It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt. assistance making the west lazy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hi

Am not sure how to put this together so please don't troll and be bit merciful towards my English

I live in India .From what i gathered from reading this forum and other internet articles and online friends , The problem the people in the west has is caused by the govt. assistance. What the west really need to do is to cut govt. assistance as a whole. I know there are tons of hard working men and women in the west, am not denying that, but govt. assistance is a rather easy way out by the expense of people who actually work hard to earn a living.

In my country and other neighboring countries we don't have govt. assistance nor can our govt. afford it , the down side to that is you get millions and millions of poor, but the upside is everyone wants to go up. Everyone wants to have a better life . Everyone wants to learn and educate themselves or their kids so that they can ensure at least their kids will have a better life . With that a society begins to evolve slowly to be a better one...

for example..i employ a poor person to clean my house,cloths and buy stuff from the market. He gets paid , I cant afford to pay him a lot as life ain't too easy for me and the pay he gets is not enough either.... but what ever pay he gets he puts 70% aside for the school fees and feeding his kid and he uses the rest for himself.He may not have a better life but i can bet his kid will definitely have a better life.

I honestly believe only those who can feed them selves have a roof over their head from their own efforts and have money to spare should have the freedom to raise a child.You have no right to raise a child on govt. expense , imagine the values that person would teach her kids. "Grow up , do nothing and waste taxpayers money"

IF there should be govt. assistance then it should be in replacement for social work. what ever it maybe , anything productive or anything needed to be done by the state.. should be more life social welfare program where the jobless are provided jobs by the govt. on a necessary basis. there should be no free money....

I put this in an amateurish way , but hope people get my point

edit on 1-10-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Well one of the biggest problems here in the U.S. are these young people having babies when they don't have their lives together yet. After having the child, many fathers and or mothers, run out on the family while leaving the remaining parent there to support the child/children on their own. The child support laws in the states is a joke. The government would rather pay money to the single parent rather than enforce these parents that run off to support their kids. Another issue is the cost of living vs. the average pay rate over here is so off balance.

What they really should do is come out with some kind of birth control where NOBODY can have children until they are of a certain age and can afford to raise them. In the US you have to have a license to drive, own a gun, get married ect. but they allow anyone to have children.

I agree with you to an extent but I think it's too late....cutting everyone off of assistance would just cause rioting, theft, murder ect.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Why is there a question mark at the end of the title?

This is a fact.

My culture is incredibly lazy and irresponsible now. That's why I'm proud to be a Texan. Most true-blooded Texans are hardcore to the bone.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Yes from a lot of the posts and threads about the abuse of the assistance programs I can see where someone would think it all is a bad idea.

From another view .... there are a large number of people receiving assistance that truly need it. And these people DO WORK they just don't make enough. The assistance is calculated based on the area where they live, the income level, family size, etc. (I was a case worker that helped fill out those forms)
Just in my own area I know there are 2 parent families struggling in the sluggish economy surviving on 1 income because the other parent can't find work. Or there are others who were making decent money a few years ago but are getting less work/ money even though they are working just as hard as they were 5 years ago.

The outrage is for the freeloaders that have kids to get the assistance.

There are a lot of people who really don't want to but feel like they have to accept it to survive. They see it as temporary help.

I know someone who when her husband left her with 2 kids and she didn't have money for food, her waitressing job didn't pay much. She went to her father and asked for money. Her father is a successful accountant that owns his own business, he has a lot of money. He told her to get government assistance because that's why I pay my taxes. So it can help people that need it. I don't know if she really did get it... all I know is she pushed herself through the rest of her college education and now works a great job and takes care of her family.

Not all women are like those that we complain about here.

top topics

join