It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulated Algae: Slime Blooms in the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Federal Government just got through spending $34 million on the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.

Now it it is infested with algae

They can't seem to ever get it right can they ?

(CNSNews.com) - Massive quantities of algae are now blooming in the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, where the federal government has just spent $34 million in stimulus money to make the pool "sustainable" and "improve the quality and appearance of the water."

"Action is needed at this time to address substantial repairs and structural deficiencies at the Reflecting Pool," said an environmental assessment published by the Department of Interior in 2009. ....

Stimulated Algae: Slime Blooms in Reflecting Pool After Feds Spend $34M to 'Improve Quality and Appearance of the Water'

I wonder if this reflects the current state of affairs in Washington D.C. ?

I wonder what foreign visitors think ?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

“The algae cells came in from the Tidal Basin, and since this is a new filtration system -- very unique, and in fact, one of a kind -- we knew that we were going to have some balancing that needed to be done, and we weren’t quite sure about what level of ozone we would need to disinfect the water completely,” Johnson told CNSNews.com.

When working with a one of a kind system you have to expect that it isn't going to be flawless right from the start. If I were going to lay blame about it I would be complaining to the people that built the system.

join