It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Wrong To Be Excited/Anxious About Dec. 21?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You don't have to believe anything will actually happen, or maybe you belong in the "going there in a hand basket" column. I remember a distinct anxiety about the Y2K event, even though I had virtually no expectation anything would go wrong.

Speaking of anxiety, due course of history tells us that there will be some minor to major cataclysms over the next few months leading up to the given date. This is the way the world has always been, but at this moment in time each instance will have virtually all thinking persons wondering if it is a sign. How would the world react if something occurs say in the week leading up to Dec. 21? Would enough of us go berserk with terror or fear that we create a situation of self fulfilling prophecy?

I'm still deciding what I believe and what I don't. Whatever the case, I do not seem to be able to shake the disturbing and nagging thought in the back of my mind that I simply cannot know what will or will not happen. Right now I can only believe, one way or another. I also can’t decide if I’m worried or comfortable its all baloney. Whether I like it or not, plan it or not, believe it or not, or whatever I think, I have noticed I am getting a bit excited.

Don’t hate me for being philosophically deficient.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I don't think it's wrong.

I don't really think anything out of the norm is going to happen on Dec. 21 or whatever it is but I'm still anxiously awaiting to see if I'm right! lol. Also anxiously awaiting to see how people will react if nothing big happens! That will be a show!

ETA: I love the mouse in your avatar

edit on 1-10-2012 by Miri08 because: ...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I think there are quite a few people who are interested/anxious to see what will happen, a decent number who are but would never admit it, some who deny/attack it because it scares them, and those who deny/attack it because they genuinely believe it untrue/stupid.

I belong in the first group. I don't really believe it's likely anything big is coming, but I'm still anxious to find out! I don't think that is wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm praying something happens. Either way, enlightenment or the end of the world. I'm excited for it, extremely excited, really.

While I definitely belong to the group who believes in the conscious shift, if humanity were wiped from the Earth, I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. There NEEDS to be some kind of fresh slate, some kind of renewal. The way this world is running isn't healthy.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

To me, the 2012 thing is a marketing idea for an imaginary product. The people in Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq, etc. have already been experiencing a kind of end of the world scenario for some time now. In my view, it seems like it's an American product appealing to Christians, in general.

I think it will be like one of my favorite Doris Day films: "Lover come back", where an advertising executive starts marketing an imaginary product called, "Vip". In the end, the advertising executive ends up selling candy that gets you drunk. lol

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If you think about it once or twice a week, that's one thing. If you think about it several times a day, get help.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
No... It's not wrong.. It is after-all, 4 days before Christmas!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You have NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!

The distance between Earth and the GALACTIC CORE IS 27,000 LIGHT YEARS! That means that the Alignment between Earth and the Galactic Core happened 27,000 YEARS AGO! LOL! IT ALREADY HAPPENED! It takes the Light from the Alignment of the Core 27,000 YEARS TO GET HERE!

So all this B.S. is about an alignment that happened 27,000 years ago! What a JOKE!

SO DON'T WORRY! HAVE A BEER AND LAUGH AT EVERYONE ELSE WORRYING!

Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

One might argue that it takes 27,000 years for the energy to reach us

But yeah, the what if scenario, I had it the last time a large rock passed us in space. Even though I knew deep down it wasn't going to hit, the what if played out, and I'm not afraid to admit, I was nervous.

However, that was a physical object, and although I still have the what if about 21/12, it doesn't bother me (yet).

Just gonna be another cold winters day.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Here is another thing...EARTH IS ALWAYS ALIGNED WITH THE GALACTIC CORE! The Mayans talk about alignment with the Dark Rift which is Gas and debris around the edge of the Milky Way that Blocks Light from Stars and the center Core...but as far as ACTUAL GRAVITATIONAL EFFECT...it is a STRAIGHT LINE FROM EARTH TO THAT GIANT BLACK HOLE IN THE CENTER OF OUR GALAXY!

