It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep disorders...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ok, so i can sleep but here is my issue. I have "ADHD" thats what "they" call it. Basically i have energy for days. Anyway during the day i am lethargic, still work hard and wake up early everyday and at about 9:00 - 10 at night i am wide awake. My brother goes through the same thing. Im wondering why this is. Does anyone else experience this? What is your hypothesis on this?

Looking for outside the box not webmd answers thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Ok, so i can sleep but here is my issue. I have "ADHD" thats what "they" call it. Basically i have energy for days. Anyway during the day i am lethargic, still work hard and wake up early everyday and at about 9:00 - 10 at night i am wide awake. My brother goes through the same thing. Im wondering why this is. Does anyone else experience this? What is your hypothesis on this?

Looking for outside the box not webmd answers thanks.

You might simply be nocturnal. I used to be a night owl to the extent that it really affected my quality of life. As I got older, chemical levels must have balanced out or something because I'm a bit better now. I still have troubles getting to sleep before 2 AM but as long as I don't have to wake up before 8 AM, I'm ok since I can't really sleep more than six hours anyway.

How old are you? I only ask because solving your problem could be a simple as taking a supplement or just by waiting a couple of years.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

27. I could get no sleep the night before same affect. I am nocturnal. No drugs very little drinking to.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

When I was younger I would sit and think random thoughts before bedtime.....I would go off on a tangent in my head..
It would keep me wide awake every night until about a hour before school would start....I dealt with it all through my school years....even in elementary school.

As an adult, I'm fine.......my conclusion was it had more to do with my enviroment and less to do with being ADHD....I was never diagnosed, but....I had alot of the same issues as a kid.

I would say...find out what is disrupting your enviroment...or throwing you off balance

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Night Owl (person) - wiki

A night owl or evening person is a person who tends to stay up until late at night. The opposite of a night owl is an early bird, a lark as opposed to owl, someone who tends to begin sleeping at a time that is considered early and also wakes early. In several countries, early birds are called "A-people" and night owls are called "B-people." Researchers traditionally use the terms "morningness" and "eveningness" for the two chronotypes.

Your chronotype simply has a greater relation to eveningness.

Chronotypes -wiki

Chronotype is an attribute of human beings, reflecting at what time of the day their physical functions (hormone level, body temperature, cognitive faculties, eating and sleeping) are active, change or reach a certain level. This phenomenon is commonly reduced to sleeping habits only, referring to people as "larks" and "owls" which refer to, respectively, morning people (those who wake up early and are most alert in the first part of the day) and evening people (those who are most alert in the late evening hours and prefer to go to bed late).

Articles which may interest you:
The Larks and the Owls ...

It's okay to sleep late

You can find more involved expert reading level papers through searching "chronotype" with "circadian" while ensuring your search string parameters are set to Advanced reading level.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think ADHD is a hunter trait; if we were still cavemen and nomads those in the tribe with ADHD would make for better hunters and warriors. As for helping you sleep? I don't know. Sleeping disorders are usually stress related, try meditating before sleeping perhaps? Just a breathing exercise, nothing too hard to get into.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't have ADHD but I'm a very restless sleeper and frequently experience sleep paralysis. Recently my doctor told me it could be because I have low iron, which I never knew could cause sleeping problems (I am borderline anemic). Something to get tested for perhaps.

Also if you drink caffeine late and your body processes it slowly that can make sleep challenging. I can't have any caffeine after 4:00 or I'll pay the price later.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Cuervo

27. I could get no sleep the night before same affect. I am nocturnal. No drugs very little drinking to.

Looks like you either need to change your chemistry (with drugs, herbs, meditation, or magick) or just alter your lifestyle. Do you hate the idea of having a night job and a fun night life?

Seriously, good luck.

ps - If you want the herbal route, research melatonin. I think you stop producing that around age 25 and it helps you get balanced sleep. Can't vouch for it personally but my father started taking it in his 50's and it seemed to help him a lot.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Cool info and interesting read.

@destroy - i think you are right i used to be a professional fighter, was good at it to

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have ADD, but I don't think it has anything to do with being a night owl. I've been a night owl since I was a young kid and I'm in my 40's now. No matter what time I get up in the morning, I still stay up until 2-3 am or later. At around 10 pm, I get a burst of energy and I'm wide awake and rearing to go. I'm at my best from 10pm-3am. I normally get up right around 9 am, but it ALWAYS takes me 1-2 hours until I'm alert enough to get my day going. I'm not a morning person, period.

Everyone has a circadian rhythm (internal clock) and mine is set to night owl. There are some things you can do to try to change your circadian rhythm, but none have worked for me so far. I've always worked night jobs, so I haven't had too many problems.

If it's causing problems do a search on "changing circadian rhythm".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Great info. You explained exactly what i couldn't. I am going to have to do some research on the rythm. Thanks.

top topics

join