It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Dead , participate on ATS?,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Others make stupid threads.

Each to their own I guess...

Ouija boards are bunk too.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I honestly think that even if they could no one would believe it anyway. The thread would be filled with skeptics to the point they, the dead, wouldn't want to post anyway. Nice thought though.

The problem with this is the insinuation that skepticism is a bad thing.

A quick way to counter any skepticism is to prove any skepticism void. Certainly a ghost or spirit would have access to information that would lay any question to their validity to rest.
Of course, anyone hoaxing, or pretending to be dead through the anonymity of the internet wouldn't be capable of validating their demise.

For instance, if you were by chance dead, you might be able to answer questions regarding someone also dead that I know, through whatever spooky dead channels are in spooky existence. You wouldn't need ask me who they are, but could present accurate undeniable information about people and events some random person on the internet would be incapable of knowing.

Of course, if you just want to believe anyone that comes along claiming to be a dead person with whatever spooky powers they claim to have, as well as accepting any and all charlatanism excuses given for any and all inabilities to actually perform anything that could validate their spookiness, then, you're more than welcome.

How often is a sucker born?

Something to consider:

Harry Houdini vowed to extend contact from the grave no matter what.
Every attempt to contact Harry Houdini through Ouija board, channelers, automatic writing, and every other methodology including alphabet pecking chickens has come up zero.
If Harry Houdini can't make contact from the grave, no one else is either.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Thank you. I wasn't trying to insult you,just making a joke.

I think your concept is at least interesting.

If ghosts are a form of energy that can influence its surroundings, maybe they could exist on the net too, somehow.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Well, I for one have tried to google for dead poeple I know with the hope of contacting them.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It would be nice If they are able to communicate with us.. but here in ATS again they will be sent to Grave by the people who claim to be the Skeptics on all every thing they hear.

We can ask Code geeks to find a Electric Ouja board which will give a call to Ghosts whenever needed. But not sure whether dead people will be willing to come and post as they are in search of peace, I think.

As someone in First pae said this site will have to Dead Friendly and we can often see a thread with title 'I am dead yesterday and want to share the awsome experience with you guys'.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am looking for my can of UBIK spray. This sounds like a Philip K. Dick version of half-life emerging in this thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I like the concept. And spirits would not need to know about computers to work them. But I won't go into that now as it is a long explanation. Whilst it seem completely crazy, there have been a few stories about. The most interesting [but definitively a hoax IMO] one was making the rounds on the early internet about a ghost, who was murdered and he was stuck in an old office block. He described where he was and how he felt. It was definitively a great read [no more]. But unfortunately I can't seem to find it at all. Will keep looking.

A couple of different ones:
www.yourghoststories.com...

paranormal.about.com...

There are more if you google it, a lot on other forums. Of course this is one thing you couldn't really prove as anyone can just claim to be a ghost but I absolutely love the concept.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't know about the specific method described by OP, but perhaps we culd have an off-topic chit chat "Coffee For The Dead" thread where people who have some skill in channeling can channel various spirits according to requests, personal preference, or whatever.

I would, however, advise a very clear disclaimer be posted in the OP of such a thread, if it were to be created, saying that in participating, you accept that there may be whackjobs and frauds and delusional idiots posting their own versions of channeling. Leave it to the mods to take disciplinary action, and keep the discussion strictly civilized or the fun will end just like - *snaps fingers* - that. Etc, etc.

I think it would be an interesting idea to toy with. This is a site for alternative topics: why not introduce alternative activities as well? As in... paranormal activities!!

edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Doc... if you could integrate a franks box into a chat format or q&a sort of session.. it might be fun.
I was screwing around with an iovilus this weekend and its pretty amusing. My oldest has a fixation with Zack D-Baggans and bought this thing because she saw it on his show. Of course.. I HAD to play with it. Prefer the old franks though.

My home was built by the fist spiritualists in town and was the first meeting place before the church was built.. historic home. I just discovered a few things a month or so ago by inviting the grandson back over when I was redoing the upstairs and wanted to know about the original state of things. The one room I stupidly turned into a library was a psychomanteum!
SO now Im considering pulling out the darned shelves I had built in and putting up the grouping of mirrors and a chair as he described it used to be. Its a small weird shaped space, so I couldnt make a bedroom anyway... looked like a library was a useful use. Psychomanteunm is a completely useless thing to me.. but pretty neato as far as the historical value! Id let ATS throw a franks in my psychomanteum and link up to a chat or q&a.. well if I EVER get it finished, that is.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I have recently read a book called 'The Lucifer Code', I thought it was a good story and I reccomend it to you to read.

I think you would enjoy the story as it is about scientist trying to trace the soul as it leaves the body with a new computer system that uses light particles to store and transfer memory, they try and communicate with the soul after death.

I enjoyed the book and this thread reminded me of it....

Book Description
Publication Date: 13 Feb 2006

What happens to us when we die?

Oblivion.Or so believes Dr Miles Fleming, a brilliant, young neuroscientist who has developed a device capable of reading human brainwaves. But when his own brother contacts him after being certified dead for six whole minutes, Fleming wonders if he's got it all wrong.

His search for the truth uncovers a terrifying religious conspiracy to stage the most ambitious experiment the world has ever seen - to prove beyond doubt the existence of a heaven or a hell. As the world awaits the final judgement, Fleming must confront his own demons to save not only his own soul but that of all humanity.

THE LUCIFER CODE pits the faith of religion against the certainty of science in a heartstopping thriller which explores our deepest fears.

