It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmful effects of Fluoride

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is a video on youtube that tells you regarding the harmful effects of Fluoride to your body

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowzeroq
Here is a video on youtube that tells you regarding the harmful effects of Fluoride to your body

What type of fluoride?

Can you give us some input with your threads, as all we are doing is watching youtube by opening one of your posts, this is ATS where we like to discuss or many times argue varying ideas, so please some input.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
fluoride poisoning a toxic condition that sometimes occurs with ingestion of excessive fluoride. Acute fluoride poisoning involves an immediate physiological reaction, with nausea, vomiting, hypersalivation, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Chronic fluoride poisoning is a physiological reaction to long term exposure to high levels of fluoride and is characterized by dental fluorosis, skeletal fluorosis, and kidney damage. Called also fluorosis.

systemic fluoride a fluoride ingested in water, supplements, or some other form. See also fluoridation.

topical fluoride a fluoride applied directly to the teeth, especially of children, in a dental caries prevention program.

A simple look in the dictionary says enough right?
edit on 1-10-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

What type of fluoride?

Can you give us some input with your threads, as all we are doing is watching youtube by opening one of your posts, this is ATS where we like to discuss or many times argue varying ideas, so please some input.

Well , sorry for not interpreting much about the harmful effects of Fluoride . Fluoride has been used in drinking water , toothpastes etc .Fluoride is a posionous substance . I don't know why fluoride is used even though they know its not good for the health . Theses days fluoride has been linked to Mental retardation and this has come much into highlight .For further significant effects to health , u can read here :

www.all-natural.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just to help people out a little - there are two types of fluoride.

Calcium fluoride occurs naturally.
Sodium fluoride comes from toxic industrial waste and is added to water systems and many ingestible products.

There are many books and websites that can help a person distinguish the difference between the two fluorides. Also look up a dentist by the name of Weston Price - his research is pure gold with regard to dental hygiene and cavities and the causes. I highly recommend reading anything by Dr Weston Price.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There is also Fluorite, a gemstone, looks really neat, I have a piece, it's not trying to eat me so it's safe.

on a main note, 8 oz is the size of the old pepsi cans, that's alot of toothpaste to eat.
And if I didn't understand that part well, then he didn't present it very well.

I personally hate the flavor / taste of toothpaste, and would rather clean my mouth with rubbing alcohol, I don't but would rather.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

What type of fluoride?

Well , sorry for not interpreting much about the harmful effects of Fluoride . Fluoride has been used in drinking water , toothpastes etc .Fluoride is a posionous substance . I don't know why fluoride is used even though they know its not good for the health . Theses days fluoride has been linked to Mental retardation and this has come much into highlight .For further significant effects to health , u can read here :

www.all-natural.com...

"Fluoride is a posionous substance" What type of fluoride are you referring to?

What does "Theses days fluoride has been linked to Mental retardation" mean? What is mental retardation?

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to get a view from your perspective just having trouble understanding

link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented
There is also Fluorite, a gemstone, looks really neat, I have a piece, it's not trying to eat me so it's safe.

on a main note, 8 oz is the size of the old pepsi cans, that's alot of toothpaste to eat.
And if I didn't understand that part well, then he didn't present it very well.

I personally hate the flavor / taste of toothpaste, and would rather clean my mouth with rubbing alcohol, I don't but would rather.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

hhaha Thats funny...Rubbing the teeth with alcohol in the morning

link   
reply to post by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

You mis-interpreted what the video said. A pea size amount of toothpaste contains the same amount of sodium fluoride as in an 8oz glass of water.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This horse has been beaten to death, my friend.

2nd

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

mental retardation is when you ask a bunch of silly questions.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Okay here's my question about Flouride in the water.... Can this filter work to filter out the flouride??? Someone told me that dispite some company claims, it's not possible. But there website seems to indicate it can? What do you think??? Anyone actually know?