THUS...WE ARE ALWAYS IN ALIGNMENT! Some have argued that Gravitation is instant...others state it travels in waves at the speed of light...well HERE IS THE THING...singe Gravity Waves are Warping Space/Time as they travel...that means they are traveling less distance thus they will get to Earth before the Light. Gravitational Effect is not breaking the Light Barrier as far as Far as SPEED...it is just TRAVELING LESS DISTANCE AS IT WARPS SPACE/TIME. So it still gets here before light! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Nobody knows for sure if anything will or will not happen. And even if nothing 'paranormal' does happen, there is always the chance that people will be so worked up over the date itself that they will create some kind of sh*tstorm, which would still be entertaining lol

I imagine there will also be an astronomical number of suicides that day, and the days leading up to it. The cops and paramedics are going to love the cleanup.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Some strange things have been occuring this year so there is certainly nothing wrong with being anxious or excited. Most likely nothing will happen but I guess we will have to wait and see

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't think you're wrong to feel the way you do OP.

Personally, I'm hoping for a mass culling of our species as I believe that there is so much that is wrong with us that it cannot be fixed without something major happening to give all that remain a massive attitude adjustment. Whatever happens, I'm preprepared for pretty much any eventuality that I'm likely to encounter here in the UK, but I'm equally happy to be one of those who don't survive because surviving the apocalypse sounds like very hard work.

Rev

edit on 1/10/2012 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

You say that but I am sure you would not want to be one of the people who die! I am quite sure you would fight for your life and your statement shows you dislike people who are not like you. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm more anxious for all the see I told you so threads on the 22nd

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You say that but I am sure you would not want to be one of the people who die! I am quite sure you would fight for your life and your statement shows you dislike people who are not like you. Split Infinity

If you had lived my life, then you'd be ready to go too. And I did point out in my post that I didn't mind being one of those who die. Also, I do not hate all people, I've just spent 30 or so years being abused by some of the very worst people in society and as such I feel that I am in the right position to talk about the evils of this world. Also, as I've spent an equal amount of years quite literary fighting for both my life and my freedom, I believe that I am in a position to decide if I've had enough or not. You can only fight for so long before you become tired and long for the peace that death will bring.

If I do survive however, I hope beyond all hope that my wife doesn't because when she runs out of her medication (due to the world going to hell) I'll have to either watch her die a slow and painful death or euthanise her, both of which I think about every day.

Please try and think of the bigger picture before you make such comments in future as you have no way of knowing what another member has been through in their lifetimes and therefore you have no way of knowing their views on life and death.

Rev

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I stand by my statement...you would still fight to live. And using the word Culling is one nasty view and thought. If you want to end your life...no one will stop you. Just don't advocate the mass deaths of others because of your circumstances. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You must have never truly experienced the evil of man, that or you're frightened that you'll be one of those who die. lol If you had, then you'd be singing to a different tune. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that there are people out there who have made their peace with life and are ready for the end? Maybe your fear of death is so great that you have no room for anything else? Or maybe you've never been close to death and survived? I have many times, and every single time, I've survived and I have been devastated because I didn't want to have to keep fighting every single moment of every day just to survive.

A culling needs to happen to a species from time to time to dispose of the weakest and most useless members of the herd and humans are no different from other animals in that respect. We've had a chance to live good lives and make this beautiful planet our home, but we've done everything we can to destroy it in the name of making our lives easier.

We don't deserve this planet and we don't deserve to survive because in the long run, we'll never change.

Again, I say this because it's true, not because I don't like people and also because I've seen both the very worst and the best of society throughout my lifetime and know without a shadow of a doubt that the worst outnumber the best by a thousand fold. It's sad, but it's how it is and to claim otherwise is living in a fantasy.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread a wee bit.

Rev

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Is it wrong? No - just pointless.

Odds are that nothing significant is going to happen - and if it does there's absolutely nothing you can do about it - so why worry or overly concern yourself about it?

Personally I'll be more concerned with trying to avoid any of the serious mishaps that are proven annual events on Black Eye Friday.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think it's ok for you to be getting excited.
This feeling may depend on how much exposure to the prophecy you've read or watched.

For me I'm not excited and not following it.
I think if I had been reading up on it and watching videos about it I would feel differently.
I saw the 2012 movie and that as far as I've got.

I don't personally think anything will happen,
but at the same time I don't think of it as utter silliness like other prophesies.
It has some relevancy.
edit on 1-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join