It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast and Furious Scandal: New Details Emerge on How the U.S. Government Armed Mexican Drug Cartels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
just wait til the details emerge about the relations between the cartels and the Romney family.
does anyone think operations like these have or will cease under the direction of either upcoming administration ?

if anything, they are likely to increase as the push for more gun control makes it's way to the podium during this election cycle.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Cartels have been sending their agents over here to buy guns for years. The ATF tried to track the serials as the guns moved into Mexico instead of telling the sellers to stop the sale. Its a sting op gone bad. It's not like the ATF sold those directly to cartels. If the ATF stopped those sales, those cartel buyers would have just gone somewhere else until the got what they wanted, and no one would have known anything about what they were buying. It's only a big deal because it became a political football. Police stings have inherent risks.

The same people who were in charge of Wide Reciever were in charge of Fast an Furious. They can't pretend to be shocked over the one, and ignore the other. The Republicans failed with their hearing because they tried to make this all about Holder. You can't 'prove' what he knew or not, not without a paper trail which they never had. So all they had was innuendo. Another reason the Republicans failed is they made this all about Holder "lying" on the stand, because they couldn't go after the actual operation, because the Republicans were the ones who started Gunrunner, WR, and FF in the first place. Holder was only in office for a few months when this operation began in 2009. FnF was WR done again, with the same officer in charge of it all. Issa ignored all background to the operation because that would only lead to Republican back under Bush.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
just wait til the details emerge about the relations between the cartels and the Romney family.
does anyone think operations like these have or will cease under the direction of either upcoming administration ?

if anything, they are likely to increase as the push for more gun control makes it's way to the podium during this election cycle.

"just wait til the details emerge about the relations between the cartels and the Romney family."

What "Family" connections would THAT be ?

Details and sources Please......

What a bombshell !!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hold on everyone. There's also a relationship with the Obama administration and Univision. I can't remember where I read the story about the wife of the owner of Univision being nominated to replace Miss Rice (not Condi) as the ambassador to the UN.

This stinks of a gun-control agenda, with the UN.

There's also the "nomination" of Roseanne Barr for president of the US in California, by the "university of growing weed" (Amersterstock?) where I heard the only mention of the "Summit of the Americas" -- you know, the secret service sex scandal in Colombia -- where the other south american and central american countries want marijuania legalized to stop the horrific violence attributed to the ever-increasing need for american illicit drug consumption.

There's more to this story than meets the eye.

And my eye is, again, looking at 2nd amendment rights termination, via the UN in the USA.

If somebody can find links ----- I'm not just making this up.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

It's not "a story."
Rght after the scathing Univision critique/interview, Obama nominated (Univision owner) Haim Saban's wife to be a UN representative.

Obama nominates mega-donor Haim Saban's wife to U.N. post

President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts

Obama Nominates Wife of Donor, Univision Chair to Represent U.S. at U.N.

I have to go wash my hands after entering an Obama WH website.

jw

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well just in case you dont know what "operation fast and furious", msm is gonna make searching for info a little more difficult....
I find it really hilarious that in the middle of this scandal breaking into MSM, Hollywood makes surprise announcement, there is going to be a new FAST and Furious 6 movie coming out

From CNN, if you search "fast and furious" on CNN search, u get this before you get anything about the scandel...

Shocked that there is a "Fast and Furious 6" movie coming out next year? Well, so is Ludacris ,and he's starring in it. "I was surprised myself," the rapper told CNN last weekend at the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta, Georgia. "After 'Fast 5' I didn't know how they could outdo that." Luda, as his fans call him, has been filming the new movie in London and says moviegoers should prepare to be impressed. "It kind of takes up from where we left off [in 'Fast and Furious 5'], and there is a whole new batch of surprises," he said. "The crew that is in 'Fast 5,' we are going up against a rival crew, so it's almost like Justice League up against the Legion of Doom." But don't ask too many questions about the plot, as he's sworn to secrecy. The rapper can't even reveal if "Fast and Furious 6" is the final installment in the franchise. "My contract says I can't even talk about that," Ludacris said. "As long as the fans keep supporting it, I'm sure the movies will continue."

Umm can we say, DIVERSION
edit on 3-10-2012 by diesel_actual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
2 US border agents shot, 1 killed, near major drug corridor in Arizona

Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were shot, one fatally, Tuesday morning in an area in south Arizona known as a major drug-smuggling corridor, authorities said.

