<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Women just can't be trusted to make decisions about their own bodies

We should start as many wars as we need...Iraq...Iran

GMO food shouldn't be labeled, that would be bad for corporate profits

The civil rights act should be repealed, it violates private property rights. Even if we're separate we'll still be called equal.

I don't feel that I deserve healthcare, or anyone!

Sometimes the Constitution is one big inconvenient headache

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You'll miss on your your free phone dude. Think twice!

It's like they're not even trying anymore. I remember when smear campaigns at least had some creativity and flair to them. Now? Now it's like political ads are sub-contracted out to frat houses and with 5 hour deadlines. I don't know if this means politicians are getting lazier, cockier, or if they just feel we've gotten dumber.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not saying I'm republican, but you can make the same video about Democrats.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Democrats are not trying to make abortion illegal, not voting to get rid of corporate regulation, not against the civil rights bill, not against nationalized healthcare, not against equal rights, and not against labeling GMO food.

Try again.

There are parts where democrat and republican politicians are very similar, but their fanbases are vastly different.
edit on 30-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is all up to you and you alone. This makes me think of the saying.. "Come to the dark side we have cookies".

Which is the lesser evil? Do you want the red or blue pill? Is that air your breathing? Well do you feel lucky punk? Well do you?

Sorry feeling a little spunky tonight but really I have no faith in the two party system anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Because the Democrats arent ALSO bought and paid for by lobbyists, special interest groups and political action committees.

Wake up.

What did Obama say about his administration and lobbyists? Someone remind me.

edit on 30-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Try again.

There are parts where democrat and republican politicians are very similar, but their fanbases are vastly different.

Try again? This is exactly my point. You could take a Republican fan base and mock Democrats very similarly.

You say "Demecrats aren't trying to make abortion illiegal." I could spin it would a different audience and say "Republicans aren't trying to kill babies"

Both parties have huge flaws in my opinion, but making skewed videos or TV commercials is doing nothing but taking away from the fact that our 2 party system has failed and there are bigger issues at hand. These campaign strategics further divide us as oppose to working towards a common end goal.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

lol, I know all politicians are influenced by lobbyists, but read the points I made, democrats are not trying to do that.... republicans are.

If you think Ron Paul is for the people then you're brainwashed yourself. He wants to get rid of all corporate regulation, minimum wage, OSHA, on and on. Ron Paul policies would be a nightmare, no thanks. Plus he voted for war in Afghanistan and a bill to make abortion illegal on the federal level, dude is a hypocrite.

Please stop spamming Ron Paul cult images in this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Democrats are not trying to make abortion illegal, not voting to get rid of corporate regulation, not against the civil rights bill, not against nationalized healthcare, not against equal rights, and not against labeling GMO food.

Try again.

But they do a great job keeping minorities in prison. And keeping the "drug war" going. And keeping the "war on terror" going. And the NDAA. And the Patriot Act.

Shall I go on how caring and wonderful the Democrats are?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You must have missed this part.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You say "Demecrats aren't trying to make abortion illiegal." I could spin it would a different audience and say "Republicans aren't trying to kill babies"

And it would be an accurate portrayal to people that think abortion is killing babies, it would be true. I'd have no complaints.

These campaign strategics further divide us as oppose to working towards a common end goal.

There is no possibility for compromises on certain issues, like abortion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Youre a liar or you refuse to accept reality.

Not sure which.

Keep supporting the 2-headed 1-Party scam, some service youre providing.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by The Old American

You must have missed this part.

Women just can't be trusted to make decisions about their own bodies

We should start as many wars as we need...Iraq...Iran

GMO food shouldn't be labeled, that would be bad for corporate profits

The civil rights act should be repealed, it violates private property rights. Even if we're separate we'll still be called equal.

I don't feel that I deserve healthcare, or anyone!

Sometimes the Constitution is one big inconvenient headache

I don't know how, but I somehow missed what wasn't there. Silly me!

I know what the video is trying to say. But saying that only Republicans start wars, only Republicans put minorities in prison, only Republicans...anything, is very ignorant.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

lol, I know all politicians are influenced by lobbyists, but read the points I made, democrats are not trying to do that.... republicans are.

If you think Ron Paul is for the people then you're brainwashed yourself. He wants to get rid of all corporate regulation, minimum wage, OSHA, on and on. Ron Paul policies would be a nightmare, no thanks. Plus he voted for war in Afghanistan and a bill to make abortion illegal on the federal level, dude is a hypocrite.

Please stop spamming Ron Paul cult images in this thread.

Paul was about the only choice there was for someone to actually enter office working for the people and not political affiliations. Both Democrats and Republicans are in it for themselves and their friends. While Paul was aligned with one party his track record showed that the voted within his own moral and ethical framework and I imagine people would have a hard time picking him apart, as there isn't much to pick. Which is why we were left with some of the nonsense that was used to try and bash him during his run. None of it was even close to relevant or damaging because it was non-existent.

Also, I wouldn't even consider him an actual piece of his own party, because they themselves wouldn't want him running.

Voting Dem or Rep makes you dumb. Thinking either of them are going to be different in office makes you even dumber...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Youre a liar or you refuse to accept reality.

Please tell me what I'm lying about?

Keep supporting the 2-headed 1-Party scam, some service youre providing.

Yet you're pushing Ron Paul, a republican.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Paul was about the only choice there was for someone to actually enter office working for the people and not political affiliations.

Tell me how de-regulating corporations is working for the people? Getting rid of minimum wage? Making abortion illegal? Privatized healthcare? Privatized schooling?

