It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a small but deadly coup (Prologue) [OWWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
AUTHORS NOTE: Just as a small exercise for my own mind, I will attempt to add a chapter every other day.

Barack Obama entered the Oval office, “It’s good to be back”, he thought.

The man behind the desk rose to greet him, with a wide smile and a proffered hand. “B! It’s great to see you again!”

Obama winced inwardly as he was not a fan of nicknames. He preferred proper titles, but he smiled in return and shook the hand.

“Nice to see you too Mittens. I’d like to say it has been a long time no see, but it really hasn’t has it?” That made him feel a bit better as a slight frown appeared on Romney’s face.

“C’mon man, you know I hate that name,” Romney said.

“Then address me by mine as well…I figured that since we were compatriots, that a slight ribbing in return wouldn’t offend you.” Barack smiled and put his hand on Romneys shoulder directing him back toward his chair. “Adding insult to injury.” he thought with an inner grin. “Have a seat.”

Barack heard a chuckle and looked over his shoulder. “George? What are you doing here?” He looked back at Romney. “Well this explains why I came in through the back door…can’t say I’m used to that. What’s going on?”

Bush walked over to the mini fridge and opened it. “Ya want a beer, Barack? They still make that stuff you like.”

“I thought you didn’t drink anymore George?” This sent alarm bells ringing in his head. “What’s going on?” He looked at Romney who looked more concerned than usual.

“We want to stage a coup”. He said flatly. “Have a seat please.”

Barack sat down perplexed. “Who do you want to overthrow? Iran? Venezuela? We have people that do that sort of thing, why would you need my input?”

Bush started chuckling again, “Oh, it’s a lot bigger than that.”

Obama cocked an eyebrow and Romney pointed at a chair. “George, sit down, this is a serious matter!”

Bush sat down but still had his trademark smirk on his face. “Hell, I know this is a serious matter, but I find the irony priceless. As a matter of fact…it’s hilarious.”

“Death of our citizens is not hilarious, George and you know it.” Romneys face did not betray the anger he felt. “This is serious business and will have lasting repercussions.”

The smirk fell from Bush’s face as he crossed the room and leaned on the POTUS desk and jabbed a finger in Romneys face. “Ya don’t think I know that. I’m talking about the bigger picture, not the casualties of what we are thinking about implementing. You talk about repercussions? They are a whole lot far reaching than I think you have given it thought too.”

Barack thought he would get whip-lash looking between the two arguing. “What the hell is going on?” he thought, “What am I not seeing here?” He stood up himself and declared, “Just what the hell are you two talking about?”

George turned around and leaned back on the desk while taking another swig of his beer. He looked Barack in the eye and said, “The PACT, we want to overthrow the PACT. Enough is enough…it’s time to move forward. We would like you on board.”

Barack sat back down stunned. “You want to overthrow the PACT”, he thought, “You want to overthrow the very people that put everyone of us in this office? That’s insane.” At that point he made his thoughts verbal, but added, “Really? Do you even remotely think it is possible? Is anyone else on board with this insane idea?”

Romney smiled at him. “Yes, we have quite a few actually.”

edit on 1-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: I have no idea

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hmmm. Very interesting beginning. I am waiting to see where this goes. Can't be good, but then again, that's what makes a great story. SnF.

(Note: A chapter every other day means about 15 chapters? Yikes, that's a BIG mental exercise! You'll be keeping masqua busy, for sure.....anyway you'd consider posting them in one thread so they are easier to follow?)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

How about a three to four chapters a week, all in one post? Inyour opinion, would that make things easier on the reader. Input from all members would be appreiciated of course. I could put previous chapters in my sig as I have seen before so people can read from the beginning.

I gave myself the task of one small chapter every two days because I have a tendancy to stall out after four or five. And this way I have given my word to the members of ATS, and I hate going back on my word. So in a sense I am forcing myself to finish a story, rather than starting one and letting it languish on the shelf.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There's no qualm no matter how you work it out, and remember there is no size restrictions. 4-5 chapters per post is doable, but don't burn out because you think you have to write a lengthy story. You can leave it open ended if you like.

My concern was having many entries to locate and read. That was all.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Very good. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I can't help but read their parts hearing them in my head. S&F

top topics

join