was jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.

It includes 360 radio transmitters with a combined power of 3.6 megawatts; 180, 68-foot-tall antennas covering an area of 40 acres; and five large generators providing more than 16 megawatts of power.

“HAARP is a scientific project to study the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with emphasis on using the ionosphere to improve communications and surveillance systems for civilian and defense purposes,” said Rob Jacobsen, HAARP program director for BAE Systems in Washington, D.C.

The ionosphere is the part of the atmosphere between space and the earth in which electrically charged atoms, or ions, reflect radio waves, making long-distance radio communication possible.

MARCONI ARRAY for DUMMIES (just joking -- this is about Boat antennas actually; Titanic had a Marconi array for radio purposes and it was a Dipole antenna like the ones at HAARP):

Comparison of the Dipole & Vertical HF Antennas
By David Lipscomb, eHow Contributor , last updated February 04, 2012

Dipole Options
Dipole antennas are made to rise many feet off the ground or to be simply thrown over a tree branch when made of simple wire. Many ham radio operators keep a rolled-up dipole in their field bags for quick testing on field days. Larger dipole arrays are often stacked end-to-end to increase range and bandwidth. Many installers use a ferrite bead at the point where the feedline meets the two dipolar arrays to reduce or eliminate radio frequency and/or electromagnetic interference.

Vertical HF Installation Tips
The vertical high-frequency antenna must be installed in open space as far away as possible from surrounding objects. Creative installers use a copper mesh ground cover screen perpendicular to the vertical antenna to assist in the reflective aspects of the Marconi array. Alternately, salt water can be supplied at the base to provide a conductive base.

Antenna ARRAY at HAARP:
upload.wikimedia.org...

The PERPENDICULAR, smaller antennas on the sides of each main buried Dipole antenna account for the Circular polarization possible at HAARP.

The reason people are arguing about this subject is because it's sensitive, i.e. secret, like a Nazi weapon project.
In fact the Navy and Air Force have been pretty much Nazi arms since WWII was "won"...

Project Paperclip FOR THE LOSS!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
books.google.com... &hl=en&sa=X&ei=_gp3ULD1G8jWigKo2IDADQ&ved=0CEUQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=%22marconi%20antenna%22%20haarp&f=false

Please read the following page from Google books to learn about HAARP's Marconi array.
Please please please STOP telling me that I am wrong about HAARP and just read the damn book.

Fiber Optics Illustrated Dictionary
By J.K. Petersen

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I have met nick and he is no con man
Really? You met him and that proves he is not a con man?

Begich received Doctor of Medicine (Medicina Alternitiva), honoris causa, for independent work in health and political science, from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Colombo, Sri Lanka, in November 1994.

www.earthpulse.com...

Sounds good. Lets find out something about the institution.
From 1998.

The University readily agreed to award a doctorate on Falguni Mehta soon after receiving her application and subsequently conferred it when she paid $195 as legal notarisation fee.
www.expressindia.com...

"A colleague determined that there was an 'OUI' in Sri Lanka, but it is called Open International University for complementary medicine, and it is not an accredited medical school.' For an additional fee of $400-US, outstanding students are awarded an M.D. (which is their abbreviation for Masters Degree) or other degrees such as B.Science, or extra credentials. (Parenthetical comment his.)

"We were told that 'OIU' has additional prizes such as 'the Albert Schweitzer Award and Knighthood' (for an additional fee of $400-US)." (Parenthetical comment his.)

www.chiroweb.com...

Oh my. It seems the good "doctor" may have gotten his doctorate by mail order from a known diploma mill. But he does like to put that "Dr." in front of his name, doesn't he? Begich spouts a lot of nonsense and he is a snake oil salesman.
www.earthpulse.com...#

I enjoyed that Jesse Ventura episode where he cons Ventura into thinking that he was sending auditory signals directly into his brain. Of course, it's appropriate that he was using bone conducting headphones. Not hard to fool a bonehead, but how can you take someone who would pull such a stunt seriously? How can you take anyone seriously who uses a piece of paper from a diploma mill to put a "Dr." in front of his name.

What happened to the rules about bashing each other ?

Where did I bash you?

