It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal Widens, Becomes Criminal Matter in Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to disagree, because you are doing exactly what you said you wouldnt. Pointing to Acorn as an example, and then saying your not using it to excuse the behavior.

One key difference is at the same time the Dems where trying to be the Bastion of protecting voters by trying to deny voters the right to vote with Voter ID laws.

Really the Reps have screwed the pooch this entire the election, with every news story that comes out it seems like they are purposefully trying to screw up so that Obama wins.

Much like the Dems did with Kerry to ensure a two term the next election (which it looks like they are going to get)

I hate to say it but it looks like the strategy the Reps are going with is offering up a Dummy candidate, to throw the fight so We get a Two term Jeb Bush next election.

I think they figure another 4 years of Obama will ensure it, if you notice they are even making a heavy push for the senate to negate the Damage of a Dem president with a Rep senate.

Its all a game, and the Reps are retreating now to win in 4 years.

Your point is fair...and if that was the point of saying I was bickering.. Hm.. Okay, I missed that entirely.

I mentioned Acorn for one reason. It's the single best known, documented and adjudicated case of multi-state voter fraud in recent US History. It took a LONG time to react to...and as this thread shows, some still don't even know the details of what happened and decided in Federal and State Courts on the numerous cases. If anyone knows of another case that was 100% right based, I'll use it instead. Politics, beyond the fact they happen to be opposite here...and I'm guessing the radical difference in speed to react.....is rather secondary, isn't it?

Both cases had paid flunkies out working the street on orders of the bosses, doing what they're told to do or doing what they figure they can get away with. Heck, even the Salvation Army has bell ringers ripping them off every year. The fact this happens isn't what shocks.....or even matters. If it's handled QUICKLY...it doesn't matter because it's over and the employees sacked or prosecuted.

This struck me as odd because compared to voter fraud and outright vote related criminal cases, this comes with the speed of a thousand Cheetahs and I'm betting by the tone, moves on down the line that way too. Amazing how QUICKLY justice can come sometimes.......

Outside of the SPEED OF REACTION? Hell.....The ones behind this deserve to burn as hard as the few who went down over Acorn fraud. Every last one and up to Politicians if one actually had anything to do with 'worker bees' at this low a level at all.

Oh well...It's an election year, I suppose we ALL ought to expect this....since both sides are just as crooked and corrupt. Hell... Welcome to 2012, right? Maybe others have the right idea and just dropping off politics entirely for about 6 weeks is the only real solution right now. Reasonable discussion is getting damn hard to find. Here, elsewhere online or in the real world for that matter. Soooooo Polarized...everything is political.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RancorXXX

See my post. ACORN started in 1970. It has always been a left wing organizing apparatus and it's not limited to voting, although it seems to have concentrated an awful lot of energy on getting Barack voted in.

And let's see what Wade Rathke, the founder of ACORN is all about.

Rathke describes himself as a “professional organizer for over 35 years” who has “worked for and founded a series of organizations dedicated to winning social justice, workers rights, and a democracy where ‘the people shall rule.’”

the Cloward-Piven Strategy, formulated by Columbia University sociology professors Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. The strategy aims to implement the overthrow of capitalism by overwhelming the government with so many entitlement demands that the entire system crashes.

His first use of those skills was his organization of draft resistance for the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) after dropping out of Williams College in Massachusetts in the late ’60s. From there he moved onto a career with the NWRO (National Welfare Rights Organization)

despite advocating for job-killing, municipal budget-busting living wages that were often double the prevailing rates, ACORN was paying its own workers only $5.67 per hour. Furthermore, despite supporting “card check” for union organizing, which would have resulted in the elimination of secret ballots for workers, ACORN itself unlawfully blocked its own workers from organizing in 2003, according to the National Labor Relations Board.

www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net...

question for Obama supporters
Who fired ACORN after their fraudulent practices were discovered and made public?

Funny, that even Bloomberg is so partisan and pro Obama that they are suggesting that voting laws are dirty Unconstitutional tricks designed to target minorities, and they are whining about it in perfect tandem with all the Huffpo partisan hacks.

Then came Crawford v. Marion County, the 2008 case in which the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that mandatory photo-identification laws were constitutional on the basis of ballot protection

www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 1-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

15 people hired by ACORN to collect voter registration APPLICATIONS were prosecuted for voter registration fraud. These individuals, yes that counts for a lot in this story, took it upon themselves to lie and cheat their employers, instead of collecting actual applications they sat on their asses at home and filled them out themselves. ACORN flagged each application but by law are required to turn them in. In other words those fraudulent applications were caught because ACORN themselves flagged them. And wth does Occupy have to do with any of this? That was not nice or honest Wrabbit and you failed... badly.

