Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Democratic Myth No. 2: Those who have done well should pay their fair share

page: 4
13
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Uh, are you comparing an oil spill to the legal dumping of chemicals/waste into a river at large amounts on a daily business?

edit on 2-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



He doesn't even work


You don’t even know what capital gains taxes are!!!


Get informed before you chime in, dude! You are hurting your own argument the more you speak!



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 



The military personnel are not on welfare.


Yes they sure are.


Get ready to defend those comments !!!


I'll defend them all day long, I don't care. I'm sick of military industrial complex minions complaining about people on social programs when they are on one of the largest. I cannot stand military minions with a superiority complex. They are one of the main reasons the USA has so much debt. They're mindless drones who cannot think for themselves and blindly follow orders. If you wouldn't listen there wouldn't have been a war in Afghanistan or Iraq.
edit on 2-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 



Nope. You stole tax money in order to serve the military industrial complex. You took part in the re-distribution of wealth. You are a traitor communist welfare king.


I’ve never stolen a thing, dude! I was paid for work; work you're scared to do.



You were fighting for fascism. Which is deplorable that you took place in such a thing....but yeah, I hope most people fear fascism and decline to fight for it.


What do you think Obama brings if not fascism?? Not only did he sign the Bush tax cuts and Bush’s Patriot Act but he also added NDAA, SOPA, ACTAA, Obamacare, etc…




Actually people sitting around waiting for government cheese are better than you. They don't participate in potentially killing people as a job.


By whose distorted standards? What European socialist country are you from to say that?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



He doesn't even work


You don’t even know what capital gains taxes are!!!


Get informed before you chime in, dude! You are hurting your own argument the more you speak!




So sitting around and endorsing dividend checks is considered work these days?

Poor Mitt, thanks god you work for him for free, what would he do?

(Maybe he can get you to endorse his checks for him?)



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96
 


Uh, are you comparing an oil spill to the legal dumping of chemicals/waste into a river at large amounts on a daily business?

edit on 2-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Is there a point beyond the typical daily anti corporate rant?

The only thing regulation has done has outsourced pollution to places like China and India so how are regulations good agian?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96
 


Uh, are you comparing an oil spill to the legal dumping of chemicals/waste into a river at large amounts on a daily business?

edit on 2-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Is there a point beyond the typical daily anti corporate rant?

The only thing regulation has done has outsourced pollution to places like China and India so how are regulations good agian?


Maybe we should insource the pollution to your yard?

Do you understand what pollution is, why would you want that here?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 



Is there a point beyond the typical daily anti corporate rant?


I'm sorry you hate reality.


The only thing regulation has done has outsourced pollution to places like China and India so how are regulations good agian?


Uhmmm, because our environment isn't totally destroyed. Do all you care about is corporate profits?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



So sitting around and endorsing dividend checks is considered work these days?


So you don’t know what capital gains are?




Poor Mitt, thanks god you work for him for free, what would he do?

(Maybe he can get you to endorse his checks for him?)


I’ve never worked for free nor have I accepted money for nothing!


Maybe Mittens can get you a good paying job so you stop hating on capitalism?



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Nice strawman there.

Carry on with adding more myths in this thread.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


WOW !!!

Get ready to defend those comments !!!

The military personnel are not on welfare.



2 key differences:

They actually work for their money
They actually pay income taxes

Unlike those other things they support.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



So sitting around and endorsing dividend checks is considered work these days?


So you don’t know what capital gains are?




Poor Mitt, thanks god you work for him for free, what would he do?

(Maybe he can get you to endorse his checks for him?)


I’ve never worked for free nor have I accepted money for nothing!


Maybe Mittens can get you a good paying job so you stop hating on capitalism?



Uh ya I do.

I have worked for free many times, that is the only way I can be charitable at present.

I'm gonna make a whole lot more money than you ever will.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Yes, pollution is a myth. The Cuyahoga river was never polluted so much that it caught on fire. Environment regulations didn't vastly improve the quality of the water. HISTORY BOOKS AND MY EYES ARE LYING seeing as I live by it.


YOU are the one peddling myths. All you do is lie and present falsehood after falsehood.

If you hate regulation so bad let DOW dump their chemical waste in your backyard. See how awesome that'll be! LIBERTARIAN UTOPIA FTW.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Some people really do need to stop using phrases they do not understand in this case "the miltiary industrial complex.


Ike coined the term in his 1961 farewell address to the nation, but with a very different purpose. He warned about the potential influence of a large complex, but his larger point—elaborated below—was that America was “compelled” to maintain an extensive, effective standing armaments industry. Critics forget that part.



A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.


www.airforce-magazine.com...

The personal attacks on Seabag need to cease they do not add anything of value to this conversation.

Dispelling another Democratic myth.

Thanks.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is democratic myth number one that the majority is always wisest?

I doubt that any voter has enough information to vote on any proactive program.

Democracy is supposed to be a veto, as in "No -- You can't do that ruling class!"

Voters should never vote for a goverment or governance program because there is no way for the average person to know what it is really about.

Smallest government is best goverment.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
edit on 2-10-2012 by neo96 because: Meh I say again meh.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator


I wonder how much you get paid to carry water for the elites who just robbed your country blind
four years ago?




Are we talking before or after, Clinton granted China Most favoured nation status, reversing his Campaign Pledge, and THINKING China would fix its abusive human rights record? You see, you have to go back even further, to actually see the destabilization of America. It was both Parties of elites, that ran this Country, and that set us on the road to destabilization, and debt. Its Ironic though, that each President, has went against any principles a real human being, should have, and has systematically sold EVERYONE down the river, of greed. If paying your share means robbing you blind, The Democrats are in collusion with Republicans on it, but love to play the role of the Party of the People. Like they really care...................






posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by campanionator


I wonder how much you get paid to carry water for the elites who just robbed your country blind
four years ago?




Are we talking before or after, Clinton granted China Most favoured nation status, reversing his Campaign Pledge, and THINKING China would fix its abusive human rights record? You see, you have to go back even further, to actually see the destabilization of America. It was both Parties of elites, that ran this Country, and that set us on the road to destabilization, and debt. Its Ironic though, that each President, has went against any principles a real human being, should have, and has systematically sold EVERYONE down the river, of greed. If paying your share means robbing you blind, The Democrats are in collusion with Republicans on it, but love to play the role of the Party of the People. Like they really care...................





Exactly why I think millionaires and billionaires should pay more, they got a break for decade,
break is over.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator


Exactly why I think millionaires and billionaires should pay more, they got a break for decade,
break is over.



Cool.

I suggest you talk to ALL of Congress, and have them pay first.






top topics



 
13
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution