It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the Alien appointed Leader and Ruler of the World how will you sort the world afffairs out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Hmm…that's a good question. I don't think aliens would interfere but for the sake of the hypothetical question you pose, I'll disregard that.

There needs to be some form leadership and a balance of power.

If it landed squarely in my hands,

I would ask the people from every country to vote in a representative to represent their country. I would then discuss and work on with those appointed representatives on some type of world government where the people had a voice, i.e. voting. I would set it up so there are local governments on each level leading up to a main cabinet of leaders, and there would be term limits. The first year (and probably a few years after) would be on just getting a working a government. I think it would be very hard to do under any circumstance, though still difficult, it would be pushed along by an alien threat. However, I think, especially for a new government, revolution would be a constant threat. Every person would need to know they had a voice.

That would be the first goal, a working government.

Then we need to tackle impoverished areas. Now I know a lot people might be against it, but there should be a basic level of income or living that would provide enough food and clean water for every human on this earth. Healthy people tend to be happier people tend to be productive people. If we can provide this, education would be a natural follow up and then self-sufficiency. So I'm one of those who, though I can see capitalism as way to push for growth, think it doesn’t need to be the only motivation for growth. In the end, I think the greed that comes from it is not good for human growth and potential.

That would be a difficult thing to overcome. How can we stimulate growth and provide freedom of spirit and still provide for all of our fellow humans?

I also think there should be a certain level of education that everyone should receive - everyone. I think some might not agree. We try to do that now but yet we have so many people who understand very little about science and math. So I would make sure we worked on that somehow. Like better incentives for teachers, better recruiting methods, small groups of students, etc.

That would be my next goal, a basic level of living and proper education. If those things are good, then we would have a better world.

I admit that I’m completely naive on the matter. I can imagine that just getting a country to vote in a representative, especially where there is already a lot of unrest, could lead to internal fighting or a civil war.

I think an advanced civilization, one that could cross space-time, wouldn’t see so black and white as to kill off a whole world based on one selection of it. Nor do I think they would interfere with a developing non-space faring race. Imho =)

edit on 1-10-2012 by kisharninmah because: to fix typos

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Aliens are Demons in disguise and any "takover" or innfluence is are the forces of evil working towards taking over your soul. once your body is broken the spirit is in danger, and viceversa; once the spirit is broken, the body can be manipulated and abused

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hypothetically speaking....20 years is a very short period of time in relation to the task at hand. Aliens capable of space travel are probably older than our society, so populations could be in the trillions (There armies could number in the tens of billions). The conflicts that exist between us have a lot to do with prejudices that have existed for 1000's of year. Changing that within 20 years would mean shocking people into believing that survival was dependent upon the cooperation of practically every living human being. This would have to have a profound effect, upon even the most prejudiced to change there position. To many people this kind of stress could cause death due to medical problems and/or suicide.

Sacrificing them by generating some modern version of the Orson Wells classic is not a viable option.

Clearly these aliens have some kind of problem and again 20 years is a very short period of time.

There intentions seem hostile and they are probably lying as such a task is equivalent to placing a
straving ratin a maze.

Despite how advanced they are they also have prejudices and even if the person they chose was a
deity of some kind.

20 years means that one would really need a miracle, so as to avoid the death of perhaps as
much as a billion people due to the fear generated [and maybe more).

We would need some kind of battle plan....These Aliens have a weakness, finding a way to exploit that
would be important .

edit on 4-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

<< 1   >>

join