It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any other stories out there about a time shift?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know what else to call it but I'll try to explain my story. I've never had anything odd happen to me other than these two experiences I had in my life time. Luckily, I've had someone else to share that experience with me and that was my ex. I'm a scaredy cat and paranoid of ghosts but I've never seen one but I believe in them, so I don't hope you think I'm making this all up in my head or on drugs, haha.

Anyways, 7 years ago at age 16, when I was talking on the phone with my ex. We both had digital clocks and it was no where near the time of day light savings or anything like that. We both looked at the time and both decided to get off the phone because it was late and we had school tomorrow. When we hung up I looked at the clock and was confused...it was earlier than I had thought. Right when I was about to call him, he told me how his clock was early. We were both confused. We both like to joke that we were granted another hour to talk to each other on the phone since I had VERY strict parents and was not allowed to date at all.

Another experience, when we were both in class we had a fire drill. We walked outside and when it was time to go back in we were walking in the hallway. It was a very short distance from our emergency exit and our class..just down the hall. Anyways, we were talking and I swear we just walked in and there was a bunch of people heading to their class and it was busy. As we approached our classroom we saw that EVERYONE was in THEIR seats and the teacher yelled at us, "What are you two doing in the hallway?! Get inside right now!" She was a terrible teacher, I hate her...anyways, we both looked at each other and looked at the hall way and both was like "Wasn't there...." "how did??" We didn't tell anyone because no one would believe us.

I can't say that we lost track of time. I've had many experiences where I say "Wow it's this late already?" or getting carried away having fun or talking to someone and losing track of time but it was NEVER EVER like the experience my ex and I had. I never had it again...it was just those two incidents. Those were the only two strange things that happened with my life. My ex said it was probably aliens that abducted us as one theory LOL I don't think that is likely but I guess possible.....I think maybe it has to do with science and time.

I want to know if I'm not alone with this experience, if there is an scientific theories on this, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wanted to add a couple things

it wasn't a radio clock

Also, when everyone was in their seats when we looked at the hall way it was completely empty.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

There are plenty of stories about time shift.

Here, I dug this up for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally, I succeeded in fast-fowarding time over a period of 10 seconds. It was really weird.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Personally, I succeeded in fast-fowarding time over a period of 10 seconds. It was really weird.

What does that even mean, fast forward time over 10 seconds? is that a normal 10 seconds? And how could you tell a normal 10 seconds at a faster rate? So did the 10 seconds clock time, become 30 seconds experience time?

Meanwhile I've said something similar. I experienced Eternity Forever in 5 minutes that lasted 1.5 hours in meditation...
So basically my perception as a body was 5 minutes long.
My perception as a soul was Forever.
This "actually" took place in 1.5 hours according to the clock.

most of my other time stories could just have been losing track of time, or just seeing clocks wrong. The main one of those being when I wake up sometimes the clock will say 8:20, and I should get up, im about to be late, but I go for 10 extra minutes.. SNOOZE.. And then I wake up turn the alarm off and do the 3 minute drill, clothes/teeth/..mirror, hair bad, grab hat... Food? Look back at clock.. Clock says 7:57... What the?

Still I wake up VERY confused most of the time, so I could have seen the clock wrong.

@OP

Your first story sounds like my morning stories.. It's just like, "here have some time." "really?" Yes, here's an hour dude." "Nice."

Your second story could go either way for me. Shouldn't you have been around other people? Did you watch everyone walk in first and then you started walking? Seems like you should have seen other people or you guys went somewhere else away from them and if that's the case you could have easily lost track of time.

I believe in Time/Reality slips though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Like I said with your morning experiences I experience a lot of that random times of day sometimes when I lose track of time. But there's something about those two where it just felt completely off. It's like when you know it wasn't normal. There had been many times where I say "Wow! I thought it was 2am but it's only 11pm?" stuff like that but I know it was just losing track of time.

I don't know. My ex (who I don't keep in touch with anymore because his fiance doesn't want that) agrees it was bizarre and very odd experience he's ever had. The only one too.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

There are plenty of stories about time shift.

Here, I dug this up for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, I'll read up on it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This caught my eye because it seems like i am having the same problem except a little different i keep popping into different reality's... maybe its me but it sure seems odd that stuff will happen that i never knew about and im supposed to.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

This may or may not fit into "time-slip"...I don't know (where it fits - if it fits anywhere at all)...
My childhood years were filled with "moves". Putting it in a capsule - I had lived in (or "moved to") 14 different towns by the time I was 14 years old...
Anyway - I was the second of three children...and, at the ripe age of 2 years, we lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado (for about a year).
I can literally recall a number of "events" from that year... Will not elaborate on them, here...but -
Years later, I recall many many times, when the family photo albums would come out, and there were lots of baby & early childhood photos of my sister (the eldest) & myself, and a mere spattering of photos of my younger brother (who spent the better part of his first year in Colorado Springs)...and, when we (or whomever was being treated to this walk down memory lane) asked about the lack of photos...the answer was - "they were lost in the fire". This happened many times through the years...many times...
I even asked, on one occassion (because I did not remember "the fire") how the fire came about...and was told that we had been away (at a midweek or Sunday evening "church service") and returned to the smoldering aftermath.
Well - such things happen... such is life... Except ...four years ago, when I was rehashing some childhood memories, I brought the topic up with my aging parents. They appeared entirely baffled, saying "we never had a house fire". I reminded them of the stories of Colorado Springs and that this was always given as "the reason" we didn't have many early childhood photos of my younger brother...and they remained dumbfounded.
So - the next time I spoke with my sister, I asked if she remembered anything about the "house fire"...to which she acted equally as dumbfounded. I reminded her of the fact that this "fire" had always been given as the excuse for so few pictures of our brother...to which she remained adamant that she never even recalled a story of such a fire.
So - lastly - I approached my younger brother...who was "the most affected", and just like the rest - he recalled no such story or explanation (note that none of them offered another explanation for "why" we had so few pictures of my brother)...
With such resounding denials of my memory, I questioned "What Happened?"...as, this was such a "solid" and substantial memory, that I could not simply shake it off with their denials.
I won't go into what became my strongest conviction...but am simply offering this in respose to your question regarding "time-slips".
Thanks for reading.

new topics

top topics

join