It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Phone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The president has no direct impact on the program, and one could hardly call these devices "Obama Phones," This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.

Wilson Phones, anyone?

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So what is your point?

More people are collecting Welfare under this President than any other.

Are you trying to defend Obama in some manor?

The woman in the video referred to them as "obama phones.." Nobody else did. Blame her.

edit on 1-10-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The masses think Obama gave them a free phone. Just giving the facts. No, I'm in no way an Obama supporter,nor does the thread indicate any support for Obama.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just got an offer in the mail the other day for an Obama phone. I was shocked. It's 125 minutes a month WITH rollover and texting (each text costs 1 minute) for absolutely $0 as long as you are already on the govt dole. Hell I pay $93 a month for my wife and my phones and we barely use them. I'd love to have an Obama phone, but alas, I'm not enough of a loser to qualify. I actually pay taxes. I'm being punished for going to school and working my ass off to get a good job.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They are still an unnecessary hand out. Even worse, so many people think Obama did it for them and love him more for it.

Good find though, I was not aware it had been available this long.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The point is that the people who support Obama believe that he is responsible for giving him stuff. Using tax money to convince your supporters that you are responsible for giving them free things is the Chicago way and why they tend to have mayors for life.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

It’s probably called the ‘Obama Phone’ because it comes with this new Obama App.

Is your neighbor a Democrat? Obama has an app for that

Curious how many Democrats live on your block? Just download the Obama campaign's new mobile app.

The app, released last week, includes a Google map for canvassers that recognizes your current location and marks nearby Democratic households with small blue flags.

Coincidentally, this app will also provide info about which of your neighbors could be domestic terrorists, too…..they’re the ones without the blue flag!

edit on 1-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
The masses think Obama gave them a free phone.

The masses? What are you talking about? This is the first I've heard of this ONE LADY who thinks Obama gave her a phone.

reply to post by joyride0187

Originally posted by joyride0187
Using tax money to convince your supporters that you are responsible for giving them free things is the Chicago way ...

And who is doing that????

This is the first I've heard of an "Obama phone". Kind of stupid, if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very careful,
some nut job will probably get the app
and put them all on a kill list.

he might be doing everyone a favor

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This Obama phone is much like the "obama money" video for a couple of years ago.

One person caught on camera who speaks for great numbers of people who expect government handouts.
And caught on video and used by many who feel there are too many government handouts.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This Obama phone is much like the "obama money" video for a couple of years ago.

Ah! I see. And they're STILL using that video this year, to show what Obama supporters are like.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join