It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad’s Cameraman Defects, Seeks Asylum in US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I just hope the guy finds what he's looking for.

Think he has according to:

The next day, Ahmadinejad and the 140-strong delegation departed from the posh Warwick Hotel in midtown. They split after members of his entourage loaded up shampoo, shoes, soap, vitamins and other items in short supply at home because of the economic sanctions the West has imposed on Iran to curb their nuclear ambitions. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

He wanted clean sheets, and a shower.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well this article calls him a dictator when in reality he was voted in democratically, or at least the same way Obama or Bush were voted in

and 2, this article is talking about Ahmedinejad spending a few nights in a posh hotel, like Obama and all he other presidents and kings spend their nights in three star hotels going at $20 a night.

rest of the article is hogwash nonesense, title has nothing to do with the article

oh wait, its the dailymail, the same source that was trying to tell us that the bankers are evil guys and the politicians are the good guys trying to give money back to the public. pfft

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

So was Saddam,Assad, and Putin people love to go around calling Dictators "democratically elected", but seriously legitimate elections win by narrow margins.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Like Gore vs Bush?
imo there are no free/fair elections,it's all put in trust into the very people that openly lie to us..
besides has anyone considered this man was forced to defect? keeping in mind he and his family will be marked for life,and he will spend most of his near future in an empty room,sometimes the grass isn't greener.
edit on 1-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
besides has anyone considered this man was forced to defect? keeping in mind he and his family will be a marked for life,sometimes the grass isn't greener.

Yup...

What does that say about the people doing the "Marking" simply because the guy wanted to live elsewhere...?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Is that so?

Then go tell all those Assad, and Ahmedinjad defenders their leaders were not democratically elected.

Ahmads cameraman said buh bye now I wonder why that is?

Cause Iran is not the lovey dovey country that so many people claim it to be?

Good chance.
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Same goes both ways i'm afraid,if a US soldier defected or somebody with sensitive information,he/she would be 'marked' too,there is no doubt in my mind..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Same goes both ways i'm afraid,if a US soldier defected or somebody with sensitive information,he/she would be 'marked' too,there is no doubt in my mind..

You have just now twisted this all the way around.

He wasn't a soldier but a cameramen and implied that his family would be marked because of it.

Of course a soldier would be marked and his family would be scrutinized if the soldier was active in sensitive information etc.

Apples and Oranges

Nice try though

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It's not out of the realm of possibility that this guy was forced to defect,and i didn't twist anything around..apples and oranges are still fruit

And i hate to break it to you Neo,the US isn't so lovey-dovey either,i won't compare the two..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We need to attack now! My God somebody defected from Iran, it must be really super seriously bad, the things he must have seen and heard as a government PHOTAGRAPHER! Propaganda at its finest.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Tell me Pax, what country has Iran invaded in the last 200 years?

*que Jeopardy theme song*

What has Israel done? I don't know, 3 false flags against the US; The Lavon Affair, USS liberty and 9/11.

Still killing thousands in Gaza, and now want us to invade a peaceful country. Not only that, Israel is one of the most dangerous places for an Orthodox Jew to live in the Zionist regime called Israel.

I'm starting to get REAL tired of this pro Israel war mongering # on this website. It's as if this site turned into a cnn message board.

Jesus Christ take some shrooms and open your eyes!

Man this rabbi is pretty damn anti-Semitic isn't he?

What is wrong with you people? I'm not going to go as far as shill, but you have to be a complete moron to think that Iran is a war mongering terrorist state. It's the complete opposite.

And yes, Ahmadinejad is a badass and a scholar.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Could this be the pretext to war the Obama administration needs to run a bombing campaign on Iran?

If A'Jahd cameraman says so...then by God it must be true.

.....psssss....It looks good in the papers!

Its most likely propaganda......

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
For those of you thinking Ahmaddinejad is not "that bad, actually rather charming", perhaps this article will shed new light.

I believe the situation is more dire than American's realize and certainly worse than our inept media portrays. What could be so horrible to force one to leave their country, home and job. Perhaps the rogue Iranian Pres. Is not as friendly as many of you think!

Just think about this for a moment......

Thanks for your time,
Pax

timesofisrael
edit on 10/1/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

There is no nation, no national leader, as friendly as any of us think.

Any of us.

Any of us.

Even the leaders themselves.

May we have mercy + wisdom on ourselves, including our unfriendly leaders at home and abroad.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

yet so many people will eat it up..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Anyone could be giving him money and assylum to claim that.....I have heard more substantial evidence to the contrary coming from A'Jahd himself then some unknown cameraman.

Also A'Jahd is a very smart guy.....

Our puppet wolves in sheeps clothing leaders can't articulate their phoniness.....as well as A'Jahd.......which shows me he doesn't provide lip sevice he actually thinks about what he says.

I don't think a villan in history cared enough to bring about such valid points in the name of political expediency

Thats my 2 cents...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Why should we give him asylum. It's not Americas job to take in everyone that wants to leave their homeland. If he wants to come here let him file the paperwork and do it the legal way like thousands of others do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Imo Your two cents goes a long way

Smart guy indeed with high expectations,but limited options, he hasn't provided the kind of lip service the west desires,but nor did Saddam..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Two things about the cameraman.

He suspects US and Israel will soon destroy any good life in Iran, so he is saving
his butt and his family (they already left Iran)

Or he is a traitor for traitor sake

OR he could even be Iranian ploy of some sort to give disinformation to US government

Don't put it past the Iranians, they aren't as stupid as we think

edit on 2-10-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is the latest on Golkanbhan, the camera man seeking asylum in the US.

New York (CNN) - A cameraman who accompanied Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to New York for the U.N. General Assembly has applied for asylum in the United States, and "he's afraid to return to Iran," his attorney said Monday.

New York City-based lawyer Paul O'Dwyer, who said he is working with U.S. authorities on behalf of Hassan Golkanbhan, said his client is afraid of persecution because of his perceived political beliefs.

"He's perceived as not being a supporter, or being an opponent of the Iranian regime," O'Dwyer said. "Somebody who has betrayed the regime and who can no longer be trusted by them."

Now can you blame this man? If anything I applaud his effort. It is no secret what has happened to the Iranian journalists that cross the regime. They are imprisoned or executed.

So now one needs to invade another country to be classified as terrorist threat?
Forget that the leader of a country threatens total annihilation and genocide to its much smaller neighboring country.

Just checking, want to make sure I've got my facts straight and this is not just an opinion. (Sarcasm)
CNN.com
Pax

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join