NOT ONE of my posts contain the word SUPERCONDUCTER
Do you know what a superconductor is? Here is what you said:

The main reason for slight changes in speed of any given signal is harmonic res.all atoms, and matter in the atmoshere has an exact freq that the electrical resistance goes to zero.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How come people always FIGHT about science but never COOPERATE?

There are better ways to educate people than just saying "you're wrong, [ technical mumbo jumbo ]".

Speaking simply is a gift, according to St. Paul.

Can you do it, when you're not making fun of folks?
Explain in simple terms what HAARP is and how it functions, please.
If we are wrong about its capabilities, surely such a great mind as yours can expound it for us.

My own very simple and stupid HAARP definition:

HAARP IS:

A highly sophisticated, computer-networked-and-controlled SMART grid of Natural-Gas-Powered* DiPole Antennas, or Marconi antennas (you're right, Marconi array was an older term used in nautical science for the antenna on a boat) arrayed in a gridlike fashion. By controlling the input and directional influence of the antenna array, possible by energizing the individual antennas in a phased manner with one another, many types of beams can be projected into the atmosphere, as HAARP is a multi-functional device, capable of feats ranging from measuring small changes in the ionosphere (earthquake precursors, gamma bursts, etc.) to generating large weaponized pulses that utilize the Van Allen belts and the upper atmosphere as a conduit for a charge, like a capacitor. The resonance of the atmosphere determines the moment at which the discharge occurs. The operator must be aware of the resonant vulnerabilities of each target before HAARP is an effective weapon. Different strokes for different folks, i.e. different wavelengths for different weapons. It can also be used as an OTH (over the horizon) radar, and might even have remote sensing capabilities thanks to such ideas as "light vortex measurement", synthetic apeture radar, etc.

[ The gas is necessary because the device needs close to 1.21 Gigawatts (just like the movie about time travel LOL) of electricity to fully excite the atmospheric plasmas. ]

wikipedia: Synthetic-aperture radar (SAR) is a form of radar whose defining characteristic is its use of relative motion, between an antenna and its target region, to provide distinctive long-term coherent-signal variations, that are exploited to obtain finer spatial resolution than is possible with conventional beam-scanning means. It originated as an advanced form of side-looking airborne radar (SLAR).

SAR is usually implemented by mounting, on a moving platform such as an aircraft or spacecraft, a single beam-forming antenna from which a target scene is repeatedly illuminated with pulses of radio waves at wavelengths anywhere from a meter down to millimeters. The many echo waveforms received successively at the different antenna positions are coherently detected and stored and then post-processed together to resolve elements in an image of the target region.

Warning: some gov't disinfo in the wikipedia on HAARP, but look, BAE runs it really... and screw BAE! They are in so much trouble not even Germany will work with them now.

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1]

Built by BAE Advanced Technologies (BAEAT), its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance.[2] The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force–owned site near Gakona, Alaska.
The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high-power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde, and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993. The current working IRI was completed in 2007, and its prime contractor was BAE Systems Advanced Technologies.[1] As of 2008, HAARP had incurred around $250 million in tax-funded construction and operating costs.
HAARP has been blamed by conspiracy theorists for a range of events, including numerous natural disasters. Various scientists have commented that HAARP is an attractive target for conspiracy theorists because according to computer scientist David Naiditch, "its purpose seems deeply mysterious to the scientifically uninformed".[3]

Each antenna element consists of a crossed dipole that can be polarized for linear, ordinary mode (O-mode), or extraordinary mode (X-mode) transmission and reception.[9][10] Each part of the two section crossed dipoles are individually fed from a custom built transmitter, that has been specially designed with very low distortion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

HAARP calls itself a Marconi array, actually. Seriously, ARE you a shill???
I don't see anything there calling HAARP a Marconi array. No, I'm not a shill.

MARCONI ARRAY for DUMMIES (just joking -- this is about Boat antennas actually; Titanic had a Marconi array for radio purposes and it was a Dipole antenna like the ones at HAARP):
Your source makes the correct distinction between a dipole and a Marconi antenna, that's why the title is "Comparison of the Dipole and Vertical HF Antennas". HAARP does not use Marconi style (monopole) antennas.

