It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a "Muslim"

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I just love how these guys keep referring to Wikipedia as their sources. I never use Wikipedia because the facts and information contained therein are not always accurate. But since they love using Wikipedia, I will too now, but only here in this thread.

We all know the Strait of Hormuz is located in the Persian Gulf, nothing exciting there. But considering the name Hormuz itself, one begins to wonder why it is called just such a name. You would think the Muslim scholars would erase references to other gods, but alas, they did not.

Hormuz is another name for Ahura Mazda. A prayer to Ahura Mazda

Since He is (the One) to be chosen by the world therefore the judgment emanating from truth himself (to be passed) on the deeds of good thought of the world as well as the power, is committed to Mazda Ahura whom (people) assign as a shepherd to the poor.

Hmm, where else do we see that? Oh yes, the Quran.

Manifestation of God: Another unique characteristic of the Wise One, is that He communicates and manifests himself to mortals through His own ethical attributes, which are a part of His being, yet can be shared in by mortals if they so choose. This means that men and women can choose to be Asha-like (Righteous) or Vohu Manah-like (with a benevolent Good Mind), or any of the other of God's own essences. What a loving God! He gives mankind His own attributes to progress and evolve towards perfection!

Hmm, we see that borrowed in the Quran as well.

And surprise...Muhammed's favorite was Aisha, which means truth, correct? Well here is the concept and name..

in accord with God's Ultimate Truth (Asha). In Song 8:7 of the Gathas we further gather how this enlightenment came to Zarathushtra: "I realized You, God Wise, when I was encircled by enlightenment through good mind, and it asked: Who are you? To whom do you belong? How would you, in these days of questioning, explain the directives to the living and to yourself?" (Gathas: Song 8:7)

God's ultimate truth is Asha, pronounced as Aisha and has the same meaning. Imagine that.

Another borrowed verse in the Quran

Zoroaster describes Ahura Mazdā in a series of rhetorical questions: "Who established the course of the Sun and stars?… Who feeds and waters the plants?… What builder created light and darkness? … Through whom does exist dawn, noon and night?" (Yasna 44, 4-6).

What? Zoroaster wrote that a long time before?

Surah 13:2 It is Allah who erected the heavens without pillars that you [can] see; then He established Himself above the Throne and made subject the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. He arranges [each] matter; He details the signs that you may, of the meeting with your Lord, be certain.

So how is this a revelation from allah when that word was already printed a thousand years before?

What we see is this, whoever wrote the Quran borrowed a lot of things from everywhere and passed it off as revelation. There is no revelation.

And just something to throw out there...in Hebrew, the word for mouse is ak'bar. Just sayin'. When Muslims say that Arabic is based in Aramaic, a semitic language...and then say Allah is the word for God, then when a Hebrew speaker hears Allahu Akhbar.. does that mean Allah is a mouse?

The mouse that roared. interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Oh, so you ARE just throwing about random stuff and hoping something sticks? You've run out of anything of any value to say now? Anyone remember what the original topic of this thread was?

The idea that the Zoroastrians may have at one time worshipped the One True God doesn't bother me at all. You seem to be expending an odd amount of effort to bring that to my attention, though..

Don't quite see your point. Are you claiming that God would NOT be the ultimate judge, and that God would be omnipotent? That God would not be the one who created light and dark and set the course of the sun and stars? Because your scriptures disagree with you there. Or did the Bible borrow from Zoroastrianism as well?

Originally posted by WarminIndy
And surprise...Muhammed's favorite was Aisha, which means truth, correct? Well here is the concept and name..
God's ultimate truth is Asha, pronounced as Aisha and has the same meaning. Imagine that.

Errr...no. "Aisha" is the feminine form of "Living" or "Alive", which could be taken to mean "womanly" or "She is alive". "Truth" in arabic would be "Haq".
And sorry to...burst your bubble (but no idea how you built it up in the first place), but "Asha" is pronounced "Asha". And Aisha is pronounced Aisha. They're not pronounced the same at all, nor do they share any etymology. "Aisha" has a semitic origin. Look up the word "woman" in the old testament. See what is used. "Isha" (Aleph-Shin-Het). Imagine that! Hebrew must've been taken from Persian!
....or maybe they're not related at all.

