It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A4e plan to run the Jobcentre!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I had today another seemingly pointless appointment with A4e (activity 4 employment) and boy was it quite the eye opener. The woman who i had been assigned sat me down, checked my "job activities" and the began to chat with me about the Jobcentre and how they have started asking A4e customers for their jobsearch again (if your on A4e then you will know that when you sign on at the Jobcentre they normally just ask you if your on A4e, sign you and send you on your way, but recently they've started asking to see it again) and also the Jobcentre had started changing peoples signing times (clearly to catch out the cheaters). This was all fairly uninteresting to me until she then said that the jobcentre had started to do this to because they were checking up on them (A4e). she then said told me that it would all be changing soon and that A4e would be running the Jobcentre!! That can only mean one thing.......Privatised Social Services!
I hope this dosen't happen, for all i know she could have been making it up, but she said what she said and she seemed serious enough about it. Would the Government really privatise the Jobcentre???
edit on 1/10/2012 by josephamccoy because: title and grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Two points.

1. If a privatised job centre is more effective then that's good. A4E is a company with a good track record. Not everything that is private is bad.
2. Try capital letters in your narrative to make it easier to read.

Regards

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

They have a horrible record (see video) and yes your right about caps.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

I like to form my worldview from sources beyond YouTube. Ask yourself "who made the video" and then consider whether the content is skewed.

Regards

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was on an A4E course 5/6 years ago

there were some there with no intention of getting a job and loved to go to A4E..

They would even turn up on their days off just to hang out.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Type A4e scam into Google and it gives you plenty of reading

told me that it would all be changing soon and that A4e would be running the Jobcentre!!

Personally i can not see that ever happening
But i will say A4e Traffics Human Misery
There is still a cloud hanging over the firm A4e
www.bbc.co.uk...

Before Emma Harrison stood down from A4e which she still owns she paid herself a handsome dividend

The former Government adviser was last month criticised for taking an £8.6 million dividend from the company, even though it is entirely reliant on funding of around £200 million a year from the Government

www.telegraph.co.uk...

there was speculation that she had resigned ahead of fresh allegations about A4e’s general business practices likely to emerge over the weekend.

There are Police investigations and quite a few arrests have been made
A4e Charlatans

Cran

top topics

join