Democratic Myth No. 2: Those who have done well should pay their fair share

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by campanionator

Exactly why I think millionaires and billionaires should pay more, they got a break for decade,
break is over.

Cool.

I suggest you talk to ALL of Congress, and have them pay first.

I will, I'll kick them in the nuts!

Then they will pay and rainbows will fly out of their mouths

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo pretending to not know what the military industrial complex was again. It's very clear, go listen to Eisenhower's speech.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Unlike some I don't need wikipedia to tell me what to think or other people..

Eisenhowers full speech:

coursesa.matrix.msu.edu...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Now the government comes along and says "Bad news folks, budget fell short. We need people to pitch in a bit more to right the ship - the ship we are ALL sailing in!" and you say "Go bug Heff, he only paid one tenth what I did.

I think this is the root of it all...

"Bad news folks, budget fell short" should end in less spending so it does not fall short. You are right in that the middle class can't pay more, AND NO ONE IS SUGGESTING THEY DO!!! I would add in the poor too but they don't pay federal income taxes anyways..

Obama is saying the upper middle and rich need to pay more...and more...and more. Where do we stop when the upper middle class can't pay more too and the rich don't have enough money to pay even 90% of their earnings to make a difference?

THAT IS THE POINT HERE

Oh BTW the poor are also taxed more, but they are too ignorant to notice and will vote for Obama anyways... Sin tax will hit the poor more than any other class...

edit on 2-10-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, I've heard it multiple time. The full speech enforces what he is talking about. Why don't you read it? Oh you hate facts.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

Still don't get it? It is more than clear, if you can't understand common English then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Yeah, nice try. I'm a web designer. I'm sorry I don't have PTSD an on social security like you.

What are you actually trying to say ?

You can work if you have PTSD, and if you are on Social security.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Serving in the military isn’t killing kids!

You must have heard some BAD recruiter stories!

You don’t get paid for that!

I spent 28 years in the military and none of these guys ask me how many lives I saved...(non-american lives)

In just two missions of many I spent 6 months dropping food and medical supplies to the Kurds and another 6 plus months of my life getting food and medical supplies to Somalians. Two of 100s of missions but these took a year of my life living in some really nastily hell holes to do it all.

So many people have no clue to what the Evil military actually does most of the time.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Its not about the lives you saved. Its about the lives you took.

Unfortunately, that's what many want to hang those in the Military for. Even if you never took a life.

Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I spent 28 years in the military and none of these guys ask me how many lives I saved...(non-american lives)

I try to let these stupid comments slide and make light of them. If I didn't I'd lose my mind. 

In just two missions of many I spent 6 months dropping food and medical supplies to the Kurds and another 6 plus months of my life getting food and medical supplies to Somalians. Two of 100s of missions but these took a year of my life living in some really nastily hell holes to do it all.

According to some people your service (and mine) was simply serving TPTB, killing innocent people, and bleeding the country of tax dollars. Ignorance is bliss. 

So many people have no clue to what the Evil military actually does most of the time.

Nor do they care to know; it doesn't fit their agenda. It's more noble to design websites for TPTB than give up your freedom and put your rear on the line in service of others (for the greater good). 

Meh.....

F'em - I'd do it again tomorrow. No regrets here!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Remember when Obama was first sworn into office and the first thing he did was appoint people to various cabinet posts (like any other president before him) but the one thing he didnt count that I know of is that all of his appointees never bothered to pay their taxes!! Yet they expect the little guy making $9 an hour to pay his fair share....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Let's put this very simply. While the top earners in this country pay the biggest part of the federal tax burden, that happens for a reason. They. Made. More. Money. If you want a good economy, you have to make sure that the companies that are producing the goods and services have customers. The wider the customer base the more potential for higher profits. When people feel like they can afford to pay their bills, put some money away for a rainy day, and do some of the things that they want to in their free time, they feel confident in making unplanned purchases which is the whole point of advertisement. That isn't happening right now for the majority of people and that is at the heart and soul if and when our economy is going to recover. Asking for more from the ones who are more financially secure than their FELLOW Americans is the most logical answer. Its not like we are at peace, have a budget surplus, and are asking for more money just to feel even better. Some of this money goes to programs that are helping people that never thought they would need them. There are real people out here struggling to survive because the companies they thought they were going to retire with have closed. The skills are outdated and while school is a great option, they still have to find a way to feed themselves and possibly a family. The Tax code needs to be given a full overhaul but in the meantime we need more efficient spending and more revenue to get us through the current economic conditions and then we can focus scaling down government.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
No one should pay income tax. It's a tool of the wealthy to keep people enslaved to debt, to create a serfdom where you can't own property without needing cash (debt) to pay tax on your property.

