It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

philadelphia cop punched woman in face

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

philadelphia cop punched woman in face

rt.com

The Philadelphia Police Department is in hot water after a video has surfaced showing an officer with the force striking a woman in the face during this weekend’s Puerto Rican Day parade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
now thats a bit ott dont ya think? it may of been slightly accidental but then again it was a well placed mistake its on rt news site.

on another note why do i have to write 50 words or more to start this thing off its really annoying argghhhh why why why

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Oct 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is the YouTube video embed

Just another bully with a badge and a gun

ETA:

He popped her pretty hard, it looks as if she is bleeding out the mouth when they take her away near the end of the video. This woman is going to sue and become very wealthy, and she will deserve every penny.

ETA:

I sent you at U2U about the embed for this specific video, but the embeds can be a lot trickier depending on the coding in the link.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

thank you for the embed can u tell me how to do that please? i have no idea

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerseychannelislands

thank you for the embed can u tell me how to do that please? i have no idea

When you post, there's a little button with "VID: YOUTUBE", just hit that and then paste in the last little bit of the URL for the video.

And I agree with the sentiment that this is just another thug cop who shouldn't be in the job. I'm surprised how indifferent all the people around them were though.

If I had been there it would have taken all my inner strength and will not to jump on his back and smack ten tons of crap out of the ****.
edit on 1-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There would be riots right now, if that had been a white cop hitting a black woman

edit on 1-10-2012 by Juggernog because: sp

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

think i got it

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Looks like a slap to me but regardless she took the hit because of some punk ass throwing something (water?) on the cops which made it look like she did it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

It looks like a closed fist to me, but I cannot say for certain.

I doubt it was a slap but even if it was "just a slap" it was completely out of line and should be considered as assault or whatever they call it in PA.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jerseychannelislands

I guess that cop must really like those.
What do you tell a woman with a black eye jokes.

He must feel manly punching women in the face.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That looked like a 2 piece combo to me he punched her while she was moving forward to cut her off then again in the back of her head as she went down. That's excessive force if I've ever seen it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah thats the video where someone squirts water at the cops, and he unleashes on the wrong person, someone who did nothing at all.

And its all on video.

Not that punching someone in the face is a legal exchange for water in the first place.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hopefully the woman (or her attorney) gets a copy of this video, she has a good case for a lawsuit. She clearly did not throw the water and was in fact hit by it herself.

There's no excuse for the cop to haul off and pop her like that, even if she were the one who threw the water (she wasn't, so don't misconstrue what I'm saying). If you can't take getting splashed by water without escalating it into beating on someone, anyone, then hang up the badge.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

on another note why do i have to write 50 words or more to start this thing off its really annoying argghhhh why why why

reply to post by jerseychannelislands

To prevent people like you from posting thread after thread of meaningless information without contributing to the content of the post.

If ATS members wanted an RSS newsfeed, we would ask for it.

Posting news is not contributing unless you have something to say about it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

i had something to say and did say it. thank you for your input

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The officer's name is already floating around the net.

Perhaps someone who has nothing to do tonight would take it upon themselves to..

Write a stern letter to his precinct's chief condemning his actions.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Whats your problem? Give the dude a break

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Been saying this for a while now, The people need protection from the police, its getting more and more common, also in the UK aswell.

You see how the other police do nothing, if any of those other officers were real men, they would of contained that violent idiot strutting around under the guize of a police uniform.

I don't tolerate violence on women by men, had i of been there that officer would of got hurt.
He was twice her size, what a pathetic excuse for a human.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It seems like an overreaction by the cop to me.

But you also have to think, the cop had know idea it was water. In this day and age it could have been anything. She's lucky she didn't get shot.

I personally have no problem with police doing this, if citizens could do this to cops or other citizens when they ask for it.

It would make a more respectful society. People have to know there limitations. You don't throw anything on anybody and not exspect to get your ass kicked. Cop or not.

I do agree with the post, Had this been a white cop hitting a black woman...... Hell, that town would be on fire right now. LOL!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

LOoking at it again. Doesn't look as if she even threw it. Wow! I hope she has a real good lawer and just screws that city in court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join