And just something to throw out there...in Hebrew, the word for mouse is ak'bar. Just sayin'. When Muslims say that Arabic is based in Aramaic, a semitic language...and then say Allah is the word for God, then when a Hebrew speaker hears Allahu Akhbar.. does that mean Allah is a mouse?

Sorry to disappoint you, but "mouse" in Hebrew is Ayin-kaf-bet-resh. "Akbar" isn't spelt with an ayin. It is spelt with an aleph. And the root (k-b-r), meaning big, is shares the same triconsonantal in hebrew (rachab), that is used throughout the Bible to mean "big".

Got any more random nonsense to throw?
edit on 15-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Errr...no. "Aisha" is the feminine form of "Living" or "Alive". "Truth" in arabic would be "Haq".
And sorry to...burst your bubble (but no idea how you built it up in the first place), but "Asha" is pronounced "Asha". And Aisha is pronounced Aisha. They're not pronounced the same at all. Imagine that!

Sorry to disappoint you, but "mouse" in Hebrew is Ayin-kaf-beth-resh. "Akbar" isn't spelt with an ayin. It is spelt with an aleph. And the root, "kabeer" meaning big, is shares the same triconsonantal in hebrew (r-k-b), that is used throughout the Bible to mean "big".

Got any more random nonsense to throw?

Aww, you mean you can't follow random? And yes, do you want to see where I got all that information?
Hebrew and Arabic Nothing I say is random, you just can't quite grasp it yet.

I don't make this stuff up.

As far as Aisha is concerned...that is merely one of the meanings.
Aisha

And this is her middle name placed on her later...

The meaning of Siddiqa or Siddiqua is Witness to the Truth. And/or: Foremost believer in the Word of God. It is an Arabic name given to Mary (Maryam), mother of Jesus in the Qur'an by Allah because she was a believer in the Word of God. It is also the title given to Aisha (wife of the prophet Muhammad).

What was that? Haq means truth? But clearly Siddiqua means truth.

Why then is it also linked to the moon goddess?

Aisha a(i)-sha as a girl's name is pronounced ah-EE-shah, AY-shah. It is of Arabic origin, and the meaning of Aisha is "alive and well". Also possibly means "life" in Swahili. Aisha was a wife of the prophet Muhammad. The name is also linked to the moon goddess.

If Arabic were indeed only from Aramaic of which Hebrew also derives...Chava means life.

Chava ch(a)-va as a girl's name is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Chava is "life". Hebrew form of Eve.

Hmm, doesn't seem to be so Aramaic, now does it?

The kalam al-ʿArab is the language of Arabs.

The proper name Arab or "Arabian" (and cognates in other languages) has been used to translate several different but similar sounding words in ancient and classical texts which do not necessarily have the same meaning or origin. The etymology of the term is of course closely linked to that of the place name "Arabia". Grunebaum, in his book Classical Islam said that an approximate translation is "passerby" or "nomad".[1]

Dr. Ghali Alif, Lam, Mim. (Theses are three letters of the Arabic alphabet and only Allah Knows their meaning here)

The name aleph is derived from the West Semitic word for "ox", and the shape of the letter derives from a Proto-Sinaitic glyph based on a hieroglyph F1 which depicts an ox's head. In Modern Standard Arabic, there is a word أليف /ʔaliːf/ which literally means "tamed" or "coy", derived from the root |ʔ-l-f| from which the past tense verb آلَفَ /ʔaːlafa/ means to "to coy". This has sometimes been connected with the name of alif in folk etymology.[citation needed] In modern Hebrew, the same root t |ʔ-l-f| (alef-lamed-pe) gives "me'ulaf", the passive participle of the verb "le'alef", and means trained (when referring to pets) or tamed (when referring to wild animals); the IDF rank of Aluf, taken from an Edomite title of nobility, is also cognate.[clarification needed]

Alif means a tame ox, how could Allah be unaware of that?