It's a CrystalQuest Countertop Flouride filter.

The website says:

Fluoride (F-) is a common constituent of many minerals. Municipal water treatment plants commonly add fluoride to the water for prevention of tooth decay, and they try to maintain a level of 1.5 - 2.5 mg/l. Concentrations above 5 mg/l are detrimental to tooth structure. High concentrations are contained in waste water from the manufacture of glass and steel, as well as from foundry operations. Organic fluorine is present in vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Inorganic fluorine, under the name of sodium fluoride, is a waste product of aluminum and is used in some rat poisons. The MCL established for drinking water by the US EPA is 4 mg/l. CRYSTAL QUEST® Fluoride Water Filters are utilizing high capacity synthetic adsorbent media that is highly selective for FLUORIDE, lead and arsenic. This high capacity synthetic adsorbent media's extremely high surface area and pore distribution gives this media the highest possible operating capacity and lowest possible leakage. It is a synthetic aluminum oxide that is specially processed to have a minimum of fines and other foreign matter, removes metals through a combination of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media, thus the removal is not dependent on ion exchange and has a uniform particle size similar to ion exchange resins. It has minimal shrinkage or swelling and low pressure loss. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.

Looks like this....

there website

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My understanding of removing sodium fluoride out of the water supplies is simply - don't put it in. My knowledge of removing sodium fluoride from the water supplies is that it is next to impossible. I learned this by researching survival sites that teach various methods on how to purify water in an emergency/survival situation. Unfortunately sodium fluoride does not come out - I had up until that time believed that boiling water effectively removed sodium fluoride. What I learned is that sodium fluoride - when boiled - actually increases the potency and toxicity of the sodium fluoride.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Oh great. Well who knows right. What about those big berky water filters? Alex Jones claims they removel flouride?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
In support of the effort to remove flouride from drinking water, I wanted to share with you my well-founded theory on why male astronauts are coming back from space flights with brain damage and eventual blindness, whereas female pilots are largely unaffected. I wanted to point out that due to menstruation, women deposit far less iron in the body. Men on the other hand suffer a buildup. George Washington needed phlebotomies for that.

My Theory is that because of the high iron content in the male body, exposure to flouridated water is extemely hazardous to the male brain, blood-brain barrier, an area sensitive to radiation from celestial sources as well as bombs and cell phones.

lightyears.blogs.cnn.com...

NASA’s new priority is how to protect astronauts from going blind on the years-long trip to get wherever they are going.

“I absolutely agree that this is our number one priority,” Barratt said.

Why?

Because when Barratt blasted off to the international space station, he needed eyeglasses for distance. When he returned to Earth, his distance vision was fine, but he needed reading glasses. That was more than two years ago. And he’s not getting better.

“We really need to understand this. This is a critical point for understanding how humans adapt to spaceflight,” he said.

In the past few years, about half of the astronauts aboard the international space station have developed an increasing pressure inside their heads, an intracranial pressure that reshapes their optic nerve, causing a significant shift in the eyesight of male astronauts. Doctors call it papilledema.

Female space travelers have not been affected.

Some of the astronauts slowly recover. Others have not.

Space station astronauts typically spend about six months in orbit.

Barratt is one of 10 male astronauts, all older than 45, who have not recovered. Barratt returned from a six-month stint aboard the station in October 2009 and has experienced a profound change in his sight.

He used to be nearsighted. But now, the space veteran says he’s eagle-eyed at long distance but needs glasses for reading. There is no treatment and no answers as to why female space flyers are not affected.

NASA’s new priority is how to protect astronauts from going blind on the years-long trip to get wherever they are going.

www.livestrong.com...

For most essential vitamins and minerals, a male's body requires more. But that's not the case with iron. A female, depending on her stage of life, needs to take in up to more than double the amount of iron a man needs. During pregnancy, iron intake should almost triple a man's. The differences in our reproductive capabilities are cause for such a large difference.

