It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been thinking about HAARP recently

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And reading this has me thinking about current events:

7. Uses of the HAARP Particle Injection Device

So what can you do with a particle injector like HAARP? According to the original patent design, this device could be used to produce a thick blanket of fast particles in the region of the magnetosphere which would knock out any electronic controls on, or possibly completely destroy, any space vehicle which flew through it. This was most interesting in the 1980's when the patent was filed and even in 1990 when the US government decided to build HAARP. At that time the main nuclear threat was the USSR and any missile from Russia aimed at the US would need to pass through the magnetosphere over the north pole.

By deploying the HAARP system, no missiles from Russia would reach the US. None. Zero. And that is pretty effective! Most people think of an ICBM as a kind of big rock or arrow. You just lob it from here and it sorta lands on the target over there. Not so. An ICBM is a space vehicle. It must take off using a large booster rocket, travel at near orbital speed in the vacuum of space until it is over the target then it must re-enter the atmosphere.

To survive re-entry the missile must use one of several schemes, like retro rockets, or deploying an ablative heat shield to protect the warhead from simply burning up in the atmosphere. If the missile's computer controls are destroyed when passing through the magnetosphere then the missile will not survive re-entry and will simply burn up like a piece of space junk or a meteor. There's a good chance the missile's control systems are destroyed even before the second stage separates from the booster, thus the missile never even arrives over the target.

8. The HAARP Shield and the "Cold War"

In the 1980's and '90's a number of Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI or "Star Wars") programs were developed. All of them, which relied on shooting particle beams, lasers or anti-ballistic missiles at the target were made obsolete and useless in the early 1980's. I know, since I worked on a number of them. They all relied on knowing where the target was and then shooting something at the target. The development of non-radar-reflective paint and surfaces, or stealth technology, meant you can't tell where the target is. If you don't know where it is, how can you shoot at it? The only effective defensive shield concept was and is HAARP.

My suspicion is, the decision to build HAARP in 1990 was one of the major reasons for the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Since ALL soviet missiles would be destroyed before re-entering the atmosphere, the USSR had neither an offensive nor defensive missile weapons system, other than nuclear submarines. The US could turn on and off the HAARP shield at will, so it was almost like putting the "shields" up or down on Captain Kirk's Enterprise on the "real" Star Wars. You put the shields down to fire weapons, then put the shields back up to defend against any incoming missiles. The USSR was no longer a nuclear threat nor even a nuclear power as soon as the HAARP system was built. Bye, Bye USSR.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
HAARP is not a particle injector. While it has been shown to be able to produce particle precipitation from the magnetosphere, this indicates that the principle may be of more use in protecting satellites from solar activity (when the magnetosphere becomes highly loaded) than in damaging them.

To survive re-entry the missile must use one of several schemes, like retro rockets, or deploying an ablative heat shield to protect the warhead from simply burning up in the atmosphere.

The "B" in ICBM stands for ballistic. This means that, for all intents and purposes, once the boost phase has completed the missile simply follows the laws of physics and follows a ballistic path. There are no retro rockets, there is no "deployment" of a heat shield. There are variations such as MIRVs however a single warhead ICBM does not really have any guidance after boost. They really are just "lobbed" from here to there.

If you don't know where it is, how can you shoot at it? The only effective defensive shield concept was and is HAARP.
HAARP can affect a small region of the ionosphere above the transmitter. In doing so it can induce ELF/VLF radiation which in turn can induce particle precipitation (under favorable conditions). HAARP would not really make a very effective ICBM shield.

Any particular reason you think that the USSR could not have just as easily deployed a system like HAARP as a missile defense? They did/do have SURA, after all.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

HAARP consists of two differnt types of magnetometer (to monitor the ionosphere, receivers of low frequency electromagnetic signals), a radio transmitter (to 'heat' the atmosphere just above the antenna), a couple of radars, a digisonde, a few buildings and a power supply.

It does not inject particles.

Please identify what led you to state that it is a particle injector.

You also talked about HAARP's "original patent design" and mentioned that this patent was filed "in the 1980's".

A quick search of the United States Patent and Trademark Office fails to find any reference to "HAARP" or to "auroral" and only six references to "ionosphere" (none of which relate to HAARP, most to GPS).

HAARP is a research facility (it's in the title too) using known and already patented technologies.

While I have to take your word for it that you worked on 'a number' of SDI initiatives, I do know that it cannot have been in any sort of technical role because you seem to not be particularly well versed in science (did you do the graphic design work, perhaps?).

edit on 1/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

The 'collapse' of the Soviet Union was due to the social and economic forces that arose from the Soviet implementation of the ideology of glasnost (or openness) instituted by Mikhail Gorbachev.