Lamed or Lamedh is the twelfth letter in many Semitic abjads, including Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew Lamed ל and Arabic alphabet Lām ل. Its sound value is [l]. The Phoenician letter gave rise to the Greek Lambda
(Λ), Latin L, and Cyrillic Л.

Mem (also spelled Meem or Mim) is the thirteenth letter of many Semitic abjads, including Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew מ and Arabic mīm م. Its value is [m]. The Phoenician letter gave rise to the Greek Mu (Μ), Etruscan M 𐌌, Latin M, and Cyrillic М.

Now tell me how Chava and Aisha are the same word if it comes from the same language?

edit on 10/15/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Aww, you mean you can't follow random? And yes, do you want to see where I got all that information?
Hebrew and Arabic Nothing I say is random, you just can't quite grasp it yet.

Errr..Everything you say is random half-remembered accusations. This thread is about Jesus being muslim....not been discussed by you in a while. Your last post was about the meaning of "aisha" and "akbar". Before that you were claiming that people in the middle east in Muhammad's time didn't know what a pen was, and before that you were talking about "imam opinions" and "Ka'aba of Zoroaster" (remember that absurd accusation?
).

And you are seriously giving me the meaning of the name "Aisha" from a website that tells me that in my past life I was a builder of houses, temples, cathedrals in Philippines approximately in 700? At least you're moving up in the quality of your sources, I suppose
Her name was Aisha. "Siddiqah" was a title bestowed upon her. It means "Truthful", not "Truth". Also, if you'll notice, "Siddiqah" is not "Asha" either, nor was it her middle name. Do I really need to tell you this?
And you're seriously debating the hebrew with me?! This is hilarious. Did I say anything at all about the word "Life" in Hebrew? I was talking about "womanly", which is the fundamental understanding of the term.
Aleph-Shin-Het
For comparison, the male (or gender neutral term used to refer to mankind, as opposed to God):
Alif-Yod-Shin
It is the UNESCAPABLE conclusion that if you are going to ascribe any absurdity like "moon-goddess" to the term "Aishah", you'll have to apply that to every instance of the term "woman" in the Old Testament.
I'd suggest getting a better source for learning semitic linguistics than 2 teenage girls joking around in a video.

Alif means a tame ox, how could Allah be unaware of that?

Ohohoh, what wonderful leaps of logic one is able to make when one doesn't read what one linked themselves. The semitic letter aleph is derived from the word for ox, so the letter means "ox"? You must be a MASTER logician!
By the way, the thing you quoted (alif-lam-mim) was an example of muqatta'at, letter combinations found in the beginning of surahs. That is IF you care at all about the content of your random spoutings, and aren't just throwing things around and hoping they'd stick. And yes, many are of the opinion that only God knows their meanings. Not sure how you jumped from something that said "only Allah knows their meanings" to "Allah is unaware of that"...perhaps your awesome reading comprehension at play.

Err...if you actually DO have a reading comprehension problem, please do tell, I'd feel terrible about continuously calling you out on it if you did... Is english your first language? You're not a child or teenager, are you?

edit on 15-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You still have not proven that Jesus was a Muslim. You see Bab, all you have done is justify the imams and scholars of what they want you to believe. It's very easy for me to post anything and you have to scramble to read it and try to debunk it.

The Ka'aba of Zoroaster is a cube, yes. So let me ask this, if the ka'aba was nothing more than a fire temple, then why is it allowed to remain the center of what was pagan worship? Tell me that? Why are there mosques everywhere else, even a mosque where the temple at Jerusalem stood, why is the pagan building allowed to stand even though it represents Zoroastrianism? Have you ever thought of that?

The reason it is important is because Muhammed claimed Abraham built the Ka'aba. But Abraham lived prior to Zoroastrianism. He lived about 2018 BC. That would put him living about 4,000 years ago. Abraham was from Ur of Chaldea. The ka'abas in Persia are only about 2,500 years old. Which can only mean, Abraham could not have built any ka'aba. How old is the one in Mecca?

