Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Iran claims to have hacked 370 Israeli websites

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The websites Iran claims to have hacked and gained confidential data are internet provider sites, security sites (Israel Special Security Projects (ISSP)), commercial sites, and economic sites (banks I'm guessing). I doubt they've hacked into any sensitive Israeli Gov't/Military sites but even if they did those websites probably do not contain much information that's useful to the Iranian regime because classified information is not connected to the internet. The Iranian special forces hackers are from the Iranian DataCoders Security Team.

See this link to see what an Iranian hack job looks like: sfchamber.com...

Let me Google more about the Iranian Datacoders Security Team for you...

IRGC decrypts enemy confidential data: Admiral Fadavi

www.presstv.ir...

“Today, our cyber forces have easily accessed the most confidential information [encrypted] by the enemy and [our] cyber warfare capabilities have been effectively improved,” Rear-Admiral Ali Fadavi said on Sunday as he inaugurated IRGC Navy Information Technology (IT) systems.

Related article,
www.mehrnews.com...

We are in the age of information and the information war is well under way.

From this past July another article about Iran's hacking over 200 Israeli websites launching their official cyber war with Israeli.

Iran Claims to Have Launched Cyber Attack on Israel

www.matthewaid.com...

July 22, 2012

This morning an Iranian media website, citing official Iranian government sources, claimed that Iran’s cyber warfare unit launched a large-scale cyber attack which took down 220 Israeli websites. According to the report, the attack was in retaliation for the July 23, 2011 killing in Tehran of Iranian nuclear scientist Darioush Rezaeinejad, who was shot to death by unknown assailants while waiting to pick up his daughter from school in east Tehran. The Iranians have always claimed that Rezaeinejad was killed by agents working for the Israeli intelligence service, the Mossad.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I doubt it but for some odd reason they feel the need to save face.

Wouldnt it make a lot more sense so state the truth: that they are a nation which is running out of oil. They need an alternative energy source. That they are so technologically challenged they have to export their oil and have it imported back as gasoline.

That they are a poor nation and if attacked have very little capability to defend themselves. That the World should view the actions of the West as nothing less than a modern day Holocaust etc etc

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

What is it that you doubt? That they hacked the websites? If so, did you check out my Google Search link on the Iranian DataCoders Security Team? You can that they indeed did hack numerous websites. So that's confirmed. I believe they did indeed hack 370 websites.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So how many sites has the US or Israel hacked? That should be the real front page news.

But no...remember that Iran is the REAL enemy of the World now. At least since the US and Israel has set their focus them and the propaganda machine is in full swing.

Iran...Bad.

Israel and US...Good.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The US and Israeli are totally guilty of cyber attacks, as we all know. The Iranians have declared cyber war because of these attacks, murder of scientists included.

Just remember, Gov't/military classified information is not connected to the internet so no war should ever be started over hack jobs. But then again, I did read an ATS thread about Chinese hackers having control of US power grids, so that could be a problem. Either way, no more wars please.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Good. I hope they hack all their websites.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm the same.. hack away guyz

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Just remember, Gov't/military classified information is not connected to the internet so no war should ever be started over hack jobs.

On paper.
Reality is a different thing. People become complacent, systems break down, misunderstandings happen.

The US military machine is a massive one, spread around the world. Even if that machine is on a closed system, with potentially hundreds of thousands of devices on that network you can guarantee that there is most definitely a weakness.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I've worked in intel and classified material is indeed on a closed system & those who have access to it are definitely not going to steal information and leak it easily. Sure someone like Bradley Manning could strike again, but they haven't yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Are you saying it wasn't on the news, suggesting media bias?
Strange, I've just found it after a 5 seconds worth of google search:

www.jpost.com...

www.infoworld.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

You must have missed his point & his sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Nope, you have missed it.
But of course you didn't bother going through the links I have provided.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Nope I missed nothing and I did go thru your links. Believe it or not he was being sarcastic, but you missed that. It happens.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its value as a media stunt likely eclipses that of any 'confidential' information they have managed to accrue. It really gives one a sense of the disparity in this cyberspace tussle when high-ranking IRGC officers continue to brag about hacking websites.

top topics

join