It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad’s Cameraman Defects, Seeks Asylum in US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Bleh.. Israeli source on an article about Iran? Try again.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You do realize Iranians aren't prisoners in their country right? He could have moved out with paper work (like his family did) just as easily. There are Iranian Americans and Iranian Canadians that move freely between the countries (well they did before it got shut down on the west's end). This is a total propaganda story.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by beezzer

Good for the guy!!! But it brings to mind what he knows, has seen, has heard!

S&F

Exactly Beezer!! I mean think about it!! Would have to be something pretty serious to make you just up and leave the country!! Plus, I'M sure he was planning this well in advance! Not your everyday occurrence to take that kind of risk. My feeling is he knows what's about to go down!

We should take this WARNING very seriously!! Now, we know there will be virtually no mention of this in our media!
They are satisfied with Obama playing patti cake and calling Ahmadinejad charming!!

Guess something horrific has to happen to shake Obama's tree!!

15 exclamation marks and capitalisation notwithstanding, what was the warning again? I must have missed it in the article you linked to.

A man wanted to leave a country, did so when the chance came, and now he's aware of future events that we need to take seriously?

Is that right?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Why should we give him asylum.

Due to the distinct possibility that he would soon find himself in Evin Prison or one very much like it getting his teeth kicked in good style, flying him home would breach Article 3 of the UN Convention Against Torture.

treaties.un.org...

Article 3

1. No State Party shall expel, return (refouler) or extradite a person to another State where there are substantial grounds for believing that he would be in danger of being subjected to torture.

2. For the purpose of determining whether there are such grounds, the competent authorities shall take into account all relevant considerations including, where applicable, the existence in the State concerned of a consistent pattern of gross, flagrant or mass violations of human rights.

I'm sure that international law is something that all of us here consider very important indeed.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So.....what you're saying is, the cameraman for Iran's number one guy defects, so that must mean that Ahmadinejad is an evil egomaniac, so it is perfectly okay to launch a pre-emptive strike on them and blow the whole place to smithereens?

If you are not advocating for a pre-emptive strike, then what is the purpose of this thread? That Ahmadinejad is a mean guy?

With all the truly awful things occuring in this world, this to me has no real significance, other than more anti-Iran brainwashing. If there is an end point you are making with this thread, and I've missed it, feel free to correct me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Article 3 of the UN Convention Against Torture.
reply to post by Soshh

You mean the one the United States completely ignores, for reasons of "national security"?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Article 3 of the UN Convention Against Torture.
reply to post by Soshh

You mean the one the United States completely ignores, for reasons of "national security"?

Far be it from me to excuse any wrongdoing on the part of the US my good chum. It hasn't been completely ignored however as the US is actually party to that particular convention, unlike one other country which springs to mind. Should the US follow the UNCAT to the letter or not?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Bleh.. Israeli source on an article about Iran? Try again.

Bleh. Iranian source on article about Iran...No, it is not my job to convince you of anything....you
have free will my friend.
Frontline tehran bureau

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
So.....what you're saying is, the cameraman for Iran's number one guy defects, so that must mean that Ahmadinejad is an evil egomaniac, so it is perfectly okay to launch a pre-emptive strike on them and blow the whole place to smithereens?

If you are not advocating for a pre-emptive strike, then what is the purpose of this thread? That Ahmadinejad is a mean guy?

With all the truly awful things occuring in this world, this to me has no real significance, other than more anti-Iran brainwashing. If there is an end point you are making with this thread, and I've missed it, feel free to correct me.

No, you are saying this , not me. Not once did I ever mention anything you have said. You are correct Amadinejad is an egomaniac!!

The point is If his longtime camera man decides to oppose the regime that he has sworn allegiance to, common sense tells us, Iran's government will not be to happy about this. Because of his relationship with the regime, the man could not just leave of his own accord. After all, the word is regime...

Modern usage

While the word regime originates as a synomym for any form of government, modern usage often gives the term a negative connotation, like an authoritarian government or dictatorship. Webster's definition states that the word "regime" refers simply to a form of government [1], while Oxford English Dictionary defines regime as "a government, especially an authoritarian one" [2]. Nowadays the political use the word regime is most commonly[citation needed] applied to any government that is most of the time not democratically elected and impose strict and often arbitrary rules and laws on the people that are, because of the undemocratic nature of the government, non-negotiable.[citation needed]

If you are willing to put your life on the line and leave the only place you have ever known at home, then things at home must be pretty damn bad. Based on your post you must think this guy poops rainbows and sunshine! time to join the real world.

Pax

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I only wish we could remove all unfriendly people from power.
Lets call a spade a spade and stick with the facts.