You thought it was random, you went scrambling to debunk me and yet you failed to catch on to the most important thing, Abraham had nothing to do with the ka'aba. But then you will say, "no, Adam built it first". Can you show me any evidence Adam was even at Mecca? That's a pretty big claim to make. Adam was most likely in southern Iraq, not anywhere near Mecca. But then you would say the black rock was put there by Adam.

Adam was never in Mecca, and if he were, then he must have been alive a very long time. Abraham lived long before the oldest ka'aba. But the ones in Persia are far older than the one in Mecca.

The word Kaaba came from the Tamil Language which originated around 1700BC. In Tamil Nadu Kabaalishwaran temple is Lord Shiva’s temple and Kabaali refers to Lord Shiva.

The word ka'aba has been used a very long time, before Muhammed. Why do Muslims keep the pagan shrine but have mosques everywhere else?

Muhammed ripped off a lot of religions by claiming Allah gave him revelation. What was the revelation, that all religions before him were correct? If that is the case then why kill them? Why kill the pagans if he were doing the same things?

The Shiva Lingam is also called Sanghey Ashweta. The pedestal Maqam-E-Ibrahim at the centre of the Kaaba is octagonal in shape. In Hinduism, the pedestal of Brahma the creator is also octagonal in shape. Muslim pilgrims visiting the Kaaba temple go around it seven times. In no other mosque does the circumambulation occur. Hindus invariably circumambulate or Pradakshina, around their deities. This is yet evidence that the Kaaba shrine is a pre-Islamic. In Shiva temples Hindus always practice circumambulation or Pradakshina. Just as in Hinduism, the custom of circumambulation by muslim pilgrims around the entire Kaaba building seven times shows that the claim that in Islam they don’t worship stones is not true.

In Shiva temples, they do the same thing as Muslims, but they worship Brahma. He is the Creator god of the Hindus. Muslims still use several things as the Hindus do, the prayer beads and the Book and gold decorative everywhere.

The crescent moon is the symbol of Shiva as well

Crescent moon: (The epithets "Chandrasekhara/Chandramouli")- Shiva bears on his head the crescent moon.[71] The epithet Candraśekhara (Sanskrit: चन्द्रशेखर "Having the moon as his crest" - candra = "moon"; śekhara = "crest, crown")[72][73][74] refers to this feature. The placement of the moon on his head as a standard iconographic feature dates to the period when Rudra rose to prominence and became the major deity Rudra-Shiva.[75] The origin of this linkage may be due to the identification of the moon with Soma, and there is a hymn in the Rig Veda where Soma and Rudra are jointly implored, and in later literature, Soma and Rudra came to be identified with one another, as were Soma and the moon.[76] The crescent moon is shown on the side of the Lord's head as an ornament. The waxing and waning phenomenon of the moon symbolizes the time cycle through which creation evolves from the beginning to the end. Since the Lord is the Eternal Reality, He is beyond time

The moon is a revered symbol to Muslims, it is the continuation of all the religions before who worshiped deities symbolized by the moon. Allah is merely one name out of a hundred. The one you choose to believe is one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You still have not proven that Jesus was a Muslim. You see Bab, all you have done is justify the imams and scholars of what they want you to believe. It's very easy for me to post anything and you have to scramble to read it and try to debunk it.

I don't need to prove it. It was already proved in the original post. Did you read the original post? Again with imams and scholars...you really seem obsessed with them...I don't need them to justify my beliefs, sorry. Yes, I am sure it is very easy for you to post nonsense. PAUL WAS REPTILIAN! CRUCIFIXION WAS A PAGAN SACRIFICIAL RITUAL! See? I can do it too. And sure, I am responding to your points. Are you suggesting that your points aren't worthy of response? It is pretty easy for me to debunk most of the nonsense you post, so don't worry.

The Ka'aba of Zoroaster is a cube, yes. So let me ask this, if the ka'aba was nothing more than a fire temple, then why is it allowed to remain the center of what was pagan worship?

