It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape - It's causes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The little sentiment she's holding up doesn't make sense to me.

Isn't a bonafide law AGAINST something about as clear as you can get when teaching someone NOT to do something?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax
reply to post by dontreally

The little sentiment she's holding up doesn't make sense to me.

Isn't a bonafide law AGAINST something about as clear as you can get when teaching someone NOT to do something?

actually IT DOES make sense if i am correct. since the OP has seemingly declined to answer i will have to go with my gut tells me this is about.

look at the picture, the female looks like she may be Japanese, the food pictures on the wall in the background also look like from japan. and putting japan into the picture her sign makes a lot of sense.

it is my understanding of Japanese culture that indeed over there females are taught to try to avoid rape (and they have one heck of a high percentage of woman being raped), yet there really is no call for males not to rape. hence what her sign says. basically it almost seems like over there rape is still considered a woman's fault , with little or no fault to the guy involved.

and that is why i feel the OP has done this lady a disservice by using the picture to further their own ends the real issue the picture is about is completely lost. and lets face it if that is how things still are in some countries, then THAT is what needs to be discussed and NOT just pushing an agenda by playing the "blame game".

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Rape is violence, pure and simple. VIOLENCE. Sexual assault is just the way the violence is carried out. It is the most despicable, deplorable of crimes. There is NEVER an excuse for violence, any type of violence. Women are raped. Men are raped. Children are raped. I don't care what the VICTIM was wearing, they could be walking down the street buck a$$ed naked for all I care, that provides no excuse for violence. I got an idea slick, why don't we just quit all the bullsh$t violence around this planet and start taking care of each other. Treat our sisters and brothers with respect and love, put down the guns, knives and bombs and get down to building up one race, the HUMAN RACE. We are wasting valuable time killing each other and hurting each other while some twisted rich f$$ks steal the little we have. We need to wise the f$$k up! For real.
edit on 1-10-2012 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

it is my understanding of Japanese culture that indeed over there females are taught to try to avoid rape (and they have one heck of a high percentage of woman being raped), yet there really is no call for males not to rape.

You are correct.
Japan is making progress toward fixing the problem but unfortunately they're coming along slowly.
Here's an article from Reuters about recent progress in making it easier for victims to speak out.

Little sympathy for rape victims in Japan

This is a very deep seated way of life in Japan that stems back to the teachings of Buddha.

In The Teaching of Buddha, a book found in many Japanese hotel rooms alongside the Christian Bible, the section called ‘The Way of Practice’ states people ‘should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn’ (1966, p. 230) 1 .

Here's the pdf I cited above about why victims don't report sexual assault in Japan.
Decisions why not to report rape in Japan

The picture in OP's post is being used out of context if it is indeed from Japan and being applied to America.
Tin eye fails to yield results so I remain curious of its origins as well.

edit on 1-10-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join