It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moment of Incredible gullibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Time for an exercise, think back to a moment when your gullibility was at its highest and you believed something that you would any other day laugh at and make fun of or simply see it for what it is?

Me: Saw a video of people showing that if you remove a upside down water glass really quick there was a chance that the water would stay in its place. They even had a video showing you after many attempts of them archiving them and it look real (Great CGI). For a couple of seconds i sat there and thought that it was really cool and that i would like to try it.. then suddenly something in my head snapped and i was like "WTF am i thinking" for a couple of seconds i believed something that was completely impossible.

I wonder what state of mind a person needs to be for this to happen, either not thinking hard or who knows. I have seen this happen to many smart people i know that for a second they believe something that should normally be something you immediately see for what it is.

Please share yours.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Couple of years ago, I bought into the hype that the H1N1 vaccine was going to depopulate the Earth. Told friends and family to be careful. Not my proudest moment.

That little episode resulted in a 16 month hiatus from ATS...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

I went to school and they told me if I worked hard enought I could be anything I wanted to be...

I believed it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Couple of years ago, I bought into the hype that the H1N1 vaccine was going to depopulate the Earth. Told friends and family to be careful. Not my proudest moment.

That little episode resulted in a 16 month hiatus from ATS...

Maybe not so gullible, there where reports out of Canada that research had shown people who got that vaccine where way more likely to get infected by the strains of flu it was supposed to protect.

So not a killer, but definitely something that should of been avoided.

Vancouver researcher finds flu shot is linked to H1N1 illness

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When I was a kid I bought into the Christian scaremongering of just about everything that isn't Christian. I really believed in things like AC/DC meant Against Christ Destroy Christ and KISS meant Kids In Service To Satan and things like that.

Fortunately, I eventually got better and learned a few things about bullchit and how much of it there is in the world.

I still tend to give some people the benefit of the doubt though, unless I learn otherwise.

But I'm not stupid, and can spot a lot of bullchit a mile away.

new topics

top topics

join