Yes? I made no such statement. It would be patently false. The Ka'aba of Zoroaster isn't a cube at all. It is almost twice as tall as it is wide. Do you know what a cube is? If you want to get exactly technical and specific, the Ka'aba isn't a cube either, but at 11mx13.1mx12.8m, at least it is trying, and you could generally claim it is a cube. Much closer than the 7.25x7.25x12.5 of the Kaaba of Zoroaster.
The structure in Iran is most likely a royal tomb, not a fire temple. Did you even read the link I provided on it? It wasn't a centre of pagan worship at all. You're still trying to associate and combine all these structures together with the Ka'aba in Mecca when sorry, they're not related at all.

But then you will say, "no, Adam built it first". Can you show me any evidence Adam was even at Mecca? That's a pretty big claim to make. Adam was most likely in southern Iraq, not anywhere near Mecca. But then you would say the black rock was put there by Adam.

Adam was never in Mecca, and if he were, then he must have been alive a very long time.

Hahahahhahahahahhahahah...you want me to show evidence that Adam was at Mecca? You claim he was most likely in Southern Iraq?!
My "evidence" would be the Islamic scriptures. Your "evidence" would be the Christian or Hebrew scriptures (although I'd love to see where you got the idea that it was Southern Iraq). There is no other evidence at all on the existence of Adam.

But the ones in Persia are far older than the one in Mecca.

The word Kaaba came from the Tamil Language which originated around 1700BC. In Tamil Nadu Kabaalishwaran temple is Lord Shiva’s temple and Kabaali refers to Lord Shiva.

The one in Persia wasn't a ka'aba at all. Did you read what I linked? And I'm sorry, you're just posting more nonsense (It would show a little more integrity if you actually linked to where you quote from. But then it'd show the ridiculously unscholarly sources). There is no word "kaaba" in the Tamil language. The tamil language doesn't even have a "b". Kapaali (கபாலி) is the Tamil rendition of Kapaalin, one of the Rudras of Rudra-Shiva, but that word is completely unrelated to "ka'aba", and any such connection wouldn't make any sense at all. Ka-paa-li becomes ka-'-ba? Besides, etymology and linguistics once again prove you wrong. Ka'aba comes from kaf-ayin-be, meaning "cube" (also where the english word comes from). Are you suggesting the 9th Rudra of Rudra-Shiva was square?

I'm sorry, it seems you know as little about Hinduism as you know about Islam. The Parikrama circumabulation is not repeated circles. It is a clockwise rounding path LEADING to something (usually the inner part of the temple), rather than an anti-clockwise repetition at the same distance away (as it is in the Islamic tawaf). And I don't know where you're getting your information, the Maqam-e-Ibrahim isn't at the centre of the Ka'aba. It isn't even IN the Ka'aba.

Muslims still use several things as the Hindus do, the prayer beads and the Book and gold decorative everywhere.

Errr...what? Did you just break? "The prayer beads and the Book and the gold decorative everywhere"? What does that even mean? Prayer beads aren't at all a requirement or even mentioned as being used in any of the Islamic scriptures. People just use them to help counting. And Islam isn't the only religion that has a Book. And illumination using gold gilding is a lot more famous and common in christian bibles than the Quran, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

As for the crescent moon, you'll have to prove first that it is a symbol of Islam. Also, your problems with reading comprehension seem to have blocked you up again. You quote a passage explaining how the crescent moon is a symbol of the passage of time (in Hinduism), and use it to show that the crescent moon is a symbol of Shiva. So I suppose since I wear a fedora, the fedora is a symbol of me. I MUST BE INDIANA JONES!
edit on 16-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

In the meantime, Bab, a 14 year-old girl lies in a hospital shot in the head by Muslims who follow the Quran, the Hadiths, the Sunna, the imams and the scholars.

In the meantime, Bab, another woman is being stoned by Muslims who follow the Quran, the Hadiths, the Sunna, the imams and the scholars.

