It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus meant for rabbit's causing Devil Tumors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Haha much of what else I wrote was incorrect?

Yes. This is what you said.

In 1996 the Rabbit Calicivirus or viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD) was deliberatly introduced to Tasmania to eliminate the states pest rabbit problem.

The problem here of course is that Devils eat dead rabbits and is probably one of their main food sources.

So now source VHD is responsible for the Devils' tumours. If you can't, what you said is wrong. From what research I did the Devil's tumours do NOT have a viral source.

The number one suspect in the cause of the DFTD disease is the Calcivirus IMO. Start vaccinating ASAP!

No, it's not. Do I need to send you the definition of wrong?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Haha much of what else I wrote was incorrect?

Yes. This is what you said.

In 1996 the Rabbit Calicivirus or viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD) was deliberatly introduced to Tasmania to eliminate the states pest rabbit problem.

The problem here of course is that Devils eat dead rabbits and is probably one of their main food sources.

So now source VHD is responsible for the Devils' tumours. If you can't, what you said is wrong. From what research I did the Devil's tumours do NOT have a viral source.

The number one suspect in the cause of the DFTD disease is the Calcivirus IMO. Start vaccinating ASAP!

No, it's not. Do I need to send you the definition of wrong?

Some viruses cause cancer by altering or changing the genetic makeup of your cells. They change it by adding or deleting a gene or a genetic material. This turns your healthy cells into cancerous cells.

My conclusions were made on the assumption that countless generations of mixo meat has altered the genetic make up of the devils. Which may or may not have caused the DFTD disease in the devils.

Thanks for trying to contribute

edit on 2-10-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Yes, and when a VIRUS is the cause then the cancer has a VIRAL component. The virus causes the cancer, the cancer itself is not contagious. That is simply not the case here. Is it possible a virus mutated and caused this cancer from a simple theoretical standpoint, yes, that can happen. What we would see is the virus causing this cancer though, and that is not the case.

I do thank you for the post though, I had never heard about this before and I love Devil's I think they are adorable in a they could easilly kill me and eat my face but I still want to hold one sort of way.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by phroziac
Who the # thinks its a good idea to invent a horrible disease to kill something as cute as rabbits? What the # is wrong with people? How many diseases have been invented to kill people?

If you have ever seen a rabbit plague in full swing, of which we have here in Australia on a regular basis, you will understand why something needed to be done to cull the population.

Rabbits, in plague proportions, can not only destroy crops but they also dig up the farmland for their burrows and eat all the livestock food. You can tell a rabbit plague has been through an area when all you can see if bare fields covered with dead or dying livestock and full of holes.

Originally posted by phroziacp
Thats what guns are for. Atleast if you shoot them, they die before they know what happened. Humane kill. But to let them suffer is evil.

Do you have any conceivable idea how many bullets that would take? You do realise PLAGUE PROPORTIONS means millions upon millions of rabbits don't you? For crying out loud mate, get real.
edit on 2/10/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

So lets use a nuclear bomb then

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

There is a MASSIVE difference between creating a virus to cull a feral rabbit population and the smashing together of 2 radioactive atoms to release a massive amount of energy in the form of a nuclear explosion.

But well done on the sensationalism though mate

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Unbelievable, what do they hope to accomplish by creating a virus for Rabbits? Rabbits aren't harmful, dangerous, they are just innocent animals. This is just horrible, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Human race.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

There is a MASSIVE difference between creating a virus to cull a feral rabbit population and the smashing together of 2 radioactive atoms to release a massive amount of energy in the form of a nuclear explosion.

But well done on the sensationalism though mate

I think he was being sarcastic.

There is also no real difference in the result, only the method selected. There's nothing humane about causing deliberate-internal-bleeding-leading-to-death, and your use of "feral" is rhetoric.

What's wrong with building fences to keep rabbits away from crops, or perhaps a sonar/frequency to ward them off agricultural areas? But no, hungry rabbits who become too populous are treated as expendable pests, and are painfully and deliberately destroyed by a sickening disease that only psychos would wish to befall an innocent creature.

I'd wish that disease on the sadists who spread it, nurtured it to potency in the labs, and upon everyone who applauded it's use.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They can easily give these animals hemp oil made from clarified butter with coconut oil. The cancer would easily stop due to the fact cannaoil causes apoptosis in infected cells and protects our healthy cells from free radicals.

Id use a strong indica like Cripple Creak.

These guys look like they are in bad shape and in tremendous pain.
Their nervous system is pretty much the same as ours.
So the effects are vice versa.

Sad to see them go through that.

Sad that no one listens.

Non-Toxic Non-Physically addicting medication with 0 deaths world wide.

What do they have to lose?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Wishing disease on ANYONE is cruel hearted. Makes you just as cruel as the ones who started it.

You'll understand one day when karma bites you for wishing it upon and then it backfires.

Good luck with Western medicine then..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join