The PERPENDICULAR, smaller antennas on the sides of each main buried Dipole antenna account for the Circular polarization possible at HAARP.
What's buried? What "perpendicular" antennas?

Each element making up the HAARP antenna array consists of four selectable dipole antennas (two are shown here), which are aligned very nearly north-south and east-west. The dipoles are mounted to an aluminum tower 72 feet high which is supported at its base by a passively refrigerated piling (or thermopile) for reliable and long-lasting stability in the marginal permafrost soil conditions found at the HAARP facility.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

As I said before, polarization (circular or linear) is produced by phasing of the signal to each of the dipoles.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A highly sophisticated, computer-networked-and-controlled SMART grid
Not really a smart grid. A smart grid is actually a electrical power grid. HAARP is a transmitter/antenna array but the transmitters are computer controlled.

of Natural-Gas-Powered*
It is powered by diesel generators.

Electric prime power is provided from an on-site power plant housing five, 2500 kW generators, each driven by a 3600 hp diesel engine. Four generators are required for operation of the IRI and the fifth is held as a spare.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

DiPole Antennas, or Marconi antennas (you're right, Marconi array was an older term used in nautical science for the antenna on a boat) arrayed in a gridlike fashion.
Marconi antennas are monopole antennas, not dipoles.

By controlling the input and directional influence of the antenna array, possible by energizing the individual antennas in a phased manner with one another, many types of beams can be projected into the atmosphere
Correct. More or less.

to generating large weaponized pulses that utilize the Van Allen belts and the upper atmosphere as a conduit for a charge, like a capacitor.
Nope.

It can also be used as an OTH (over the horizon) radar, and might even have remote sensing capabilities thanks to such ideas as "light vortex measurement", synthetic apeture radar, etc.
Nope. SAR? Really? HAARP is a mobile platform?

The gas is necessary because the device needs close to 1.21 Gigawatts
It requires about 10MW to drive all 180 transmitters and to supply the other power requirements for the facility.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The article by Childress states that Tesla and Marconi were friends and that Marconi was Tesla's student. This is provably false as Marconi and Tesla were on different continents in a time before wireless.

The truth is that they were competitors.

Tesla had performed some demonstrations of high frequency electrical oscillations and had observed that they could be detected at a distance and he believed that these signals were actually being transmitted through the air and the ground, like two wires, and at that time had not conceived of free-space radio waves. Much of Tesla's work (even the later work like the Wardencliffe tower) was based upon this erroneous assumption.

It is highly likely that Marconi had read about Tesla's exploits but his predominant guides in producing the first commercial radio sets were Hertz, Preece, Lodge and Branly, all of whom pre-date Tesla. Marconi's radio patents in London preceeded Tesla's radio patents in New York (although Tesla demonstrated some components well before patenting radio).

Only in America is Tesla credited with the "invention" of radio. The truth is that the foundations of radio were well established by others before either of them laid claim to the invention.

Marconi's antenna is like a less efficient version of a simple dipole antenna (it actually only half a dipole), I'm not exactly sure why you think it is significant. Its helical shape was simply an attempt to make the antenna more compact (as was using a 1/4 wave ground reflective design).

The HAARP array does produce circularly polarized signals by 'heating' existing natural plasmas in the upper layers of the atmosphere and creating helicons (very low frequency circularly polarized electromagnetic waves). Normally this is a natural process, but HAARP is designed to emulate the natural processes (in a small way) and trigger helicons so that they can be studied less randomly.

Please note that HAARP does not create the plasmas (most often seen as the auroras). It has not got the power to do so.

edit on 11/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
HAARP and SAR: (this was conducted in Fairbanks, AK)

Browse Conference Publications > Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUS ...

Mapping Ionospheric TEC using Faraday Rotation in Full- Polarimetric L-Band SAR Data

Athens/Shibboleth
This paper appears in:
Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR), 2008 7th European Conference on
Date of Conference: 2-5 June 2008
Author(s): Meyer, Franz
Alaska Satellite Facility (ASF), University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
Nicoll, Jeremy
Page(s): 1 - 4
Product Type: Conference Publications
In this paper Faraday rotation (FR) derived from full-polarimetric PALSAR data is used for showcasing the potential of L-band SAR for mapping ionospheric TEC. A FR estimation method is presented and its quality and error sources are analyzed. From the FR estimates ionospheric TEC is derived by inverting a geophysical model that relates FR to the geomagnetic field and the TEC. An error analysis is provided and confidence intervals for the processing results are calculated. Full-polarimetric PALSAR datasets are used to exemplify the robustness and sensitivity of the approach. Reference datasets are used to analyze the precision of the results.

