It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Dead , participate on ATS?,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Could it be possible?
The binary nature of the internet and computers could it enable ?....switched on dead people to communicate after physical death?
Could ATS set up a thread where the dead are invited to communicate with the so far ,...not dead?

A sort of high tech oudja board?
Could it be possible?

Throughout history reports of ghosts ,manipulating doors , axes, light switches ect have been documented, surely a few strokes of a laptop , left somewhere in the dark , unattended, could be the means for the screaming or otherwise dead to tell us ..the not yet dead,that , life goes on and...on...and on..and on.

Could we have a "the dead chat room" forum on ATs?

Some may doubt, but coffins with laptops are surely now on the table?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't know but there are a few dead people I would like to communicate with. But why would they need laptops in their coffins? Are these reanimated dead? *shudders and turns on every light in the house*

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No, the dead cannot participate on ATS because they are .... dead. I don't think it has anything to do with discrimination or prejudice or anything like that. Perhaps you can notify the site owner and ask him to make this website more "dead friendly" just in case it might be an issue of discrimination.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I honestly think that even if they could no one would believe it anyway. The thread would be filled with skeptics to the point they, the dead, wouldn't want to post anyway. Nice thought though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

I'm in awe. That has to be the best ATS response I've seen in a while. It is certainly the funniest. Yes, I laughed out loud. If you can keep that up, please, look into a career as a writer.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I highly doubt it to be honest, there is absolutely no proof to this and why it would happen, also the fact that it would have been a recent phenomenon so it seems highly unlikely. I cant say that I have seen someone who is dead talking to me on the internet

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Assuming ghosts/spirits/whatever exists and they know binary, sure. They'd probably need a computer science degree too.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
As long as they respected the T&C, I don't see why it would be a problem. I can imagine it being a boring one way conversation though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Even by ATS standards, this is out there... Really out there...

However there are tales of the dead communicating with the living through technology like in the film White Noise so I wouldn't be surprised...

Actually when I think about it maybe there are users here ho are already dead, maybe the ones with outdated views, the ones WHO RIGHT ALL THERE PSOTS IN CAPS WIT BAD SPELING N GRAMMOR....
Maybe they are just struggling to put their words in binary properly.

Maybe not though..

SW

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Maybe instead of the usual "I'm an Alien" threads, we'll start seeing "I'm dead" threads.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ghost writers have been around for ages !

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Mabye we all died aeons ago and this is the afterlife.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If this is the much touted afterlife, I'm disappointed.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What if...

all of us here are already dead

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
as someone who has died i'm going to go ahead and say no.

there is literally no time for that while you are dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Xbsbjsjndjxbdxbxnnsxnnnnnn....

Sorry about that....Casper keeps getting a hold of my Ipad

Nah..... in all seriousness they could probably strike computer keys but ging through to actually posting is difficult.
and besides the recent wave of humans entering the spirit world would be more computer savy......

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

you do realise it s only a matter of time now someone will create a thread claiming to be a spirit from the dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i'm just going along with this here;
but if a ghost/spirit /the dead tried to interact with ATS via a pc/laptop ect then that would mean they would mess with or drain the machine wiith the emf they create?
or they would have to interact with a user, like i am sitting here now and say i invited a spirit to post (lol first time i've wrote that) they would have to use my laptop and account.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

At least the braindead can.

You see them ever so often.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtahFlyFX
reply to post by Dr Expired

At least the braindead can.

You see them ever so often.

Yes , most pop up with almost no posts next to their stats yet insult like old bedders.

Welcome new chum.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Dr Expired because: added welcome

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join