ETA and as the OP posted in this thread comparing this to the ACORN cases is not exactly intellectually honest.

As I pointed out in a blog post earlier this year, Sproul's alleged activities were uniquely worrisome. “So the difference between ACORN and Sproul is that ACORN doesn’t throw away or change registration documents after they have been filled out,” remarked Chris Cannon, a Republican lawmaker from Utah, who later lost his seat because of a right-wing primary challenge, during a congressional hearing on voter suppression. Indeed, many voter registration groups (including ACORN) have paid per-registration form turned in, thus incentivizing fake signatures—i.e., Mickey Mouse registering to vote. But this type of thing doesn't actually result in fraudulent votes because Mickey Mouse doesn’t show up at the polls and try to cast a ballot. Destroying registration forms, on the other hand, means citizens who believed they were registered show up and could have been denied their vote.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
A Democrat majority Congress defunded ACORN.

This old article from 2009 by MSNBC still tries to blame it on Republicans.

updated 9/17/2009

Community organizing group has been ensnared in scandals

WASHINGTON — The House voted Thursday to deny all federal funds for ACORN in a GOP-led strike against the scandal-tainted community organizing group that comes just three days after the Senate took similar action.

"ACORN has violated serious federal laws, and today the House voted to ensure that taxpayer dollars would no longer be used to fund this corrupt organization," said second-ranked House Republican Eric Cantor of Virginia.

The vote, on a provision attached to a student aid bill, was 345-75, with Democrats supplying all the "no" votes.

On Monday the Senate voted 83-7 to deny housing and community grant funding to ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. .....

House votes to defund ACORN

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And now ACORN has "divested" apparently.

August 22, 2012

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now or ACORN famously came under fire a few years ago because its political affiliates engaged in electioneering and lobbying. There was also an embezzlement scandal, allegations of facilitating voter fraud and a notorious video sting by conservative provocateur James O’Keefe. The organization officially announced the closure of its offices in 2010 after losing government funding due to the controversies.

But that doesn’t mean it vanished from the landscape altogether. The nonprofit watchdog group Cause of Action published a list today of “still-active ACORN entities, ACORN allies, and rebranded ACORN organizations.”

The connections between these groups and the old ACORN groups include: having the same physical location, sharing leadership or staff or having the same tax ID number. “For some of these groups, all they did was legally change their name. Nothing else changed. The corporate structure, leadership and staff are the same,” said Karen Groen Olea, Cause of Action’s chief counsel......

Report: ACORN network still active under new names

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Is there ANY misconduct by the left we CAN discuss without *instant* fight around here? I mean, this was so well documented, reported and widespread, I'd have felt safe mentioning it. Silly me.....I forget myself and where I am sometimes.

I don't know, is there any misconduct by the right we can't discuss without people trying to downplay it with false equivalency? These crimes are not equal. The workers ACORN handed over for prosecution were cited for filing false applications because they got paid for every application they got. No actual person went to the polls and voted with those applications. Now, this case the OP has brought up is something else. People actually did fill out their own applications and this group would throw it away if they didn't register as GOP. So these people went to vote and found out they weren't registered to vote. Can you see how this is different? One group was actually defrauding their employer/government for money and the other was actually disenfranchising voters. . It's very different.
edit on 1-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can there be any federal-level action taken against the GOP because of this? As in, kicking them off the ballots, forcing the party to disband, anything like that? Because that's what should happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
Can there be any federal-level action taken against the GOP because of this? As in, kicking them off the ballots, forcing the party to disband, anything like that? Because that's what should happen.

I don't know, even if there was no one would do anything about it. The GOP makes up a large portion of said government.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

Maybe the U.S. Attorney General's office can.

But will they is another question.

Eric Holder is the Attorney general.

Write to him and see.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Is there ANY misconduct by the left we CAN discuss without *instant* fight around here? I mean, this was so well documented, reported and widespread, I'd have felt safe mentioning it. Silly me.....I forget myself and where I am sometimes.

I don't know, is there any misconduct by the right we can't discuss without people trying to downplay it with false equivalency? These crimes are not equal. The workers ACORN handed over for prosecution were cited for filing false applications because they got paid for every application they got. No actual person went to the polls and voted with those applications. Now, this case the OP has brought up is something else. People actually did fill out their own applications and this group would throw it away if they didn't register as GOP. So these people went to vote and found out they weren't registered to vote. Can you see how this is different? One group was actually defrauding their employer/government for money and the other was actually disenfranchising voters. . It's very different.
edit on 1-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

Well, if I'd suggested they were equal, you may have a point. As it happens, I never said equal. I have said, in NEITHER CASE....does it really matter much....IF they got it quickly and IF they got them ALL. In this case, it's a private contractor who has since been terminated in the contract. Future efforts or problems are a moot point. Entirely so.