Border Patrol identified the slain agent as 30-year-old Nicolas Ivie.

The shooting occurred at the Brian Terry Station near Naco, Ariz., which is just south of Tucson. The station was named after an agent who was killed in the line of duty in December 2010. The area is considered a remote part of the state and sources tell Fox News that the shooting occurred at 1:50 a.m. local time and about 8 miles from the border.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Are these events related?
-Fast and Furious
-Yesterday's shooting of two border patrol agents in Cochise County
-Last night's OIS (officer involved shooting)
+
-Death of Cochise County Sheriff Dever
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officer-involved shooting in southern Ariz.

NACO, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a man who fled from southern Arizona police officers is in custody and being treated for a gunshot wound.

The officer-involved shooting took place Tuesday night in the Naco area near the U.S.-Mexico line. Earlier Tuesday, a Border Patrol agent was shot to death and another wounded in the same area.

Cochise County Sheriff's spokeswoman Carol Capas says the situation began when Bisbee Police attempted to pull over a man riding a motorcycle on Naco Highway.

Police say the man fired at officers, who fired back. The man then fled the area on foot.

Capas says authorities later received a call about an injured man at a Douglas home. Bisbee police identified the man as the motorcyclist.

The man is being hospitalized to treat a gunshot wound.

www.sfgate.com...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report shows Sheriff Dever traveling 62 mph before crash BY: The Associated Press

The former Cochise County sheriff had been traveling at 62 mph along a dirt and gravel road in northern Arizona when he lost control of his vehicle and died.

A report released Monday by the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office says the black box in Larry Dever’s vehicle also shows that the seat belt was unbuckled.

Dever was on his way to meet family members for a camping and hunting trip at White Horse Lake on Sept. 18 when his pickup rolled.

The U.S. Forest Service road he had been driving on near Williams has no speed limit. Under state law, motorists are to drive at a speed that’s reasonable and prudent on Forest Service roads without posted limits.

The medical examiner’s office says his death was accidental and caused by multiple injuries.

azcapitoltimes.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

details and sources when they become available ... in the meantime, check the history ... then, connect the dots ... it's all there.

if interested, you could start here ...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Mitt Romney, who is vying to be the next president of the United States, has family roots in Mexico. And not in just any part of Mexico, but in a place famous for producing true hombres, a rural frontier where thousands of Mormons still live, and where settling differences at the point of a gun has been a tragically resilient tradition.

These days northern Chihuahua is being ravaged by the so-called cartel drug wars, making Ciudad Juárez the most notoriously dangerous city in the Western Hemisphere. “Murder City,” the writer Charles Bowden called it in his most recent book.
- snip -
In Colonia Juárez, they might not know Mitt, but they do know the Romneys. Some see similarities between Mitt Romney, the public figure, and his Mexican relatives, some three dozen of whom are said to live in town.
- snip -
I also saw an artifact from the more recent past: a newspaper clipping detailing the arrest, just last year, of the town’s mayor, police chief and others on charges of conspiring to smuggle guns to Mexican drug cartels.
the family was deeply entrenched in the Mexican Revolution.
today, the family inhabit the areas most effected by the barbarious cartel activity.
George (Mitten's dad) served in Nixon's cabinet ... in other words, the roots run deep.

then there's this ... news.yahoo.com...
in that story, there seems to be several names mentioned that correlate to specific "geneological" tracks ... nothing published to date of which i'm aware but it is being investigated

ETA: xuenchen, in most families, a collective of 3 dozen (36) members will reveal several who are a bit too familiar with the criminal justice system of wherever they are ... the same applies to the Romney family.

that isn't so much the issue, in and of itself, but when you consider everything, the election(s) [here and there], the political leanings of the family there, the cartel involvement here, the administration's manipulations of the situation, the NDAA, the PA(patriot act), the TCH(trans-continental highway) and the pending negotiations, including the culmination of the provisions set forth in NAFTA (some time ago), the picture gets foggier than most care to see.

but, once you separate the layers, the picture gets much clearer and a bit un-nerving if you ask me.
however, since i can not and will not specify the family connections because that is still being discovered/verified, i will specifically direct you to the fact the history tends to repeat itself, start there.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join