It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese hackers break in to White House network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I keep reading about such attacks originating from several countries. I wonder what steps the WH or the Security agencies are implementing to counter the threat in addition to same old rhetorics about implementing the Internet Kill Switch or considering cyber attack on government networks as act of war.

Chinese hackers break in to White House military office network in charge of the president’s nuclear football...Hackers linked to China’s government broke into one of the U.S. government’s most sensitive computer networks, breaching a system used by the White House Military Office for nuclear commands, according to defense and intelligence officials familiar with the incident.

One official said the cyber breach was one of Beijing’s most brazen cyber attacks against the United States and highlights a failure of the Obama administration to press China on its persistent cyber attacks.

LINK

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wont that be seen as an act of war against the USA?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

Yes, but I would think this isn't something we should just trust out of hand. It's meant to put fear in you. They hacked into something that deals with Nuclear weapons?? Holy f... Right?

We gotta fix this!

How do we fix this mr government??

"Well we just thought of this 500 page bill last night, and here's what will do. We will make it safe for America."

Meanwhile The president phones China.. "Ok guys you know the next phase right?"
"oh yes we're on it.. should just be a few days out."
"good and the Ferret broke out of the cage in Russia?"
"It's all on schedule."
"ok"

No more free internet
It's Too dangerous...

...To the powers that deceive...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This is not going to turn out good at all, To many times have hackers gained access to government networks.. Not long before the US respond with a carefully planned media propaganda against hacking and cyber attacks. Obamas puppet strings will start twitching at this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

highlights a failure of the Obama administration to press China on its persistent cyber attacks.

More like it highlights a failure of the Obama administration to learn to secure its most sensitive networks.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is another article about this White House hack...and it has quite a different spin on the story.

Link: www.newser.com...

Edit: Also I am wondering if this hack is a retaliation...because Chinese business people were blocked from owning and building recently in Oregon.

edit on 1-10-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

Yes, but I would think this isn't something we should just trust out of hand. It's meant to put fear in you. They hacked into something that deals with Nuclear weapons?? Holy f... Right?

We gotta fix this!

How do we fix this mr government??

"Well we just thought of this 500 page bill last night, and here's what will do. We will make it safe for America."

Meanwhile The president phones China.. "Ok guys you know the next phase right?"
"oh yes we're on it.. should just be a few days out."
"good and the Ferret broke out of the cage in Russia?"
"It's all on schedule."
"ok"

No more free internet
It's Too dangerous...

...To the powers that deceive...

Yeah, this sucks.. But I like to think it is something the WH will use to its advantage.. It could be, you know, the way that female Russian spy on the Avengers 2 movie allowed herself to get caught in the beginning. You get captured to get information, we allow you to hack and we restrict the hack, you know, you hack the WH, but truly you are in a virtual cloud/trap that the WH totally controls.. Then just imagine what one could do? Eh..what are the chances?

edit on 1-10-2012 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
so hackers that are good enough to break into military networks actually left a note saying they were there and who they were? im calling bull on this one. most good hacks you never know it even happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112

Yeah, this sucks.. But I like to think it is something the WH will use to its advantage..

You like to think that?
That's the VERY thing I was warning about as being bad, not good. I sometimes think China, Russia, USA, are all going into the future as undercover allies... My post was clear enough, but it's funny half my posts with even a slight bit of humor are completely misunderstood..

I'm in the "fake alien invasion(or something else) may be used to unite the world into facing one common enemy/disaster... and an NWO is born", crowd so you know.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by syrinx2112

Yeah, this sucks.. But I like to think it is something the WH will use to its advantage..

You like to think that?
That's the VERY thing I was warning about as being bad, not good. I sometimes think China, Russia, USA, are all going into the future as undercover allies... My post was clear enough, but it's funny half my posts with even a slight bit of humor are completely misunderstood..

I'm in the "fake alien invasion(or something else) may be used to unite the world into facing one common enemy/disaster... and an NWO is born", crowd so you know.
edit on 10/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

At this very moment, yes I like to think that. It pisses me off that China did this. So no, I don't like to think of my country being hacked... The point is on the fact of the matter, the WH was possibly hacked and possibly from China... And I was on the "receiving" end of your post, if your post is not what you meant then, well.. you know..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Iran wiped off the face of the Earth! : Sorry world! We did not do it! Our computers were hacked!

join