Regards

Gnobody
edit on 1/10/12 by Gnobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't they have to be members?

How do you ban the dead?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There is currently nothing in the T&C’s to specifically prohibit the participation of dead people.

"Bring out your dead"

'ding'

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

How do you ban the dead?

Why.. chat room exorcisms.. silly rabbit. Happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Not necessarily, They can still vote in Chicago. Some are registered 2 or 3 times.
I don't see why they couldn't register here.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Nite_wing because: Don't remember why. Senility has its benefits

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Alright OP I gave up a star and a flag for your imagination. But you should know that the dead would have to be raised first.

Beezer

How do you ban the dead?

Shoot em in the head Beezer !
Double tap !

edit on 1-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Not necessarily, They can still vote in Chicago. Some are registered 2 or 3 times.
I don't see why they couldn't register here.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Nite_wing because: Don't remember why. Senility has its benefits

Thats just an Illinois thing. I mean, I live in St Clair co.. we actually were stupid enough to accept a transfer and bought a house in "the 618".
Anyway, a bunch of dead folks voted Dem in East St Louis and totally changed out election for several county positions previously. With the veil so thin and all the dead messing around these days, I expect they will dig up enough dead republicans to counter the dead dem votes this time around. The aether is turbulent with spiritual political strife in Illinois apparently. I mean, Im from Louisiana originally. We invite our dead to dinner, of course, but we arent as crass as to discuss politics with them.
This idea from Dr E COULD be a political coup to indoctrinate the dead through an ATS chat room. I think we should watch the OP very very closely...

PS.. your edit concerning senility.. I can identify unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To quote Bart Simpson: "Oh no, the dead have risen and they're voting Republican!".

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The idea is intriguing and has been tried. I think you have to take the idea at face value to discuss it. In other words, jokes notwithstanding, suspend your disbelief. What would it take? How would it work? What are the technical issues? What are the social issues?

SOCIAL ISSUES
Who would even want to communicate? As it was explained to me once, if you woke up from a dream, would you want to tell the dream that’s what it was? Think about it. You die having believed X would happen, and many of us believe nothing will, and suddenly you find yourself in the most wonderful adventure of your “life.” Would you actually be compelled to go through the hassle of communicating with what is now the “other” realm when you now realize all those folks will find out what it’s all about soon enough?

You might just wash your hands of the whole thing and spend your time exploring the new realm. What difference would it make? And if it were very difficult, it would compete for your time. Would you rather study new stuff or hassle with a situation that no longer matters much to you?

TECHNICAL ISSUES
It may seem like it would be trivial to create the very small amount of energy it takes to produce a character on a screen, well within the nebulous powers of the other side. But it’s a lot more complex than that beneath the hood. In order to get a simple space to appear on the screen, for example, the internal computer chips must produce a hexadecimal “20” (“32” in decimal) or, in binary it’s: 00010100. If you are going to get a computer to work internally, you need to know those numbering systems to make those translations. It’s not just a matter of pressing the space bar on the keyboard. To use a computer as a “medium” may provide insurmountable obstacles to any but the most technically inclined. And the most technically inclined may be the least interested in dealing with it.

I myself have even built a “Spiricom” device. Some of you may know of George Meek and the Spiricom device made from HAM radio parts. IN THEORY he had discussions with a dead electrical engineer named George Mueller (a perfect dead candidate). Of course this has engendered a great deal of criticism and skepticism. Be that as it may, I built one anyway using contemporary technology. Carrier tones, for example, were generate by software rather than customized hardware. In any event, I could not get it to work. Then again, I’m impatient and did not wish to listen to these tones for any length of time. A complete accounting of what I did is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

VERIFICATION ISSUES
Basically we’d be in a John Titor kind of situation. We’d have people who absolutely would believe it and absolutely would not. Plus a lot of people would ask constant questions. Personally, as a dead person I wouldn’t want to put forth the effort in a public scenario. Now, in a private scenario where I was attempting to contact a loved one, for example, that might be a different situation.

So in theory this is a great idea. Practically speaking it has its difficulties.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You're taking it too seriously, and that's the whole problem with the idea. Imagine if everyone had taken the "You're Banned Game" thread seriously...

It would just be for fun. And in all honesty, if you were to communicate with someone's dead relative on here, do you know how much harder that is to fake? Usually, the frauds utilize body language and educated guesses to pull off the illusion. Not so much here.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by schuyler

You're taking it too seriously, and that's the whole problem with the idea. Imagine if everyone had taken the "You're Banned Game" thread seriously..

Say what? I'm taking it seriously, period. It's not for "fun." It's not a joke, nor do I get the impression OP considered it as such. That's not to say that people are not amused, but I suggest starting something in the jokes forum to further your hilarity. The bottom line is that you are the one who is off topic.

Indeed, this is the heart of advancing science. Science throws out the baby with the bathwater on this issue, mostly because it is the subject of religious interest which is anathema to science (for good reason.) This issue has the potential to change the basic paradigm of reality as we know it as much or more than quantum mechanics changed our worldview compared to Newtonian mechanics which, after all, was considered a complete description of the world, a mechanistic physical one that turned out to be far less comprehensive than any of its proponents imagined.

The same rule applies here. There is a greater reality here that many people are too enlightened to notice since they consider themselves so very very intelligent. Are we so arrogant to believe we now have it down completely? No matter what your belief, mine is that you ought to allow the discussion to continue without ridicule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join