Menstruation

Adult women need to increase iron intake once menstruation begins. Menstruation means a loss of blood every month, which can affect overall iron content of the body. Women must compensate by increasing iron intake. After the age of 50, or once menopause begins, women can reduce iron intake to the same as a man's.

The terrible secret of the Iron Cross

IRON FLOURIDE FeF3·3H2O -- FeF2

en.wikipedia.org...(II)_fluoride

Chemical and physical properties

Iron(III) fluoride is a thermally robust, paramagnetic solid, consisting of high spin Fe(III) centers, which is consistent with the pale colors of all forms of this material. Both anhydrous iron(III) fluoride as well as its hydrates are hygroscopic.

[edit] Structure

The anhydrous form is adopts a simple structure with octahedral Fe(III)F6 centres interconnected by linear Fe-F-Fe linkages. In the language of crystallography, the crystals are classified as rhombohedral with an R-3c space group.[2] The structural motif is similar to that seen in ReO3. Although the solid is nonvolatile, it evaporates at high temperatures, the gas at 987 °C consists of FeF3, a planar molecule of D3h symmetry with three equal Fe-F bonds, each of length 176.3 pm.[3] At very high temperatures, it decomposes to give FeF2 and F2.[2]

Two crystalline forms - or more technically, polymorphs - of FeF3·3H2O are known, the α and β forms. These are prepared by evaporation of an HF solution containing Fe3+ at room temperature (α form) and above 50°C (β form). The space group of the β form is P4/m, and the α form maintains a P4/m space group with a J6 substructure. The solid α form is unstable and converts to the β form within days. The two forms are distinguished by their difference in quadrupole splitting from their Mössbauer spectra.[4]

[edit] Preparation, occurrence, reactions

Anhydrous iron(III) fluoride is prepared by treating virtually any anhydrous iron compound with fluorine. More practically and like most metal fluorides, it is prepared by treating the corresponding chloride with hydr

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by morsomnibustyrannus
reply to post by InhaleExhale

mental retardation is when you ask a bunch of silly questions.

Thanks for the insight,

however it seems then making silly statements would also qualify then.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Fluoride takes the place of Iodine on the receptors throughout the body. If dumbs down the organs and brain. Some organic fluorides don't cross the blood brain barrier which means it does not cause chemical imbalances in the brain. Organic fluorides work by altering the P450 enzymes, which is many times in the liver. These cause a calming effect sometimes, but excess amounts can cause suppressed detoxing if the kidneys can't get rid of the excess. There are a lot of ways that fluoride can harm us. Natural fluorides keep us calm if consumed in moderation.

I do not think we should be adding fluoride to the water, I would rather drink coffee or tea. A soup made from a soup bone will give a person all the fluoride we need to keep our teeth in good shape with little bad effects if moderation is used in consumption. Cilantro is a good source of natural fluoride also, it can be overconsumed easily though because of it's strength. Every culture uses some organic fluoride compounds to help keep it's societies calm. I am not afraid of organic fluoride in foods, I am against adding it to water. I am against adding it to toothpaste also. If people want fluoride drops, they can buy them. I can't see justification to be forced to drink fluoridated water, traditional eating and drinking habits can make us calm.

Fluoride is added to our water because the government is scared of us revolting and causing civil unrest. The problem is it is causing a weakening of the body by restricting iodine to the organs that help make us fight cancer and keep from getting sick. Fluoride kills microbes and also effects the Flora in the intestines, that is bad, the good bacteria keep us healthy and strong and fight for us. If our liver is suppressed it can lower our ability to fix the blood right so it can deliver oxygen to our cells. Don't jeopardize the good people in society to control the ten percent that are troublesome. That is not right.