While Paul was aligned with one party his track record showed that the voted within his own moral and ethical framework a

And his ethical framework sucks, not to mention hypocritical. Claims to be anti-war but voted for the occupation of Afghanistan. Claimed to be states rights yet sponsored a bill to make abortion illegal on the federal level. Claims to be against earmarks yet secured many. Claims to be for liberty but voted against gay marriage. Claims to be a constitutionalist yet wants a privatized postal service.

Voting Dem or Rep makes you dumb. Thinking either of them are going to be different in office makes you even dumber...

I'm probably not going to vote for anyone, haven't decided yet. But republicans and democrats do vote differently at times, like the examples I posted above. But of course they're all capitalists so of course they're going to overlap. The fanbases are vastly different.
edit on 1-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As far as GMO foods go, BOTH parties are guilty of hiring former employees of Monsanto and not really concerned about labeling the foods we eat:

Public Officials Formerly Employed by Monsanto

Are we being protected from Monsanto if all of the government officials who regulate Monsanto used to work for the company?

From wikipedia:

United States Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto in the 1970s. Thomas wrote the majority opinion in the 2001 Supreme Court decision J. E. M. Ag Supply, Inc. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.[135] which found that “newly developed plant breeds are patentable under the general utility patent laws of the United States.” This case benefitted all companies which profit from genetically modified crops, of which Monsanto is the largest.[26][135][136]

Michael R. Taylor was an assistant to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner before he left to work for a law firm on gaining FDA approval of Monsanto’s artificial growth hormone in the 1980s. Taylor then became deputy commissioner of the FDA from 1991 to 1994.[26] Taylor was later re-appointed to the FDA in August 2009 by President Barack Obama.[137]

Dr. Michael A. Friedman was a deputy commissioner of the FDA before he was hired as a senior vice president of Monsanto.[26]

Linda J. Fisher was an assistant administrator at the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) before she was a vice president at Monsanto from 1995 to 2000. In 2001, Fisher became the deputy administrator of the EPA.[26]

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was chairman and chief executive officer of G. D. Searle & Co., which Monsanto purchased in 1985. Rumsfeld personally made at least $12 million USD from the transaction.[26]

Former Monsanto lobbyist Michael R. Taylor was appointed as a senior adviser to the Food and Drug Administration (United States) Commissioner on food safety on 7 July 2009.[138]

Read more: Public Officials Formerly Employed by Monsanto « America First

Sorry, but I find it hard to condemn only the Repub. when Obama appointed a former Monsanto lobbyist, not to mention he was also a former Monsanto V.P.....

NaturalNews) The one man who may be responsible for more food related illnesses and deaths than anyone in history, Michael R. Taylor, has just been promoted from US Food Safety Czar to Senior Advisor to the Commissioner of the FDA, a position which would enable the giant biotech company Monsanto to silently and legally feed cancer causing vegetables to every living person who is not 100% strictly organic.

President Obama has appointed the former Monsanto Vice President and lobbyist Michael R. Taylor to the throne. This is the same man who was Food Safety Czar for the FDA when Genetically Modified Organisms were allowed into the US food supply without undergoing a single test to determine their safety or risks. This is like putting a terrorist in charge of the world's food supply. What will the cancer numbers look like in 2016? Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

To be honest, I have no faith in either party....

It's no longer about Us but about Them, the politicians.
It doesn't matter who is in office or who has control over the Senate...
edit on 1-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I'm talking about voting for the labeling of GMO foods. Only one republican voted yes, the rest voted no. Even though a bit of democrats voted no as well, they were really the only ones voting yes.

thehill.com...

And as you can see the Paulbots, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul are against the labeling because of their ideology.

www.dailypaul.com...
iroots.org...

But yes, I'm sure everyone that voted no was paid off or has some awful republican ideology against government labeling. Nutrition facts are evil, didn't you know?

To be honest, I have no faith in either party....

As long as money is in politics little faith should be had.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Tell me how de-regulating corporations is working for the people? Getting rid of minimum wage? Making abortion illegal? Privatized healthcare? Privatized schooling?

Regulations can be good in certain circumstances, but regulating to overthrow competition and make it favourable for some businesses and not others is what we typically see. If Paul's deregulation was so favourable to big business, then where are his donations?

Privatized schooling, because public schooling is working so well?

And his ethical framework sucks, not to mention hypocritical. Claims to be anti-war but voted for the occupation of Afghanistan.

I don't think he's anti-war at all, but anti-imperialism and anti-illegal-war more so...

As far as the rest of the semantics you are arguing on Paul, I'm not going to argue them. In some cases I think he has made moves that were trying to make the best out of a bad situation as he has no chance of his ideals to be vastly employed by law makers and his cohorts.

Neither here nor there, he was/is a politician that was far different than ones before...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm talking about voting for the labeling of GMO foods. Only one republican voted yes, the rest voted no. Even though a bit of democrats voted no as well, they were really the only ones voting yes.

The federal government lacks constitutional authority to mandate labeling of products containing genetically-modified food. Furthermore, those who do not wish to consume genetically-modified products should be leery of federally-mandated labeling because history shows that federal regulatory agencies are susceptible to ‘capture,’ where the regulators end up serving the interest of the business they are supposed to control. In the case of labeling, federal agencies could redefine the meaning of ‘modified’ to allow genetically-engineered food on the market without fully-informing consumers of the presence of genetically- engineered ingredients. Instead of federal regulation, consumers should demand that manufactures provide full information and refuse to buy those products that are not fully labeled. Once producers see there is a demand for non-genetically-engineered products they will act to fulfill that demand. Of course, makers of genetically-engineered food should be held legally responsible if they fraudulently market their products or harm anyone. – Ron Paul

iroots.org...

This is why they nickname bills cleverly with things like "Getting rid of violent gangsters that kill grandmas bill"...

Because you saw "GMO" and "label" and somehow its automatically good

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join