You want us to believe Jesus was Muslim, but at His birth the angels proclaimed "Peace on earth, goodwill toward all mankind". Muhammed raped, plundered and pillaged every religion around to self-proclaim himself as a prophet and you believe him. You have been given historical evidence against his claim. And yet you hold on to that belief so much that you listen to imams and scholars who twist truth to justify a self-made claim by a mad man.

Yes, the imams tell you how to think, how to walk, how to pray, how to eat, how to do everything under the sun because they want you to follow an ideology of a mad man. Muhammed took the religious teachings of everyone who came before him, then denied people the right to worship their religion. He took all the religious teachings and rolled all the gods into one, and you believe his incoherent ramblings.

Muslims go to hajj to perform pagan rites and rituals, in the name of allah and muhammed. Then you believe his incoherent ramblings to justify murder of people who disagree with muhammed. Is muhammed going to rise from the grave now and defend himself? Where is your muhammed? He died and they left his body rotting for three days in the hot Arabian desert sun. Jesus is not Muslim because He would never follow an allah that said to kill innocent people.

Where is your muhammed? Is he offended in the grave by all the people who reject him? Is he going to come here and kill me because I offend him? He was self-proclaimed and his cult does just want they want, using his words to justify their actions. He was a megalomaniac, schizophrenic and demon possessed. He was narcissistic and cruel. He beat his wives, he raped women and children and murdered innocent people. He told you it was because allah commanded it, but tell me why allah would do such a thing? For muhammed? He's a dead guy who did not even get enough respect to be buried the same night he died, which is against Islamic teaching.

But, but, but...nothing. Muhammed was an evil man, plain and simple. He lied and the evidence against him is not only historical, but overwhelming. He took every god and rolled them into one, nothing more. So tell me, do I offend your self-proclaimed prophet? What's he going to do about it? Is he coming after me to kill me for offending him? He does not need to do that, he has people on this planet willing to kill. Why? Can you tell me why they follow his words? They are devout Muslims who pray five times a day, give charity to only Muslims, go to hajj and do very nice things for each other, except allow each other to think for themselves, worship how they want and live in peace. Apostates are murdered. Why? Because muhammed said so?

I know apostates. They fear for their lives from devout Muslims. They are the ones who tell us how it really is in Islam, Muslims have to walk the line or be killed. You know this as well as I and I don't blame you for being afraid of when other Muslims read your comments, you know that you have to defend Islam because your life hangs on it. What kind of peace is that? Submission that comes through fear is not really submission. I know you have to keep saying these things because other Muslims will track you down. This has happened before and will happen again. So I don't blame you a bit for thinking this is how you have to defend your life.

Jesus was never a Muslim, he never said the shahada, He never said muhammed was a prophet and He certainly never said to stone women for adultery or kill children who want to be educated. Jesus said "Suffer the little children and forbid them not to come unto Me, for such is the kingdom of heaven". That word suffer means allow. A little girl is lying in the hospital this very minute because devout Muslims read the twisted words of a mad man and acted on it. Would this act please muhammed? Is muhammed going to rise from his grave and endorse what people do because of him? Who is more mad, muhammed or his followers? I say his followers, because they know to murder is wrong, but to get to their heaven to have houris and boys, they will murder others.

Jesus said that in heaven there will be no marrying or given in marriage, so therefore Jesus is not Muslim. Not one jot or one tittle shall pass from the law until all these things be fulfilled and Jesus has not come back yet, so the law "thou shalt not kill" still stands in effect. Your muhammed twisted gods and religions to suit his agenda. He was left for three days rotting, goes to show you how little they thought of his "prophethood".

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The moon is a revered symbol to Muslims, it is the continuation of all the religions before who worshiped deities symbolized by the moon. Allah is merely one name out of a hundred. The one you choose to believe is one.

Not just that but the crescent moon symbol was seen by an old testament biblical character. Specifically one Gideon, before the line of kings was established and the Judges were still observing Israel. In Judges 8 Gideon is persuing 2 midianite kings who killed his brothers, after he kills them he takes the crescent symbols off their camels and takes crescent trinkets, rings and earings from their men. Ancient Midia is modern day Saudi Arabia. Moses tended the sheep herds of his father in law who was a midianite.