This country fought a war of independence to escape taxes. Income taxes were unconstitutional due Article 1, section 9 "(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.) ", then Income tax became law in 1913 when the 16th Amendment was ratified "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.". Shortly afterwards the Central bank was formed in 1914 by the uber-wealthy of the time; Rockefeller, Rothchild, JP Morgan, etc.. Apparently the same gang that urged Congress from 1909-1913 to undermine the constitution with the 16th amendment.

The central bank prints shares, the value is backed by the taxpayer. The faster the central bank prints money, the faster it dilutes the value of money. Cash as recently as 2000 was worth 30% more than the same amount today. Did your taxes go up 30%? Inflation is a far greater tax and insidious tax than your tax rate. Due to inflation, the original principal can never be repaid which leads some to speculate the Federal Reserve owns the Federal Government.

More money printed can create a few more jobs, but it also makes life harder on those who spend all their money on survival. Food, clothing, fuel, all become more expensive as more money is printed. Those who spend a fraction of their money on necessities have plenty to invest in non-cash investments. The rest of us have lives based on cash, which is a horrible investment.

Don't blame a tax gap for the widening gap between the rich and the poor. Blame money printing and the rising costs of necessities. Blame the current administration who continues the recent inherited policies of flooding banks with cash, which dilutes the value of the money you bring home and what you managed to save.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The only 'fair share' tax is a flat tax that EVERYONE pays the same percent.
10% from everyone ... from the uber-rich down to the poor. 10% from everyone.
AND cut government spending and government 'aid' to foreign countries.

If the government spent better, they wouldn't be having to steal our money under the
guise of 'everyone pay their fair share' rhetoric crap.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
We're discussing paying back a debt that was designed so that it never could be repaid. When the Federal Reserve loans the government money it adds interest to the interest we already "owe".

And I suppose the bailouts and TARP were not programs to benefit the rich either.
All that money went to the "po folks"

So even if the proposition that the rich pay more in taxes were true they get the money right back from the government. Yes, they "vote: to give themselves more.

There's a reason the rich get richer while the poor get poorer and it's not intelligence or a work ethic that has made things that way. Entitlements help keep class tensions high by pitting the middle class against the poor. Great system they set up for themselves.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
We don’t have a tax problem….we have a spending problem.
S&F

The only real wrong spending is the US military.
When tax money goes to such things as kids and medicine, it's investing.
But USA does have a tax problem.
Why do those who do real work pay higher taxes than those who automatically get more money by simply owning money? This tax problem is an attitude problem.

And it's not about a magic %. On one side of it, it's unfair - on the other side, fair. It's about how those that have next to nothing after living costs and taxes are suppose to pay for things they never enjoy - like the US army.
In Iraq we saw the shareholders getting US tax $ thru Hailburton and what not.
Robin Hood but the opposite.
USA is a welfare starte for the rich. Sure, cut taxes. But only for those that make the least money.
The owners MUST pay more taxes!
And make sure the average american get to enjoy the effects of taxes. Don't feed corporations with tax dollars.
So up with taxes for all those that are rich, all those that make much money, all those that make money by owning it. Cut taxes for the working man.
Stop wasting money on your military and start investing in people, the future.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
People really do need to understand what regulation is-sanctions that is an accepted form of economic warfare, and the largest creator of wealth disparity that is the talking point for some.

We have all seen how well sanctions have worked, we have all see how well regulation has worked even tho most will never admit it.

Regulation/sanctions are designed to break the back of the economy even tho they are spun differently they both have the same outcome.

The both stifle growth, and productivity, that create jobs,that also create wealth, that in turn create tax revenue to the point of the current state of the union.

There are more people consuming the wealth of others than generating their own that makes them dependent upon government.

That same government who is currently regulating/sanctioning the American citizen and what is the new talking point?

The rich should pay their fair share which means more sanctioning that has the opposite effect of the intended purpose.

I really do wish people would wake up to the fact of what regulation is-------sanctions.
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

you mean the regulation for paying workers overtime?? or workplace safety rules that don't kill workers??...or regulations that make it so you can't force a worker to work for slave wages?....please look at the reasons why unions were created in the first place. company owners hired goons to beat (sometimes to death) the organizers...don't think so?...it's all in the history books...and that's what business is trying to go back to.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

it's ironic that in 8 years with tax cuts and two wars that Obama still managed to spend more in 3 years.(o yeah and still kept those horrible bush tax cuts flowing.)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjacks89
reply to post by campanionator

it's ironic that in 8 years with tax cuts and two wars that Obama still managed to spend more in 3 years.(o yeah and still kept those horrible bush tax cuts flowing.)

yeah..it's like our economy went through some type of huge economic downturn or something...geez...go figure...

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join