It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic suppression of the Military vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

VA: Military absentee ballots going AWOL in 2012

FREDERICKSBURG — A 92 percent drop in absentee-ballot requests by military personnel in Virginia is raising concerns that the Pentagon is failing to carry out a federal voting law. With only 1,746 military voters in Virginia requesting absentee ballots so far this year — out of 126,251 service members in the state —the Military Voter Protection Project says the system has broken down.

mvpproject.org...

Out of 126,251 service members in Va only 1746 military voters have requested absentee ballots

VA is not the only state that is giving the military the shaft.

This message was brought to you cause some people love to play "evil GOP voter fraud" where it seems they are NOT the only ones.

What say you?

edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Crickets chirping........................

Just more proof of how ridiculous the whole left/right paradigm actually is........Both parties are criminal in nature, but yet people still support them.......

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you that desperate? LOL

Did you miss the part where it said worried that the PENTAGON isn't carrying out voter laws?

WTH LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wonder if people remember this?

On July 17th, the Obama for America Campaign, the Democratic National Committee, and the Ohio Democratic Party filed suit in OH to strike down part of that state's law governing voting by members of the military. Their suit said that part of the law is "arbitrary" with "no discernible rational basis."

www.breitbart.com...

In 2008, for example, the State of Virginia (a critical swing state in 2012) had failed to send absentee ballots to members of the military on active duty in time for them to complete the ballots and return them before the election. When the campaign of Republican nominee Sen. John McCain sued to compel the state to count military ballots that had arrived after election day, the State Board of Elections--then run by Democrats, appointed by a Democratic governor--argued, effectively, that it could send absentee ballots to the military a day before the election and still be in compliance with the law. As RedState's Soren Dayton put it:

www.breitbart.com...

yeah it is breitbart but if the only retort that the anti-brietbart comes up with as "it's breitbart" doesn't disprove the articles.

Thanks seems a particluar group in this country that always claims the "moral high ground" on everything are only fooling themselves, the rest of us know the real deal.

edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And how do you connect this to the Dems?

The article does a poor job of trying to explain what is causing the decrease. But here is a thought, in 2008 we had more troops deployed overseas where they would need an absentee ballot than we do today.

Also, the article doesn't say how many of the 126,251 service members in VA are currently deployed overseas. It only states that they are active service members.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You do know that Obama didn't want to take early voting away from the Military in Ohio, only that he wanted to give that right back to every other Ohio resident.

You see, it was the GOP that tried to strip early voting rights from all Ohio residents except the Military.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah it is breitbart but if the only retort that the anti-brietbart comes up with as "it's breitbart" doesn't no disprove the articles.

'it's Breitbart' is enough to disprove anything posted on breitbart.com.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh now I forget what is that guys name that currently holds the title of "commander and Chief?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Are Democrats going around and telling these people to not ask for absentee ballots? Why would all of these people ask for ballots anyway do people in that state not go and vote in person? Or these people have finally woken up and knows what a joke our system really is.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Oh now I forget what is that guys name that currently holds the title of "commander and Chief?

If there was a Republican in office would you then say the Republicans are behind it? Seeing how much the talked about the at the RNC shows just how much they back the military.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So you think this is a scandal directly involving Obama? And what proof do you have of that?

Actually, what proof do you have that anything corrupt is going on? The only information available is that absentee ballot requests for military members are down since 2008. But so are military deployments, so they SHOULD be down.

I love how you can jump to a conspiracy with so little information.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you're saying that President Obama issued some kind of CIC order to the Pentagon to discourage absentee votes?

Really?

At the bottom of your article there's a link:
read more at the Virginia Watchdog

From that link:

Pam Mitchell, FVAP’s acting director, acknowledged findings in a recent DOD Inspector General report that indicated difficulties service members had in reaching voting offices at military installations.

“Over the last six months, we spent a lot of time reaching out to every single one of the 221 installation voting offices,” Mitchell said. “We now believe that voting assistance for our absentee voters is absolutely the best that it’s ever been.”

She said “between now and the election,” FVAP officials will make weekly calls to each of the voter assistance offices “to ensure they are accurately able to capture changes that may occur.”

Don Palmer, secretary of Virginia’s State Board of Elections, said, “It is immensely challenging to deal with DOD on the [absentee ballot] issue.”

Nevertheless, Palmer said he remains “hopeful that the numbers will turn around.”

“The Commonwealth has created a position to focus specifically on this issue and will increase its outreach program to inform military voters that the month of September is the most opportune time to successfully prepare to vote in the presidential election,” Palmer told Virginia Watchdog in an email statement.

Eversole praised Virginia’s SBE for making itself a single point of contact for military voters, unlike other states where service personnel must navigate through myriad local election boards.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What I am saying is the decline of those absentee ballots does not make any sense.

Something is going on that may involve "fraud".

I can specualte all day long but not really the purpose as the commander in chief in a "democracy" does the great savior of the republic not have the obligation to make sure every ones votes are counted??

Especially those who he uses as props?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The article I linked in my previous post spells out clearly what the problem is and it isn't fraud. Wow what a stretch this one was. I actually laughed out loud after reading the article. Funny man, Neo.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So to be clear the Democrats are perfect little angels and never ever have screwed anyone out of their votes?

That right?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Angels? You're asking me that? You must have missed my denouncement of Democrats and Obama in dozens, hundreds? of posts by now. Us or them eh, Neo?

Gary Johnson 2012!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

So to be clear the Democrats are perfect little angels and never ever have screwed anyone out of their votes?

That right?

No, neither party are perfect little angels.

However, that fact doesn't provide evidence that the Dems are behind anything with this article. I actually don't think anything is going on besides there being fewer soldiers deployed overseas now as compared to 2008.

Just admit it, your title of this thread is 100% fantasy with no facts to back it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I seem to recall seeing that the support from the military to obama is mostly against him. So this does not surprise me that they are"losing" them or forgetting to send them out. Still it is not that big a part of the population.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with voter supression. Im in the military, and I dont know a single coworker who is planning on voting. They are setting up boothes to register to vote all over base, constant emails, but it seems that nobody really cares. My guess is we have given up hope a long time ago. We know no matter who wins, we will continue to get deployed every year. And that is the issue that military members care about the most.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Helllo ......Neo.....
This timing! This story!
Oh you're good...very good.

Pero Brietbart, no es un bueñ "Source".
No bueño

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join