Now, as it happens, I'm sorry I ever MENTIONED Acorn. You're absolutely right. Equivalency is justifying bad behavior by other bad behavior. While I wasn't justifying a thing....and in fact, said these people ought to burn for it, just as EVERYONE who has any part in voter fraud ought to.....the mere mention of that one name was enough to cloud and totally override anything else I've said on the matter, period. Point noted for future reference.

I suppose after this little experience I'll never 'let slide' another member comparing ANY act of ANY misconduct to ANYTHING done by others...either. Given just how frequent and common that is, I'll have some fun now. After all...before being held up and flogged for it here, I didn't feel I really had to right to ride anyone about moral equivalency arguments. Oh...how that's now changed. Thanks..and I shall not personally do this again. That's for sure. Lesson learned with prejudice. Indeed.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here it comes, they are crying foul and preparing for the inevitable.

Phony outrage out of desperation, most likely the result of this.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It does not take an IQ above 50 to see that voting in this country does not mean anything. Look at the 2000 election for christsake.

You can not rule an Empire with fair elections and parties. It's impossible. This country is an Empire. Just as Rome was. Get used to it

How are we an Empire?

-We have the most sophisticated army in the world.
-We have over 900 Military bases around the world.
-The Dollar, though not taxed directly, is the primary currency around the world.
-America's population makes up 5% of the world, yet consumes 15% of the worlds resources.

15%!

All Empires end. Rome had a good ride until it's economy tanked due to inflation and over spending for their Military. Gee, sound familiar?

This country is in 15 trillion dollars of debt (Probably higher btw) And we spend billions of dollars a week in this pointless dumb# war in the Middle East.

Ron Paul predicted the housing bubble, and now hes predicting the dollar crash.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, but you can't fix this # unless you get rid of Big Gov and the Federal Reserve. We had our chance with Ron Paul, but now were going to get a Totalitarian State once the dollar crashes. Obama will reign as High Chancellor and bring peace to the Galaxy.

I think I'm #ed. I don't have a house in the country to run off to and grow my own food. Looks like the only thing we can do is dig in, grab a rifle and hope for the best.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Kang69 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The truly funny part about this whole mess is the conservatives on here will still say that the Republican push for voter suppression is because they actually care about the protecting the vote. The other funny thing is that this is the party that has made stamping out voter fraud their mission leading up to the election.
reply to post by KeliOnyx

It goes along with their supposed monopoly on moral values, until they're caught with their hand in the cookie jar. The ID voter registration laws are also a sham to suppress the democratic vote. With all this voter registration fraud coming to light, you really have to ask yourself if Bush really was legitimately elected. NOT!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So basically all this whining of democratic vote fraud was really just a smokescreen while they ran their own fraud.

Way to go.

Idiots.

It`s the oldest trick in the book, divert attention from your misdeeds by pointing the finger and accusing others of doing exactly what you are doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If it has to do with politics or politicians I automatically assume it is corrupt at some level. I don't care what side it's on, they are all a bunch of crooks!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
^ That's basically the bottom line. I am surprised anyone is still surprised by any of this. Voting means absolutely nothing in this country and the winner puppet has already been chosen. It's also obvious that the winner puppet is Obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Voter fraud is a disgusting crime wich attacks the very foundation of our democracy. It should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law no matter who does it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I get very confused by your American voting system.

From reading this, basically the Republicans signed up people to vote, then threw away the registrations of the ones who wouldn't vote for them? Is that right?

Don't you have an electoral register or something? Why do people need to be signed up?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenforty4
^ That's basically the bottom line. I am surprised anyone is still surprised by any of this. Voting means absolutely nothing in this country and the winner puppet has already been chosen. It's also obvious that the winner puppet is Obama.

I like Glenn Beck's theory better.

Media makes it look like Obama is a dead cert, Romney wins, people shout 'Corruption, fraud and fix', chaos occurs and then NWO replacement steps in.

George Soros

'The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States...the rest of the world dances to the tune the United States is playing, and if that continues too long we are in danger of destroying our civilization. Changing the attitude and policies of the United States remains my top priority.'

Now that's a proper good conspiracy theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join