They can keep the fluoride in stuff like beer so the drunks don't fight. They can keep fluoride in the herbs, spices, teas, coffee at natural levels. Add a little fluoride to the soils of tea plantations to boost fluoride levels naturally. The tea plant has evolved to utilize fluoride. Why did the people revolt and kick the English out of control in the USA? They taxed the tea so people couldn't afford it. They raised the price of the natural antidepressant. The English screwed up big time. Never tax natural antidepressants

The potato has three calming chemicals in it, it needs butter on it to help supply vitamin K so the Calcitrol doesn't cause problems though. Potatoes can cause weight gain and other problems if eaten too much or without the right accompanying foods. There is a lot to know about using a high percentage in the diet. There are a lot of nutrients in potato, it is a good source of some nutrients. No B12 in it though.

Asparagus has sedative problems that are pretty safe if consumed responsibly, it is a good choice. It doesn't cause excessive weight gain like goitrinogens do.

Stay away from most potent goitrinogens. It is ok to consume them occasionally but they can cause hypothyroidism and make you fat.

Teaching people how to eat without using the deceit is the way to control our population. Forcing people to take dangerous cheap forms of antidepressants in water is bad. Tricking people into eating more goitrinogens by saying they are good for you is also wrong, make the knowledge available so people can know how to naturally calm themselves or their family. Make the people aware of side effects also. Our government has researched this to the hilt and constantly deceives us because they think we are naturally violent. Only ten percent of people are violent, the other ninety percent eat calming foods. The health department spreads these misconcepts without the workers even knowing what they are doing. These people parrot everything they are taught. It is time that these people wake up. Adding fluoride to water has never been good for people no matter what sort they use. Teach people how to be calm, don't deceive them, we can then start watching after each other, bringing a little Salsa to someone who is getting crabby or offering tea or coffee to the neighbor.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

That's very interesting. I like reading theories. Can you put that last part into a summary, put it in laymans terms without all the chemical names so I don't misinterpret what you are trying to say. I think it says fluoride brings Iron into the bones and builds it up in the tissues.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Fluoride of any kind is harmful to the human body. It is a by-product of the Aluminium Industry. Basically chemical waste. So why should it be added to the water systems and or to toothpaste? It has no positive advantages to humans only negative. You just have to look at the MSDS of Fluoride primarily Sodium Fluoride which is in our water and toothpaste to see how nasty that chemical is.

Hitler used Sodium Fluoride in the water of the Nazi Concentration camps in World War 2 to subdue and control the prisoners. And of course to make them unhealthy by giving them crippling diseases.

That being said then why the hell is it added to food, water and toothpaste? Adding a dangerous carcinogenic compound to things we ingest sounds like a Nazi op.

Wouldn't it have been better to add nutrients to our water and food? And why have they led our medical establishment to believe and tell us that it is good for us? Is that because so many of the population believe everything our doctors tell us?

Now that we know what Fluoride is and what it does to our bodies and minds isn't it about time we questioned other bogus information we have received from our governments and health services?

I don't know about you but I check and double check the ingredients of what my doctor gives me or advises me to take. If I find out it's not good it's in the bin and I take alternative natural medicine. I found one of the best to be Colloidal Silver. Pity it has been deemed Toxic by the British NHS. What do they know? They are slaves of Big Pharma just doing their job as Drug Pushers to make the Big Pharma even richer.

My advice to anyone is do some research on Fluoride. Don't listen to doctors. You'll find a lot of info on it and it doesn't look good!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I did some checking around. I found one on ebay selling for cheap. Including shipping like only 200 bucks. It claims it can do 7000 gallons total. That's pretty decent as that would last the average family of 4 I'd say about 10 years. Giving each person about 2 liters of water a day (half a gallon) I'd say that's pretty accurate as the average person will get the rest of there water drinking other things. (there not only gonna drink water!). So that breaks down to a cost of about 3 cents a gallon or 6 cents a day! Pretty good deal! ha ha

AQUASAFE 5 STAGE 100 GPD REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER

Aq uasafe 5 Stage Filter

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join