Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Green Earth Alternative Energy Thread - List your Alternative Energy Picks - A Resource for All

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For the purpose of this thread I'd like each posting member to list your favorite Alternative Energy Technologies.

These Must be Real technologies that are available on Earth today. Please do NOT list Free Energy devices, perpetual motion machines or over unity devices that are unproven, I only want practical alternative energy technologies that we can actually purchase and use today.

Some technologies may not be sold in all countries, and that's o.k. Some technologies may be proven but are not being mass produced or sold yet but have plans to be sold. These are o.k. to list also as long as there is a good probability we will have them sometime in our recent future. You may post homemade technologies.

This thread seeks to be a member compilation of the best technologies that use Alternative Energy solutions so we can use it as a resource to live by in the coming years. This thread also serves to promote awareness of Alternative Energy technologies that may not be available in your country so we can try to garnet support for those technologies use in these countries. (this may involve writing congressmen or other forms of lobbying)

* Please post using this formula to help keep this information clear and concise;

You may list up to 3 technologies in each category per post. You may of course post links in any form you wish, Website URL, Youtube Video etc. but your links must include enough information to give a brief summery of the technology and the company that makes that technology: (If you don't have any thoughts on a category below, just skip it)

Formula:

Transportation (personal and family transportation)
(Links)

Residential Home (power for the home and or everything in it, heating, cooling, running appliances or appliances that run on alternative energies that do not include AC from a electric company)
(links)

Personal and Recreational (These include items such as small devices you carry around)

Batteries, Chargers and Generators ( These include any alternative energy forms or new cutting edge technologies that can be used in general purpose batteries, chargers and generators)

Health/Medical ( items you can use to maintain health or help in medical emergencies)
(links)

Please provide the Name of the technology category such as Transportation, followed by a space and then the links. Please post the approximate price of the item if you know it. Example:

Transportation

The BugE Electric personal vehicle. Street legal in the USA. Sold in kit form for about $6.000 dollars form www.bugev.net... or $8.000 dollars if purchased as a completed unit from : www.harveyev.com...

edit on 1-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: corrected title

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here is another but for this example, a homemade device.

Residential Home

Soda Can Solar Powered Heater. This cool device that you can make for the price of just scavenging for free parts can heat a small garage to help keep the chill out or other small space.

Totaly free version: Claims "temperature differentials up to 120 degrees in full sun and up to about 80 degrees in a mixture of sun and clouds. "

blog.hemmings.com...

Almost free version, may have to pay for the glass. Claims of 152 degrees at 41 outside.

Or this Solar Heater you can build for about 100 bucks. This device reached a temp of 110 degrees F when it was 42 degrees F outside.

www.youtube.com...

The design came from here: www.youtube.com...

Come on guys, I know you see this thread, help me fill it up for the benefit of us all ! Thanks.

edit on 1-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Here is another but for this example, a homemade device.

Residential Home

Soda Can Solar Powered Heater. This cool device that you can make for the price of just scavenging for free parts can heat a small garage to help keep the chill out or other small space.

Totaly free version: Claims "temperature differentials up to 120 degrees in full sun and up to about 80 degrees in a mixture of sun and clouds. "

blog.hemmings.com...

Almost free version, may have to pay for the glass. Claims of 152 degrees at 41 outside.

Or this Solar Heater you can build for about 100 bucks. This device reached a temp of 110 degrees F when it was 42 degrees F outside.

www.youtube.com...

The design came from here: www.youtube.com...

Come on guys, I know you see this thread, help me fill it up for the benefit of us all ! Thanks.

edit on 1-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Ill give4 you a bunch this evening or tomorrow when I get on the other comp. bookmarks are there.
We did this can heater last yr.. lemme tell you this thing produced HEAT. Enough heat to melt siding on a garage.
We tweaked the design and attachment. Im going to get a few hens and wanted to use solar as heat in the winter for them.. just a test run this season to see how well I can regulate the heat
before I put anything living in it. used a reflective piece of sheet metal cover to stop the heat.. aka turn the can heater off..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I built a solar oven.. then changed the design.. now Im going to build a permanent solar oven and fire pit/outdoor cob oven sorta thing. This is similar to my second design.. its able to be moved to track the sun. These work. I like this vid because its from salvaged materials.
I like practical things that one can use to live and thrive.. not just a gadget or merely survive.

Sort of ther cob design Im going with next spring. There is a series of step by step for this. My plan is to do ALL of my cooking outdoors next yr.. for giggles. :

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Cool ideas. I may try one of those solar heaters!
I built a mini earth oven last year- it was a blast! I recommend this book it expains everything well. The authors suggest making a small one first, which is excellent advice.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks Advantage, awesome post !

new topics

top topics

join