Camera man leaves service of Ahmadinejad who is NOT A NICE GUY.

Facts:
1. people that are not nice are MEAN
2. Mean people hurt people
3. Nuclear weapons also hurt people
4. mean people are nuclear weapons!!!

or more concise
Mean people are the BOMB!

^^^ Did this post not add anything productive ^^^
As above so below

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHigherYou

Facts:

or more concise

As above so below

oh no, it added plenty!
Fact:
1. You post like a first grader, who is too unintelligent
to engage in a debate.
2. You are so insecure about your lack of knowledge regarding current events, you make weak attempts
to tear others down in order to build yourself up.
3. Posts like yours are a cry for attention. So sad....
4. As long as you hear yourself speak....."it's all good"

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by TheHigherYou

Facts:

or more concise

As above so below

oh no, it added plenty!
Fact:
1. You post like a first grader, who is too unintelligent
to engage in a debate.
2. You are so insecure about your lack of knowledge regarding current events, you make weak attempts
to tear others down in order to build yourself up.
3. Posts like yours are a cry for attention. So sad....
4. As long as you hear yourself speak....."it's all good"

Ill play your game

A camera man seeking asylum in the US is hardly evidence to deem the Iran situation "dire".
It speaks to the camera mans specific situation, not the US & Iranian situation.

Using this article as proof that the Iranian situation is DIRE is pure conjecture. And doesn't lead to a full understanding of anything. Bring some facts that add something, wait till the story is flushed out and we "actually" find out what the camera man knows.

This is a polarizing us vs them, good vs evil approach and the only thing it ever does is obfuscate reason and any hope of coming to the actual truth of the matter.

My previous post was a slightly trolling satire on taking leaps and bounds with loosely based facts.
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheHigherYou because: my poor first grade grammar

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by all2human

Cause Iran is not the lovey dovey country that so many people claim it to be?

Good chance.
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yes, thats exactly why !

You neocons and Israel boot lickers sure know how to spin things to suit your agenda. Let me guess, your big idol is either Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck ? You make conclusions same way they do, without any proof what so ever.

Yvone Ridley, a BBC reporter en.wikipedia.org... on 28 September 2001, was captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan whilst working for the Sunday Express. She was released few weeks later. Yvone Ridley converted to Islam in the summer of 2003.

So by following your logic, the Taliban arent the bad guys that so many people claim them to be, afterall, Yvone converted to Islam after she was held captive by those woman - abusing and gay-beheading extremists, right ?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

O'Dwyer said his client had been asked to do things by the Iranian presidential delegation that he had refused to do, and was concerned about what would happen upon returning to Iran, which prompted his defection.

"There were demands made on him by the presidential detail while he was here to do things that he did not want to do. He was obviously very, very concerned about what the repercussions to him would be when he went back to Iran for disobeying those orders."

O'Dwyer said his client's wife and two young children have left Iran, as well.

www.greenfieldreporter.com...

Maybe Ahmadinejad's detail wanted him to take pics of the inside of the U.N. headquarters building for future reference.

Ahmadinejad did a pretty good job of bashing the U.N. while he was here.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So 1 Iranian asked to stay in the US, so Iran is Evil...

Last Year , over 34000 Americans Immagrated to Canada alone, the US must be Hell on Earth. ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 2-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: Linky

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Did you even read what you posted? That is NOT an Iranian source. PBS and it's Tehran Bureau aren't Iranian, actually they start the article with this disclaimer:

Press Roundup provides a selected summary of news from the Farsi and Arabic press and excerpts where the source is in English. Tehran Bureau has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy. Any views expressed are the authors' own.

I am not saying he didn't defect, but all this spin that's put on it is absurd. You are just as guilty with this thread. What if he is defecting not because he doesn't like it in Iran, but because he.. you know.. out of fear that Israel and the US might start dropping bombs on people aimlessly (which has seems to be the method in other countries) ?
edit on 3-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Flipping and fleeing is all about timing. This was Ahma´s last trip to NYC, so to get the benefit of defection it had to be now, when USA might believe the cameraman knows anything meaningful.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I used to work with an Iranian girl who had moved here only a few years before and she was constantly astounded at how the media and governments portrayed Iran. She said they couldn't be more wrong if they tried - yes, Iran has it's issues like any other country but she said the BS we get fed from the media is just that, BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Thanks for the link.

Nowhere does it say Ahmadinejad was responsible for his seeking asylum.

It wasn’t immediately clear when the Iranian defected or his current whereabouts.

Also, it's an Israeli source.

Right, people seek asylum because theyre not running scared

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join