It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Get Splashed By Water, Punches Innocent Woman In The Face

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by daskakik

So what? Now all you're doing is beating a dead horse. My mistake does not take away from my point which is what you're really trying to do by repeating the same thing over and over again.

Throwing water or any other drink on someone on purpose is a punchable offense.

But she didn't throw the water. Here is a screen shot:

So she didn't deserve the punch.
edit on 1-10-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Pay the dollar !

I can't remember the last time I was really hurt when someone threw water on me. Geez !

But I bet it would set you off wouldn't it ?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Throwing water on someone may be a punchable offense for some people but seriously this guy is a cop, if they want respect they should react in a respectable manner. This is why so many cops catch crap for other cops mistakes.

His back was turned, he had no idea who did it. He is an officer he could have easily asked witnesses who had done it or asked her to stop and then grab her or point a taser/pepper spray and repeat the command but no, he punches the first civilian he sees.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Well excuse me Puerto Rican flag sorry I am not perfect like everyone else is.

Evil cop
Evil cop!!

That should make everyone happy.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

No, I'm not trolling. I just didn't see that the officer punched the wrong person.

You people are trolling me because I have an unpopular opinion.

I still stand by that opinion and always will.

The officer made a mistake and should be held accountable for it.

If he would've punched the right person I still would've supported it.

All you people had to say was the officer punched the wrong person because I didn't see it at first. Instead you people insulted and berated me because I had an unpopular opinion.

One which I still stand by.

If someone throws a drink in your face on purpose it is a punchable offense.

You can berate me all you want, but in your berating of me you're just looking like a bunch of fools to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by SIEGE

Let me guess, you're the kind that says a person can not retaliate if someone is trying to hurt in any physical way because you're a civilized man and so all you have to do is sit there and take the abuse being put upon you?

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Interesting "point"...Can I ask what school or law or reasoning you learned that water on face = punchable offense? Lol @ punchable offense...I can hear it in court now...

Your honor the defendant would like to state that in the state of Ridiculousness water on face is indeed a punchable offense...

Where I work we get water, hot coffee, urine, feces thrown at us consistently...I'll keep in mind that all that is a "punchable" offense next time it happens...and when I get pulled into the office for the obvious reasons ill say hey..."jackwagon313" on the forum "makeupyourownlaws" said that I had a right to punch anyone who threw water at me let alone anything else...

they would look at me like I am looking at you...

Regardless of your horrible attempt to justify what the officer did...he did it to the WRONG PERSON...and THAT sir is why the LEO's aren't supposed to be judge and jury and executioner...they are constantly WRONG in their assessment of a situation and arrest the wrong person or haul off and "punchable offense" the wrong person...this is why you are INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court...this is why this officer in the video should be held accountable and charged with assault and lose his job. He went out of his scope of practice and acted as the judge jury and executioner and assaulted and INNOCENT person...

All I have to say is thank god he didn't shoot her...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

All you people had to say was the officer punched the wrong person because I didn't see it at first. Instead you people insulted and berated me because I had an unpopular opinion.

All you had to do was use your eyes and read the myriad responses that pointed out to you exactly that (you know, the ones with all the stars, unlike your snarky self-important replies). Instead, you continued defending your flawed argument until just your very last post (the one I'm quoting). You were insulted, mainly, only after you failed to acknowledge this the first 5 times it was pointed out to you, and continued with your line of justified-beating-for-precipitation reasoning. Who exactly is the fool?
edit on 1-10-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol made me think of Borat "You will never get this."
I am not yelling "Evil cop!" my words are "Unrespectable cop who could have reacted better."
At this point you're just baiting others into acting foolish just like you.

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Yes I can agree if someone threw a drink in my face I would punch them but what I would not do is punch the first person I see if it happened from behind, especially if I was an officer.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

... it is a punchable offense.

You say that like it's a legal term. Throwing water on someone is only assault if there is a risk of battery, and self-defense only qualifies if that risk is imminent and if the assault is "reasonable." Water-throwing is none of those. The person who threw the water would had to have been approaching the officer in a threatening manner in order for self-defense to become legally entertainable.
The only thing that could be done, legally, is a suit for damages caused by the water...which is just silly.

Punching someone in return for throwing water with no imminent and reasonable threat is, itself, battery on the part of the officer.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Woman throws water at a cop,

Wrong.

Cop hits her.

Correct.

Woman gets hauled off carrying a Cuban flag.

Wrong again.

Hmmm tough call since there is only 35 second video clip.

Wrong thrice. Look without your prejudices. They blind you to the truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, Its not okay for a male police officer to punch a female citizen in the face. Even if she had threw the water on him. Is there some memo that went out to all police about how it's okay to throw children to the ground, pistol whip people in the face, and punch females?? This kind of thing is only going to get worse. 

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Here is some truth there are some people, a lot of people here on ATS love to jump at any opportunity to bash the cops.

BY their prejudices.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Here is some truth there are some people, a lot of people here on ATS love to jump at any opportunity to bash the cops.

BY their prejudices.

So that makes it okay for others to do it too?

Your "truth" is rather irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Opinions based off a 30 second clip are irrelevant considering no one knows what was going on before or after.

Anyone who isn't bashing the cops is "irrelevant" because it does not fit in the the anti-cop agenda which is prevalent on this site.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Onoes he missed a golden opportunity for a body slam, what an idiot. Truly that is disgusting, what makes it worse though is that no one even blinked, if he weren't wearing that uniform (That symbol) I doubt that would have been the case.

I cannot help but be reminded of a most pertinent commercial regarding domestic violence, perhaps it should be remade to include a police officer?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Watch it in HD. In the first second you see she sprays something from a canister. Could have just been whip cheeze, but heck I guess it could be mace as well.

The water obviously comes from behind.

Unless she sprayed something harmful, that cop was far in the wrong. Even if she sprayed mace, it's not as if he couldn't have restrained her without clocking her.

It's hard to see the spray in a still, but you can clearly see the motion of the liquid from the can in the first second.

Here's a pic of the canister as the officer is charging her:

edit on 1-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well excuse me Puerto Rican flag sorry I am not perfect like everyone else is. Evil cop Evil cop!! That should make everyone happy.
reply to post by neo96

No, it didn't make me happy, I think we should defend his behavior, hes a cop he has a right to go around punching people in the face, that's his job, it is not his fault the woman was an easier target and weak, these people should beef up more, so it is their own fault if they are punched to the ground like that.

I think this cop is a hero, he punched the first thing that moved, who cares if he got the wrong target, that doesn't matter because he is American and an authority figure so it is o.k.

If this guy was Iranian or Iraqi however i would call for world war three, those people are just barbaric nomads.
(end sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join