To state that the Soviet Union fell because missiles that were never fired could not get through your imagined magic shield is preposterous.

Did they all gather 'round and say "Oh, our missiles don't work. Lets change our government to one more efficient in resource distribution and less oppressive to our citizens".

I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Came across this site: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Lots of "info" out there about what it might be able to do, and of course the "truth" about what it is really able to do

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
United States Patent 5,038,664
Eastlund August 13, 1991

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Method for producing a shell of relativistic particles at an altitude above the earths surface

Abstract
A method for establishing a region of a high density, high energy plasma at an altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers above the earth's surface. Circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted at a first frequency substantially parallel to an earth's magnetic field line to excite electron cyclotron resonance heating in normally occurring plasma at an altitude of at least about 250 kilometers to generate a mirror force which lifts said plasma to said altitude of at least about 1500 kilometers. Heating is continued at a second frequency to expand the plasma to the apex of said field line whereupon at least some of the plasma is trapped and oscillates between mirror points on said lines. The plasma will be contained within adjacent field lines and will drift to form a shell of relativistic particles around a portion of the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventors: Eastlund; Bernard J. (Spring, TX)
Assignee: APTI, Inc. (Washington, DC)

Appl. No.: 06/690,354
Filed: January 10, 1985

Current U.S. Class: 89/1.11 ; 376/100; 376/123; 976/DIG.427
Current International Class: F41B 6/00 (20060101); G21K 1/00 (20060101); F41B 015/00 ()
Field of Search: 376/100,123 89/1.11 361/231 342/352

References Cited [Referenced By]

U.S. Patent Documents

4042196 August 1977 Brice

Other References
"A Theoretical Study of Electron-Cyclotron Absorption in Elmo Bumpy Torus", D. B. Batchelor et al., Nuclear Fusion, vol. 20, No. 4, 1980. .
"The Radiation Belt & Magnetosphere", W. N. Hess, Blaisdell Publishing Co.; 1968, pp. 155 et sec. .
"Ionosheric Modification Theory", G. Meltz et al.; Radio Science, vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 885-888; Nov. 1974. .
"The Platteville High Power Facility", Radio Science; J. Carrdl et al.; vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 889-894, Nov. 1974. .
"Arecibo Heating Experiment", W. Gordon et al., Radio Science, vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 1041-1047, Nov. 1974. .
"Ionospheric Heating by Powerful Radiowaves", Meltz et al., Radio Science vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 1049-1063; Nov. 1974. .
"Plasma Accleration with Microwaves Near Cyclotran Resonance", Kosmahl et al., Journal of Applied Phsics; vol. 38, No. 12, Nov. 1967; pp. 4576-4582. .
"Particle Beam Weapons", J. Parmentola et al.; Scientific American; Apr. 1979, vol. 240, No. 4. .
"Controlled Thermonuclear Reactions", S. Glasstone et al.; Robert Krieger Publishing Co.; Malabar, FIA; pp. 136-145; 1960. .
"The MST Radar at Poke Flat"; Radio Science; vol. 15, No. 2; Mar.-Apr. 1980; pp. 213-223. .
"A New Mechanism for Acclerating Electrons in the Outer Ionosphere"; Journal of Geophysical Research; R. Helliwel et al., vol. 65, No. 6, Jun. 1960. .
"The Golden Book of Astronomy a Comprehensice & Prtical Survey"; S. Dunlop; Golden Press/New York; pp. 239-244..

Primary Examiner: Cangioalosi; Salvatore
Attorney, Agent or Firm: MacDonald; Roderick W.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
sorry not my words, I just pasted

busy and work and trying to get my conspiracy on as well

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

OK, I obviously didn't see that one because 1991 is not "in the 1980's".

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Not HAARP.

providing at least one source of circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation having a first frequency in the range of from about 1800 to about 3600 kHz
HAARP operates at between 2.8MHz and 10MHz, generally higher frequencies than called for in Eastlund's patent

focused so as to provide a power flux of about 0.1 to about 1 watt per square centimeter at an altitude of at least 250 km

HAARP can produce a maximum of 0.0655 microwatts at an altitude of 250km when operated at 3.6MHz. Eastlund's patent is talking about a power density more than 1 million times greater than what HAARP is capable of.

providing electromagnetic radiation having a second frequency in the range of from about 20 to 1800 kHz and different from said first frequency
HAARP operates at between 2.8MHz and 10MHz, much higher frequency that Eastlund's patent.

edit on 10/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Russia has a handy system they designed to do something similar with our jets and missiles. A variation of a plasma/particle "tornado" (think field shape), that would effectively do the very same as you portrayed. But again, the problem is/was range. I'm not making it up when I tell you that this was one of many factors for further development of kinetic weapons that did not rely upon electronics when in close range to reach thier intended Target. Referring to things like the rail gun.

