I've converted, I'm Voting Republican

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I used to enjoy politics but not any more.

And the Abortion topic has always been around and always gets brought up at election time, nothing new there.

Same ol', same ol'.....

I realize politicians tell the voters what they want to hear to get elected but both parties irritate me and as an independent, can't stand either candidate.

I was suckered into voting for Obama in 2008 with his great PR slogan "Hope & Change" [didn't care for McCain].
But I can't vote for him this time around.
Not a strong leader IMO....

But in all reality, where the video is concerned, one can find fault with both parties and their failed promises to better this country. Either party can be mocked, not just the republicans....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If you haven't decided yet, then what is the point of this video? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have this video along with one showing the Democratic party in the same light? Forgive me, I don't quite understand the point you are trying to make. Yes abortion and same sex marriage are important issues, but do we not have bigger fish to fry? With our national debt at an all time high, a very high unemployment rate, and such Constitution burning policies like NDAA, shouldn't we worry about the bigger issues before we worry about these?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... like I said, we should outlaw nutrition fact labels, since they're evil and all. Tyrannical government forcing corporations to put how much sodium, fat, and calories is generally in their products.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Regulations can be good in certain circumstances, but regulating to overthrow competition and make it favourable for some businesses and not others is what we typically see.

Evil EPA, lets get rid of you so the Cuyahoga river can catch on fire again.

Privatized schooling, because public schooling is working so well?

It's not bad as long as you live in a suburb. Does everyone have money to send their children to private school? No...so it is NOT for the people.

I don't think he's anti-war at all, but anti-imperialism and anti-illegal-war more so...

No, he supposedly believes in the non-agression principle but like I said, he's clearly a liar because he voted for the Afghanistan occupation.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

If you haven't decided yet, then what is the point of this video?

Political discussion

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have this video along with one showing the Democratic party in the same light?

No, 95% of ATS are conservatives.

Yes abortion and same sex marriage are important issues, but do we not have bigger fish to fry?

Way to ignore 99% of what I've said in this thread................

With our national debt at an all time high, a very high unemployment rate, and such Constitution burning policies like NDAA, shouldn't we worry about the bigger issues before we worry about these

I'm sorry you feel it's impossible to multi-task or care about more than one issue

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
"We should start as many wars as we need...Iraq...Iran"

Come on seriously after all the many wars we've fought do you honestly think war is the answer? were all just floating in main stream waiting for the water fall
I think ill walk around to the bottom ill see u guys when ur in a pile at the bottom
LoL I'm dumbfounded that we all just follow the mind manipulating government
lol its worse then a #ing child molester in an ice cream truck
You guys better make that money
So you can buy that food
So you buy that car
So you can buy that insurance
So you can buy that gas
So you can get pissed off and buy some alcohol or cigs to try and find sumtin different in world cause no one knows where to go
So you get that girl pregnant
So you get get another job
So you can pay for the baby
Dont forget you gotta buy clothes health insurance home owners insurance shoes tires socks underwear
WTF I dont wanna invest 40 years of my life to jump start my career # the land of the bulley and home of the slaves

lol doesnt any one see that we work for this money and all and all its the 1 step foward 2 steps back
We need to unite as a nation and work together to make everything free for those who help the people of our nation.
Instead were like WHEW OBAMA Healthcare progam and other people are like WhEW Romneys gonna make us jobs.
lol u got the hillbillies that dont care they are like Whew lets do some burn outs!!!
I spit on this pitiful waste of life. u people make me sick to my gut. But maybe one day u all might pull ur #ing heads outa ur asses and stop letting big buisness run this country....

TAKE YOUR FACE OFF THE #ING TITTY

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The republicans are in freakout mode. It's still hilarious to watch, just don't expect to have a mature discussion without finger-pointing and name-calling being brought into the mix. Conservatives aren't known for their sense of humor, some would say (me) they're painfully unfunny, but a campaign with this much fail has to be on purpose. If so I'd say it's comedic genius.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You're correct up until GMOs.
Democrats are responsible for that crime against humanity.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
All you need to convince someone to vote Democrat is a free Obama phone with 250 minutes.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Left wing + Right wing = same bird.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No, it really isn't. Right wing and Left wing ideologies are totally two different things.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Labeling GMOS,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As much as I despise slapping labels on anything sentient, due to the subsequent division and condescension that inevitably arises, there is an obvious distinction between the modus operandi of both parties. Republicans are traditonal, Democrats are progressive. I think we can all agree on this.

With that said, Republicans favor a style that harkens back to the good ol' days - the thing is, old-fashioned politics no longer has a place in a radical world. Democrats, whose style revolves around change and moving forward, would see more eye-to-eye with the future generations of this world, wouldn't they? In other words, they'd connect better with the people who will, one day, inherit their respective thrones.

It comes down to a choice: do we want to see the 1980's return, or are we looking forward to the revolutionary 2000's? Times are changing people - so at this moment, the game is either follow the flow or resist it in favor of familiarity.

And in my experience, familiarity breeds corruption a lot faster, if only because everyone knows how to work the strings to their own advantage and will not hesitate to do so.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Bait thread.

Besides Abortion is not about a womans body, But then I dont expect any commies to understand that.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Only so far as dealing with the same people and problems. That's not to say two different roads will give you identical hazards and scenes.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No, it really isn't. Right wing and Left wing ideologies are totally two different things.

You dont have the capacity to understand this statement, so why should anyone trust your judgement on moral or political issues?

/thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bane9907

Originally posted by bane9907

You dont have the capacity to understand this statement, so why should anyone trust your judgement on moral or political issues?

/thread.

Oh really? How are they the same then?
Understand, I am asking this question because LoneWolf made an assertion, RealSpoke corrected him, and you're disagreeing with that correction. Either explain your disagreement, please, or clarify your above post.

And for future reference: people generally respond better to respectful discourse than they do to condescension. Whatever reason you have for your attitude, please drop it, as it will do you no good here. If anything, it will confuse and disturb the discussion, which will cause more chaos than anything else - and we're not here for chaos. Please, respect in all things. No one is better than anyone else here.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Women just can't be trusted to make decisions about their own bodies

We should start as many wars as we need...Iraq...Iran

GMO food shouldn't be labeled, that would be bad for corporate profits

The civil rights act should be repealed, it violates private property rights. Even if we're separate we'll still be called equal.

I don't feel that I deserve healthcare, or anyone!

Sometimes the Constitution is one big inconvenient headache

It's amazing how people in this thread didn't pick up that you were being sarcastic. Frightening...but amazing nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is for real spoke
someone said left wing right wing same bird. yah they are totally right
heres a video showing the policies that mitt romney and obama agree on.

www.youtube.com...=38s

i also wanted to add this video it shows more of the 2 sides of the same coin
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-10-2012 by deadpool84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

why not just realize that good tasting foods are not good for you and bland tasteless food is good for you - no need for labels... what's wrong with your own common sense and upbringing?

You can't figure out that processed, snack food is going to be unhealthy!!!!

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join