Below is a map of Greater Israel's borders, all the land God gave Israel during the exodus.

As you can see from the first map, Jubal A' Lawz (Mt. Sinai) is located within the border.

Jubal Al'Lawz (Mt. Sinai) above.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In Judges 8 Gideon is persuing 2 midianite kings who killed his brothers, after he kills them he takes the crescent symbols off their camels and takes crescent trinkets, rings and earings from their men.

a) Which version of the bible says the ornaments were crescents?
The King James Bible doesn't mention any crescent ornaments.
And Gideon arose, and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks.

It appears only in some newer editions.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Perhaps you should find a new dictionary!

Indeed, akbar in hebrew/aramaic is mouse. See Strong's expanded exhaustive concordance of the Bible which includes Vine's.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PLA1

Perhaps you should read what I said? "A'kbar" in hebrew (with the ayin, not the alif) would be mouse.
edit on 18-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

The use of alef and ayeen are pronuncian factors, not definition factors.

Alef is pronounced as "a" like in far; ayeen is pronounced with a gutteral sound.

BTW: allah means oak, so allah akbar would mean oak mouse.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
reply to post by babloyi

The use of alef and ayeen are pronuncian factors, not definition factors.

Alef is pronounced as "a" like in far; ayeen is pronounced with a gutteral sound.

BTW: allah means oak, so allah akbar would mean oak mouse.

It is pretty relevant how a word is written. I mean, otherwise we might just fling all of language out the window.

"Hahahahah....the electric device which you cook bread in is called a goaster! IT TURNS THE BREAD INTO GHOSTS! SEE?! LOL! What do you mean it is spelt with a T? That is just a pronunciation issue!"

PS: A-L-L-H in Hebrew (אללה) is Allah. God. A-L(the "a" sound at the end is understood) in Hebrew (אל) is God. A-L-H in Hebrew (אלה) is goddess. A bit of a simplistic way of going about things without involving the diacritic marks, but still, it serves the purpose. What are you talking about?
edit on 18-10-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

In Judges 8 Gideon is persuing 2 midianite kings who killed his brothers, after he kills them he takes the crescent symbols off their camels and takes crescent trinkets, rings and earings from their men.

a) Which version of the bible says the ornaments were crescents?
The King James Bible doesn't mention any crescent ornaments.
And Gideon arose, and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks.

It appears only in some newer editions.

Actually, i went back and found older hebrew and greek texts
. Good one trying to go back to something older, but i can do that trick too. Transliterations for the win.

at
7720 [e]
haś·śa·hă·rō·nîm
הַשַּׂהֲרֹנִ֨ים
the crescent
5188 [e]
wə·han·nə·ṭi·p̄ō·wṯ
וְהַנְּטִפ֜וֹת
and the pendants
899 [e]
ū·ḇiḡ·ḏê
וּבִגְדֵ֣י
robes
713 [e]
hā·’ar·gā·mān,
הָאַרְגָּמָ֗ן
and the purple
5921 [e]
še·‘al
שֶׁעַל֙
on
4428 [e]
mal·ḵê
מַלְכֵ֣י
the kings
4080 [e]
miḏ·yān,
מִדְיָ֔ן
of Midian
905 [e]
ū·lə·ḇaḏ
וּלְבַד֙

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Look at the first link in my signature, I explore who Allah really is in that thread.

Yes, then come to an abrupt stop and totally ignore my posts when you can't answer any of my points.

PS to 1PLA1: The symbol you are referring to was the symbol of the Ottoman Turks, which they took from the Byzantian Christians. It has nothing to do with Islam. So your point is void. Also, if you wish to go along that path, YHWH was supposedly a mountain/war god as well originally.

Yes you are right, YHWH originally translates as "God of War", wich always gives me a chuckle when people say he is the way to peace.....not putting him down, I respect all religions and everyones right to worship whoever they like, but people need to get all the original facts and the origins of their chosen one and how that said chosen one came in to prominence before they start preaching peace in said chosen ones name....catch my drift?

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join