BREAKING NEWS: NASA/NOAA Sends Geomagnetic Storm "WARNING"

page: 1
32
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: NASA/NOAA Sends Geomagnetic Storm "WARNING"


www.earthchangesmedia.com

This is the second strong warning the space and atmospheric agencies have put out for cycle 24. Several coronal mass ejections (CMEs) along with coronal hole and filament discharges have been produced over the last 72 hours. The cumulative effect of these events has caused an unexpected alert. The status of this event has been placed as a G3 'Strong' event.

Watch for extreme weather events over the next 72 hours - this would include large earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricane (water) tornado (land), and various extreme weather fluctuations.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted. didnt see it when i searched. i dont know enough about this sort of thing to know what it means, but it sounds exciting.

The FAA, US Air Force, National Security Space Office and National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee and a number of other agencies have been put on alert. and the extreme weather statement sounds intense.

www.earthchangesmedia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up. First Ive heard of this news. The end of this year is going to be interesting to say the least.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289
 


Interestingly enough, I slept late today and woke up to tornado warnings here. (Georgia). Whether or not this is correlative I don't know. But interesting.

S&F

~Heff


+22 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289
 

Geomagnetic storming reached G3 levels and subsided about 15 hours ago.
Geomagnetic activity does not cause earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, or any other weather fluctuations.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


aw, thats not fun. then why do they put it on there?! just to get people like me all excited for nothing?!


+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jassie51289
 

Geomagnetic storming reached G3 levels and subsided about 15 hours ago.
Geomagnetic activity does not cause earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, or any other weather fluctuations.


How about headaches, stomach aches, flatulence, vomiting or any other bodily fluctuations?
edit on 1-10-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


what grade would it take to cause that or has it got didily squat to do these storms??



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Operator of website seems qualified...


Education:

· M.S. in Psychology w/ special studies in Cognitive, Behavioral and Existentialism

· N.A.D.A. Certified Acupuncturist, Specializing in Anxiety, Stress and Addiction

· Certified Trauma Resolution Therapist

· Member of the Red Cross Disaster Team - mental health unit

· Field Trainer with the King County Emergency Management Office

· Dual Diagnosis/Chemical Dependency Specialist

· Chief Editor of "Earth News" Newsletter

· Producer of "Earth Changes TV"

· Author of “Solar Rain” and “Cosmic Rain”



From source...Maybe not?
(sarcasm)

edit on 1-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)
edit on 1-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)


+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm
 

Only from hearing people talk about geomagnetic activity causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, or any other weather fluctuations.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289
 


hardly something to be excited about. unless animals and humans arent effected i suppose



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerseychannelislands
 

Diddly squat.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289
 


Nonsense- Hurricanes do not just pop up out of nowhere. These storms take days to develope. No solar flairs are going to affect the developement of hurricanes.
Next= Some strong explaining is needed to connect solar flairs with volcanos or earthquakes. I do not see a corrolation there.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs
 


Operator of website seems qualified

Why? I see nothing there about knowing anything about space weather.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You all might want to actually go to the NOAA/NWS web site and take a look for yourselves.

There is currently a WATCH in effect (not warning), for G1 and G2 (No G3) and will be ending soon. Other WARNINGS were in effect earlier today, but have since ended.

Here's some links so you can see for yourself:

NOAA/NWS Graphical Warnings Timeline, October 2012

NOAA/NWS Text Based Warnings, Octorber, 2012



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Speaking for myself (locally) we've had some amazing weather leading up into October.

It has been consistently warm here in the low-mid 70's for the past couple of weeks.

Suddenly I look at the weather for this week and it's supposed to drop like a stone. Today is overcast and chilly, with lows expected at -2 on Wednesday. Not all that unusual for this time of year but odd that it turned pretty much on a dime.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Operator of website seems qualified...


Education:

· M.S. in Psychology w/ special studies in Cognitive, Behavioral and Existentialism

· N.A.D.A. Certified Acupuncturist, Specializing in Anxiety, Stress and Addiction

· Certified Trauma Resolution Therapist

· Member of the Red Cross Disaster Team - mental health unit

· Field Trainer with the King County Emergency Management Office

· Dual Diagnosis/Chemical Dependency Specialist

· Chief Editor of "Earth News" Newsletter

· Producer of "Earth Changes TV"

· Author of “Solar Rain” and “Cosmic Rain”



From source...Maybe not?


edit on 1-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)


I really don't see anything there that makes this person "qualified" in solar dynamics or any other type of expertise in studying the sun or stars or, really, any type of space expertise whatsoever. This person seems to have some medical type of qualifications, but that's about it.

Edited to add: Oops - Phage beat me to it.
edit on 1-10-2012 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ya family had a Bon fire last night
around 1:00 pm the show really got going they were right over our head
at one point we could see like three ribon of light moving but seen better
this was a 6 out of 10 but still good.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jassie51289
 

Geomagnetic storming reached G3 levels and subsided about 15 hours ago.
Geomagnetic activity does not cause earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, tornadoes, or any other weather fluctuations.


Thanks for this. I just didnt see any connection either.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Speaking for myself (locally) we've had some amazing weather leading up into October.

It has been consistently warm here in the low-mid 70's for the past couple of weeks.

Suddenly I look at the weather for this week and it's supposed to drop like a stone. Today is overcast and chilly, with lows expected at -2 on Wednesday. Not all that unusual for this time of year but odd that it turned pretty much on a dime.



And so what is so unusual about that? Weather changes on a dime here too. We get extremes in every season and so can have very cool temps in the summer and very warm temps in the winter. There is nothing odd about it. Certainly nothin ominous about it.





new topics
top topics
 
32
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join