It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China rushes to build a new generation of mega-dams as thirst for power grows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted as the search didn't yield any threads. I can definitely see the quest but some of the comments from engineers are not encouraging. The comments point to the EQ prone regions and the construction of new dams.

China is rushing to build a new generation of super-dams on its rivers. The Daily Telegraph was the first Western news organisation to be given access to one of these mega-projects in Yunnan province....
Following the completion of the Three Gorges dam in 2005, Beijing appeared to shy away from approving new hydroelectric "mega-projects" amid concerns about the environmental and human cost and the safety of building dams in earthquake-prone regions.

But campaigners say the race for China's rivers is now gaining momentum once again, as authorities battle to meet soaring energy demand while simultaneously slashing carbon emissions by making 15 per cent of its energy "clean" by 2020.
LINK
Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I saw 2012, I know it's really the ship building project... lol

On a serious note, pretty sure their dam daming, is going to cause some natural issues, and think about this, is it really for power, or is it for water?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Moneyisgodlifeisrented

For water.

You can produce large-scale electricity using energy from antimatter which is developed in Geneva.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My thoughts? I'm wondering how many people will be steamrolled for the property. Anyways in my opinion, the more you reroute and manipulate natures processes, the more it will kick back.
"15% of it's energy clean by 2020"
What progress we are making..

new topics

top topics

join