That was about SAR and ionospheric measurement.

Same site:

Mapping aurora activity with SAR — a case study

This paper appears in:
Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium,2009 IEEE International,IGARSS 2009
Date of Conference: 12-17 July 2009
Author(s): Meyer, F.J.
Earth & Planetary Remote Sensing, Univ. of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, AK, USA
Nicoll, J. ; Bristow, B.
Volume: 4
Page(s): IV-1 - IV-4
Product Type: Conference Publications
ABSTRACT

Auroral physics is an exceedingly rich and complex subject. However, due to a lack of high resolution data of ionospheric activity during auroral events, not all phenomena in the high latitude ionosphere are fully understood. Recent research has proven that L-band SAR data is significantly affected by the ionosphere and can be used for mapping its activity. With this paper we will prove and unambiguously verify the potential of L-band SAR to capture auroral activity. We will present examples of aurora signatures mapped from ALOS PALSAR data and will verify the results from SAR with observations provided from ground based measurements.

Some people know nothing!!!!! LOL ya nothin knowers XD

oai.dtic.mil...
Accession Number : ADA548419

Title : Development of Satellite Based Sensor for Improved Measurement and Validation of Ionospheric Parameters

Descriptive Note : Annual rept.

Corporate Author : OFFICE OF NAVAL RESEARCH ARLINGTON VA

Personal Author(s) : Ganguly, Suman

PDF Url : ADA548419

Report Date : Jan 1998

Pagination or Media Count : 6

Abstract : Having ionospheric electron density distributions as a function of height, latitude, longitude and time under different conditions is essential for scientific, technical and operational purposes. A satellitebased, swept-frequency, HF sounder can obtain electron density profiles on a global scale. We are developing a new-generation HF sounder that employs recent developments in technology, electronics and processing capabilities. It will provide global-scale electron density distributions, contours of fixed densities, maps of f0F2, hmax etc. It will allow us to map irregularities, estimation anomalous propagation and conditions for ducting, determine angles of arrival, etc. It will also be able to perform various plasma diagnostics and because of new flexibility, will be programmable from the ground to perform a variety of experiments in space. Need for such a system exists throughout the DoD and several civilian agencies.

Descriptors : *ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES, *ELECTRON DENSITY, *IONOSPHERE, ANOMALIES, COMPUTER PROGRAMMING, CONTOURS, DUCTS, ELECTRONICS, ESTIMATES, GLOBAL, HEIGHT, HIGH FREQUENCY, LONGITUDE, MAPS, PLASMA DIAGNOSTICS, PROPAGATION, SCALE, SOUNDING

Subject Categories : ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
UNMANNED SPACECRAFT

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE

also:

oai.dtic.mil...

Abstract : This report provides the results of a brief study of the possible effects of ionospheric scintillation on a space-based, foliage-penetration (FOPEN), ground moving-target indication (GMTI) radar operating in the ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) band. The results of publicly available data and analyses are applied to a specific strawman FOPEN space-based radar (SBR) system operating from low-Earth orbit. Performance degradations due to ionospheric scintillation and a combination of ionospheric scintillation and internal clutter motion caused by wind are calculated for a 3 m/s target minimum detectable velocity (MDV) at 15-deg grazing, point parameters felt to be minimally acceptable for an operational system.

Heh

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

In the same way a paper aeroplane and a nuclear reactor are similar technology.

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
Obviously some posters here exist SOLELY for government damage control, character assassination, idea obliteration, and sabotage of individual thought.

Yes. Everyone you don't beieve, don't want to believe, or anyone who posts information that suggests you might be wrong.

Open your brain!

Has it never occurred to you that what others tell you might be correct and that you might be wrong?
edit on 11-10-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join