They've come a ways over the years, even in deploying (unclassified or not, I don't work for Russia) airborne particle systems that they then used to blast holes & tunnels all over the countryside. Google to learn more about these holes that just stop for no reason.

Not as effective for bunker busting as they'd hoped, yet. I'll wager they stick to a lot of old tech if it came to a war with them right now.
edit on 1-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The active layer from HAARP seems only to be a radio reflection area.
Also a weak attempt at gas activation not used by Tesla who wanted to
make the skies light up for Naval navigation at night in an attempt at
collision avoidance. Considering Tesla tested his announcements there
might have been some witnesses but the Navy was not interested in
his proposals. More things we don't know as usual.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Btw, I wasn't speaking about the older scaler technology of Russian scientists in my previous post. Something altogether different.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When speaking about limits or parameters of haarp ,or any other transmiter you must consider CONTSTRUCTIVE INTERFERENCE .This eliminates long distance power loss and is hard to detect except at target area.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

This eliminates long distance power loss and is hard to detect except at target area.

No.
All it does is result in higher amplitude for a waveform. It has no effect on power density.

But it is, in fact, the use of the phased array at HAARP which allows the radiation pattern to be somewhat restrained.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I beg to differ, I am speaking of non sinewave stuctured pulses , the first at a slower rate than the second and each after a little faster , at a very finite point in space time all pulses hit each other making a pulse multiples higher in voltage as you admit, when you double voltage for any given load watts / cm will be 4 times normal!!This is how tesla blew siberia up!! reaserch; Wave front technology, scaler waves , Imagine sending 1,000,000 pulses (1 mhz ) to a small target area each only 1 watt.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

making a pulse multiples higher in voltage as you admit
There is no voltage in electromagnetic radiation. Voltage is a measure of electrical potential.

This is how tesla blew siberia up
Tesla did not blow Siberia up.

Wave front technology, scaler waves , Imagine sending 1,000,000 pulses (1 mhz ) to a small target area each only 1 watt.

Please explain what "scaler" waves are and what they have to do with radio waves.
edit on 10/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Tesla became angry with people out to profit from his invention that he said " WOULD SEND LARGE AMOUNTS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE FOR FREE AND WITH VERY LITTLE LOSS ' He found a way to send it WITHOUT SINE WAVES!! He constructed a large tower and anounced he would prove his system would electrify the world. This was the early 1900's . At the same time a large explosion rocked siberia ,it was thought to be a meteor but several expiditions by russia and others have found no impact zone and "NO PARTICLES OF A METEOR" As tesla transmited large "TIME VARIANT PULSES IN OMNYDIRECTIONAL PATTERNS".These WAVE FRONTS expanded from the tower just below the speed of light.As the "TRAIN OF PULSES ,MOVING AT PREDETERMINED SPEEDS " moved towards siberia the ionisphere kept them close to earth ,much like a parabolic reflector. As the first pulse gets close it has the shape of a doughnut geting smaller and smaller . At a very finite point all pulses "CONVERGED INTO ONE ,BEING COMPRESSED more and more.finally the air itself turned into a " TRANSDUSER" this started a very large expantion of "SUPERSONIC HEATED AIR" just like the blast wave of a nuke.This destroyed the forest and several villages.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity
reply to post by Phage

Tesla became angry with people out to profit from his invention that he said " WOULD SEND LARGE AMOUNTS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE FOR FREE AND WITH VERY LITTLE LOSS ' He found a way to send it WITHOUT SINE WAVES!! He constructed a large tower and anounced he would prove his system would electrify the world. This was the early 1900's . At the same time a large explosion rocked siberia ,it was thought to be a meteor but several expiditions by russia and others have found no impact zone and "NO PARTICLES OF A METEOR" As tesla transmited large "TIME VARIANT PULSES IN OMNYDIRECTIONAL PATTERNS".These WAVE FRONTS expanded from the tower just below the speed of light.As the "TRAIN OF PULSES ,MOVING AT PREDETERMINED SPEEDS " moved towards siberia the ionisphere kept them close to earth ,much like a parabolic reflector. As the first pulse gets close it has the shape of a doughnut geting smaller and smaller . At a very finite point all pulses "CONVERGED INTO ONE ,BEING COMPRESSED more and more.finally the air itself turned into a " TRANSDUSER" this started a very large expantion of "SUPERSONIC HEATED AIR" just like the blast wave of a nuke.This destroyed the forest and several villages.

