Democratic Myth No. 2: Those who have done well should pay their fair share

page: 3
13
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



I wonder how much you get paid to carry water for the elites who just robbed your country blind four years ago?



I bet a LOT OF PEOPLE wonder what it’s like to carry your own water. I’ll tell you….its been tuff! I feel better carrying my own water than someone else’s. By the way, how does that feel?



This country had a 90% tax and we did just fine, it is 45% lower so spare me the melodrama


90%??


How do you hold your head high while you admittedly pay NO TAXES and call for more of MY MONEY? Is that the American dream????? My Money?????


edit on 1-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



I wonder how much you get paid to carry water for the elites who just robbed your country blind four years ago?



I bet a LOT OF PEOPLE wonder what it’s like to carry your own water. I’ll tell you….its been tuff! I feel better carrying my own water than someone else’s. By the way, how does that feel?



This country had a 90% tax and we did just fine, it is 45% lower so spare me the melodrama


90%??


How do you hole your head high while you admittedly pay NO TAXES and call for more of MY MONEY? Is that the American dream????? My Money?????


So you are a billionaire
???

I want the filthy rich to pay more into the system, they have gotten a break for the last decade.

I think you should pay the same.
edit on 1-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



So you are a billionaire???


Nope….never met one.



I want the filthy rich to pay more into the system, they have gotten a break for the last decade.


They already pay most while you pay nothing. Who are you to demand more?



I think you should pay the same.


I already pay more than you…..I think YOU should pay the same as ME! When do I get MINE???



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
When do I get MINE???
I , and others, have already taken care of you.

I paid for your World Tour while you were in the Military, Remember, when you were part of Romney's 47%.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



I , and others, have already taken care of you.

I paid for your World Tour while you were in the Military, Remember, when you were part of Romney's 47%.


My service to my country?

That’s not charity, friend!! I earned it!



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Like many I agree we have more of a spending problem then a taxing problem. I'm not talking about spending of welfare programs for those most needy either. I'm talking about huge government contracts given to huge multi national corporations where these corporations get incredibly rich from these continual contracts. Does the public benefit to some extent, sure. Does the common person get a job from it, sure. The biggest problem is the disparity between classes. The rich keep getting richer, they use their riches to influence government decisions, fund elections, while the lower and middle class gets left out of the equation. That is the problem, but it is by no means the solution. We can't stop giving out government contracts, but we can start looking at those contracts, and giving contracts only to corporations that have more of an equal pay scheme in their companies. Where those companies that benefit from our tax dollars are giving a majority of it back to the people who do the work.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

My service to my country?

That’s not charity, friend!! I earned it!

Ah, I see.

So you were Entitled to it.


I thought you were against Entitlements, OR just Entitlements for others you don't like?



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 





posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



So you are a billionaire???


Nope….never met one.



I want the filthy rich to pay more into the system, they have gotten a break for the last decade.


They already pay most while you pay nothing. Who are you to demand more?



I think you should pay the same.


I already pay more than you…..I think YOU should pay the same as ME! When do I get MINE???



What makes you think I pay nothing?

I don't make a lot, but I never get back more than 50% that is deducted ~

I am talking about the wealthy, why don't you complain to Mitt Romney who pays 14%


Or corporations that pay next to nothing.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96
 


'

That is neat and all, but it requires reading



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


The wealthy should pay the same percentage as the middle class. How is it fair that the middle class is taxed on 100% of their income when the wealthy is only taxed a portion of their wealth. Like SS they are only taxed up to 107K if they make millions a year why shouldn't they be taxed on all of it?

I'm sure the rich would love your proposals, but the Democrats would call you a traitor, a 1%er and a bunch of unprintable things. The rich would love to pay the same per centage as the middle class.

Here's something I posted elsewhere:

There is an interesting article and accompanying charts at www.taxpolicycenter.org...
It includes the payroll taxes you mentioned, indeed, it claims to deal with all federal taxes.


Taxes and the Poor: How does the federal tax system affect low-income households?

Low-income households pay relatively low federal taxes, primarily because tax credits reduce or eliminate their income tax liability, and some (called refundable credits) result in net payments to them. Stimulus measures enacted to offset the adverse effects of the 2008-09 recession further reduced the tax-burden on these families. In 2011, tax units in the lowest income quintile (that is, the 20 percent of all tax units with the lowest incomes) on average paid federal income, payroll, and es-tate taxes equal to 0.8 percent of their cash income, less than a twentieth of the 18.1 percent average effective tax rate for all tax units (see table).

