It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Get Splashed By Water, Punches Innocent Woman In The Face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

She throws water first, but none of the officers react. The second person, off to the side, throws water, and the cop then turns to hit her in response. The reaction, itself, was likely her fault for being there and throwing water in the first place. The cop, on the other hand, had no cause to then hit her, as I detailed above. There wasn't even any cause to arrest her, as there was no assault, though she was obviously willing to be somewhat confrontational.

All things considered, the cop is still guilty of battery.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

You can't convince me that it's water in the canister which is sprayed. It's not an open bottle. It has a nozzle at the top for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

My assumption was it was water because that's what the other person threw. Regardless, it doesn't matter, because the officers didn't react to whatever she threw/sprayed. The reaction was to the water thrown by another person.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

She throws water first, but none of the officers react.

I don't think she throws anything. She has a water bottle in her right arm and is indeed protesting, whatever it was that was going on, by raising her left hand and shouting but I don't see anything leaving or coming from it in the first second of the video.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The spray from whatever she's holding is clear in HD.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Watch in HD. Her hand motions twice. The second time there is a spray towards the officers. It could just be a bottled water with a nozzle on the end, but the point is we just don't know. It would be rather dumb for it to be anything else and her not be bolting, though.

reply to post by CLPrime

Continuing to entertain the notion that it was something like pepper spray, it would take a couple of seconds to feel the burn and react. Water is just water. Nothing to deck a chick over.
edit on 1-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes I see now that at first she is spraying/throwing something but my point still stands that it could have been handled better, respect gets you respect. This just makes officers look bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

The spray from whatever she's holding is clear in HD.

OK I see it know. It looks like silly string and it doesn't really land on anyone. It seems to be carried to the left of the cops by the wind. I guess they were at the PR pride parade or something like that.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Continuing to entertain the notion that it was something like pepper spray, it would take a couple of seconds to feel the burn and react.

They do seem to be reacting to the water, though. And they turn in the direction from which the water is thrown.

Water is just water. Nothing to deck a chick over.

Agreed. Of course, I don't believe that anything is any reason to deck anyone over, ever...but that's just a personal stance.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by 00nunya00

Opinions based off a 30 second clip are irrelevant considering no one knows what was going on before or after.

Anyone who isn't bashing the cops is "irrelevant" because it does not fit in the the anti-cop agenda which is prevalent on this site.

I am so freaking done with you people and your baseless defense of CRIME by police officers. It does not have to be a 5 minute clip. The officer IN CHARGE turns around after being splashed and PUNCHES a woman closed fist that was not resisting. PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD.

How hard is this? That was ASSAULT plain and simple. If you want to punch someone that throws water in your face you will be arrested for assault as well. If you are the officer in charge and do it - well "we don't know what was happening before that, she deserved it even if she wasn't the one that threw it, and we're just cop bashing."

COPS HAVE TO OBEY THE LAW

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well we do know one thing for certain... nobody in that crowd would have dared to throw water again after that cop laid the smack down on that woman. He handled business.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I am so freaking done with you people and your baseless defense of CRIME by police officers.

I am tired of you people and your a person can treat another person any way they want to but the other person has to sit down and take it crap.

I'm sorry, but throwing water on a person is crap and shouldn't be allowed in a civilized society.

It could be something like acid or mixed in with AIDs infected blood.

You just don't know what is in the liquid that the person threw.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Are you even watching the same video?!?! Wow!!

She clearly didn't throw the water and was actually splashed herself. That pig saw an easy score and got his rocks off by SUCKER PUNCHING a girl that was walking away from him. What a friggin pucee. I would hate to see the day these pukes stand before their ultimate judge.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I agree the lady deserved it.

Should not be throwing urine on people.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
According to NBC 10:

Officials say Guzman was spraying silly string at officers involved in a traffic stop.

Of course that is not what caused the cop to turn and charge but they had to say something.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder how people would think if this was a member of the public punching a cop in the face because the cop threw 'potential killer liquid' (you can make anything into a deadly weapon with words) on him.

There are two wrongs here, the people throwing water and the cop assaulting a women. neither were in the right, but it does not justify the reaction. in fact the reaction of the cop was much worse, he caused damage and drew blood. all he had to do was arrest her, there was no need for the assault on top, that was just to make himself feel better.

There is also no indication they were spraying dangerous chemicals, it could easily of been a bit of water, I have no reason to believe it wasn't water.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Woman throws water at a cop,

Cop hits her.

Woman gets hauled off carrying a Cuban flag.

Hmmm tough call since there is only 35 second video clip.

Want to talk about being judge,juror, and executioner :

Evil cop hits woman!!!

I pass on the condemnation.
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I've seen some real asinine posts from you in the past but this is just ridiculous.

The woman who was hit by that officer did not throw the water. Why defend random assault by police?

A lot of your previous posts make a lot more sense now

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why punch her? Why not put her hands behind her back and just arrest her?

You can not justify this at all.

People like you are the ones constantly advocating for cops, looking the other way at police brutality. [snipped]

edit on Mon Oct 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It's already justified by the person's action.

And why arrest her when all that will do is just cause unnecessary paperwork.

It is you who can not claim that the cop can not defend himself with this means.

If it was the woman who threw the water at him, which it wasn't.The cop hit the wrong person so he should be held accountable for that.

At this point iIcan't convince you how wrong you are and you won't be able to convince me anything other than how wrong you are.

So we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
edit on 1-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join