Some good stuff in there. I wanted to share this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've actually already brought to light (or at least tried to) one of the projects using this very same method/technology as you're speaking about right here in this thread. I would have shared before but sometimes I'm not sure just how much goes over some peoples head, or is just dismissed altogether. My comment on that thread I've linked refers to bouncing the signal using the earth's fields. One of my favorite toys. It's not public though, but I'm sure after reading that you'll understand why.

Anyway, my point being that the ability is there.
Great comments, guys. I enjoy reading them all.

Have a look. Again:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was discussing a weapon design that essentially was the "end all" when activated. It stops the destruction from occurring in the first place. The only problem is that it disables not just all of our enemy's military, but ours as well.

edit: FIXED LINK. I had the wrong thread linked, prior.
edit on 7-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity
reply to post by Phage

Although wireless distribution could potentially lower the cost of power, it would not affect the cost of generation of the power.

A sufficiently large meteorite would liquify the ground where it struck and would, therefore, be unlikely to yield any "chunks" where it struck. However, the Tunguska event was probably an air detonation of the incoming meteorite (which was observed leaving a trail prior to its explosion). The observed path & burn-up of the object would strongly indicate that it was not some bizarre electromagnetic event at a static location as is proposed by the theory that the emanations from the Wardencliffe tower caused the event.

Time variant omnidirectional pulses means pulses with no repetitive oscillation (frequency) that go out in all directions (circular propagation pattern). As there is no frequency, there is no 'wave' so describing them as "wave fronts" makes no sense. Similarly, the train of pulses would have propagated circularly at below the speed of light and ALL pulses would have propagated at exactly the same speed.

The ionosphere may appear to be like a "parabolic reflector" but it is, in fact a spherical reflector. This would not have concentrated the output of the Wardencliffe tower but instead would have diffused it by a significant amount. The losses involved in the process of "reflection" of electromagnetic signals off the Ionosphere would have been phenomenal. Similarly, the inverse square law and atmospheric scattering would have introduced further losses. The "signal" would have faded after only a few miles. The diffusion and losses would mean that the signal could NEVER converge.

For air to be supersonic, it would have to be moving faster than 390.24 m/s. What is the impetus for this movement?

No villages were destroyed by the Tunguska event. It was in an exceptionally remote area.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sending from my cell so, again, please pardon the typing or spelling errors.

Originally posted by chr0naut
The ionosphere may appear to be like a "parabolic reflector" but it is, in fact a spherical reflector. This would not have concentrated the output of the Wardencliffe tower but instead would have diffused it by a significant amount. The losses involved in the process of "reflection" of electromagnetic signals off the Ionosphere would have been phenomenal. Similarly, the inverse square law and atmospheric scattering would have introduced further losses. The "signal" would have faded after only a few miles. The diffusion and losses would mean that the signal could NEVER converge.

Right you are. I know your comment was not directed directed at the results of the test I shared but I desired to share how this was overcome. A two or three stage test rocket was flown up whereupon reaching the appropriate altitude, it dispersed a mixture of particles (please, let's not get into the conspiracy aspect of these tests) which would help carry and magnify the signals and waves we desired to extend. Upon return to its desired ground Target, a second stage rocket was deployed with parachute (which was released prior to its downward propulsion and descent order) was released. After the impact crater was made and its payload of particles harmlessly dispersed around the site in the wake, the second follow-up rocket from stage two released its very short-term chute and burrowed into the center of the impact area (this was the "signal tower."

The form created an area where it could receive and later disperse or carry out what it was required to.

I don't really think this occurred in the situation you all are speaking about, I just wanted to share that when there is a way for a signal to carry, there are artificial means of creating a method capable of doing so.

We've come a long way. Anymore, when you hear about WMDs, its not talking necessarily about though using expensive, brute for tactics such as that of a nuclear warhead. Modern methods use the earth's inherit traits. Creating storm fronts from affected atmosphere, tidal waves, earthquakes, or volcanic eruptions all are capable of more damage than anything man might try to do, with the benefit being that later on, the land can be re-populated in time without fear of fallout or other older concerns of warfare. The world can already be destroyed many times over or, at least, its population decimated. Best not to scare everyone to the point of uncontrolled fear due to this knowledge, however.

This is why money is spent on targeting specific thing and covert studies so much. There are already ways to "end it all," but there would be nothing to gain from it, for anyone.

As a side note, Chr0naut, Phage, and BrianG, it's great to see you all sharing comments in a singular thread. Some of the best minds military projects-wise that we have here on ATS.
edit on 8-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join