The table shows that the lowest 20% of income earners, have an effective tax rate of 0.8%. The next 20% pay 5.7%, the middle 20% pay 12.4%, the next pay 16.4%, and the top 20% pay 23.1% The top 1% pay 30.8%.

Now, I admit I didn't look at State taxes. But, at least at the federal level, the rich do pay much more in taxes.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Ah, I see.

So you were Entitled to it.

I thought you were against Entitlements, OR just Entitlements for others you don't like?


Are you kidding?

Serving in the military rates a PAYCHECK. I worked for mine…..and it was a paycheck for fighting what most people fear. Are you trying to equate working for a paycheck to sitting on your arse waiting for gubment cheese?


Watch out…..it might snap…..you’re stretching it too far.



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



I am talking about the wealthy, why don't you complain to Mitt Romney who pays 14%


He pays 14% on capital gains tax….not payroll tax. Capital gains happen when you invest money that has already BEEN TAXED at the standard rate (his was likely 50%).

You must first understand the system before you criticize it.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Ah, I see.

So you were Entitled to it.

I thought you were against Entitlements, OR just Entitlements for others you don't like?


Are you kidding?

Serving in the military rates a PAYCHECK. I worked for mine…..and it was a paycheck for fighting what most people fear. Are you trying to equate working for a paycheck to sitting on your arse waiting for gubment cheese?


Watch out…..it might snap…..you’re stretching it too far.





You fight FOR the government

The irony in that one is pretty amazing!

You also fight and die so companies can sell their bombs, weapons, supplies and oil which you pay for
via YOUR taxes, then they shift their tax burden onto the grunts like you


Then in your spare time, you sit of ATS to defend their right to make you foot their bill.

You are a smart man!



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 



Serving in the military rates a PAYCHECK. I worked for mine


Nope. You stole tax money in order to serve the military industrial complex. You took part in the re-distribution of wealth. You are a traitor communist welfare king.


and it was a paycheck for fighting what most people fear.


You were fighting for fascism. Which is deplorable that you took place in such a thing....but yeah, I hope most people fear fascism and decline to fight for it.


. Are you trying to equate working for a paycheck to sitting on your arse waiting for gubment cheese?


Actually people sitting around waiting for government cheese are better than you. They don't participate in potentially killing people as a job.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Living in a cave during the BP spill,Exxon all happened with regulation.?

Nice fear mongering there.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



I am talking about the wealthy, why don't you complain to Mitt Romney who pays 14%


He pays 14% on capital gains tax….not payroll tax. Capital gains happen when you invest money that has already BEEN TAXED at the standard rate (his was likely 50%).

You must first understand the system before you criticize it.



He doesn't even work


and it is likely that the majority of his money was never taxed at the payroll rate and he probably wrote
off most if not ALL of his liability.

edit on 2-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


WOW !!!

Get ready to defend those comments !!!

The military personnel are not on welfare.



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator
 



You fight FOR the government

The irony in that one is pretty amazing!


What do you know? I served/fought/fight for my country, not my gubment. I enlisted when Clinton was POTUS.




You also fight and die so companies can sell their bombs, weapons, supplies and oil which you pay for via YOUR taxes, then they shift their tax burden onto the grunts like you

Then in your spare time, you sit of ATS to defend their right to make you foot their bill.

You are a smart man!


You know not what you claim….

You probably don’t know someone who served their country. How would you know the reasoning beneath the decision?

Meh…



posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by campanionator
 



You fight FOR the government

The irony in that one is pretty amazing!


What do you know? I served/fought/fight for my country, not my gubment. I enlisted when Clinton was POTUS.




You also fight and die so companies can sell their bombs, weapons, supplies and oil which you pay for via YOUR taxes, then they shift their tax burden onto the grunts like you

Then in your spare time, you sit of ATS to defend their right to make you foot their bill.

You are a smart man!


You know not what you claim….

You probably don’t know someone who served their country. How would you know the reasoning beneath the decision?

Meh…




I have no problem with you service in the military, I have a problem with your service
to the Elites here on ATS.





top topics
 
13
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join