It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I want to see evidence that the photographer sent this picture to ATS.

With smart phone apps these days it's not hard to conjure up something like this I'm sure.

How do I know that ATS admins didn't create this themselves with a picture they found? People are forgetting ATS might be a conspiracy forum but it is also a business, and businesses must make money.

Cue radio time, huge buzz and you have yourself a money maker. A lot of buzz threads in the past were classed as hoaxes right from the beginning but were allowed to stay open for 20+ pages because of how much Site traffic they were generating.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
reply to post by sonnny1

This is exactly how I see it, however, I see something....sitting....where you have drawn the area to be the "seat"...

I didn't want to say it, but I also think "something' is sitting in it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gguyx

Hey man, I seriously respect your opinion but I want to ask a favor of you. Can you please explain to me when birds gained the ability to reflect such amounts of light off of the area between their radius and metacarpal bones?

I look forward to and appreciate your explanation.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
For anyone that "thinks" the technology isnt out there.............

Just think, what a Government, with limitless resources could come up with.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

My first impression was CGI, CGI shrunk down and placed in the digital photo.
The pixels look suspicious, the CGI looking UFO looks suspicious, the goats,
the photo pre-photoshopped looks suspicious. It looks like a perfect photo
someone would choose to photoshop a UFO into. I've noticed CGI UFO hoaxes
are becoming more and more popular, in Youtube videos they are easily debunked,
in a still photo they are not as easily dismissed but I still consider this to be a hoax.

--- @Razimus of Hoaxhunter

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

This is one explanation I will give serious plausibility to. Regardless of what "UO" I am seeing or even if there may be something sitting inside this "UO", I did notice the pixel distortion standing out, within and around the object. This sent up red flags to me and I've been waiting for others to notice as well. If this is a CGI image, then the "UO" and whatever may be sitting inside of it, is a complete fake.

One thing that confounds me, however, is how this was not caught by the expert who analyzed the photo? If it was noticed by him, what is his explanation for the distortion we see?
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
One simple test for tampering is to open the file on MS-Paint or other such program, display it at 8x and notice how the processing divided the whole image into 8 x 8 squares of 64 pixels. It's easy to see in dark areas, difficult in sky areas. The x and y coordinates of the upper-left-hand pixel of every square are evenly divisible by 8. If not, the image has been edited. This image passes that simple test, not that there aren’t ways around it if someone were to bother.

If you simply look at this effect around the object, it may seem suspicious. But once you see that the whole image is that way and check the x and y values of those squares, you can see that they are all indeed divisible by eight everywhere in the entire image.

edit on 1-10-2012 by xpoq47 because: ちん

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just curious and I haven't read the whole thread, but...

What is this?

Looks like a signature.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Sure. Piece of cake.

Most gulls are mostly white. The wings are also mostly white. What we are seeing is the radius/ulna area of the right wing reflecting sunlight. Look at the shadows of the goats, now figure where the sun has to be to make those shadows, now apply that to the object. When gulls are hovering, or using updrafts to glide along cliff edges, most of the wing is relatively stable. Only the wing tips (metacarpals / carpals) are used to make fine adjustments to flight / hovering.

It's phenomenal how little energy they use to maintain altitude or to glide along an updraft.

Have you not spent much time at the seashore?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There is something else. In the picture taken before this picture being analyzed, there appears to be something in the sky. Cannot say what, but there is an object right over the bush, as you can see. Blowing it up just produced a blurry smudge. (use scroll bar on bottom of frame to move view to the right )

edit on 1-10-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Springer

Here is what I find "disturbing" about the legality of the photo:
1. The person is including himself in the photo via the mirror.
2. If the photo had been only of the goats and landscape the photo would have been more "legit".
3. CGI or a UFO app have to be considered.
4. As taken, the photo smacks of poor composition and would not be of interest.
5. In light of the above the resultant photo looks like a setup as otherwise there is no reason for the photo.

I'm suspicious and you, Springer, should have higher standards.

edit on 30-9-2012 by The Shrike because: To add details.

1. So? Those were personal photos... Where does it say she's a pro photog on a job assignment?
2. Makes no sense...
3. A pro can look at the exif data and tell if the image was tempered with... (it's unclear if that was done)
4. lol.. the woman sees a great photo op and take a snap. What are you talking about?! The photo minus the ufo is pretty interesting actually...
5. In light of the above there is no reason for the photo?!? lol ok sure buddy, shame on Springer for even bringing up this story here on ATS!
edit on 1-10-2012 by dunipop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Doing research into other photos of the immediate area I found several that showed graffiti painted on the rocks (sadly) in this area, that may be what you're seeing (good eye, I completely missed it in spite of the several hours I've spent staring at this image) or, it may be weird rocks casting a very symmetrical shadow from the sunshine.
It could also be a sticker on the rear passenger window.

Either way good eye.

Springer...
edit on 10-1-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
To me, it appears to be an airplane. A biplane to be more specific. 2 short wings on either side.

Here is a link to a guy in finland working on a similiar design. It is electric so wouldn't have the power needed for a fully enclosed cockpit. Flynano is what it's called.

flynano.com...

Put a more powerful engine on that and it could hold a bigger passenger compartment and I doubt you'd need to increase the wing size so the proportions of the picture could be possible. And that is what a couple guys in Finland without much capital can do, what do you think a better financed company could do?

Also, it could very well be an RC plane in that kind of wing configuration.

Here are pictures of other peoples experimental planes with similar wing types.

www.abpic.co.uk...
www.piterforum.ru...
thetravelrama.com...

Jyjon

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Clearly the Glass specs for the window.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

That image was taken through the windshield/windscreen of the car. We're all pretty convinced the "stuff" is streaks caused by the wipers and dirt/dust accumulated on the windshield.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popular
ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

A sticker in the middle of the rear view mirror?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hello. I was listening to Coast to Coast tonight about this sighting over northwestern Crete. I just wanted to say I am a Greek American who has relatives in that region of Crete and I have been to Balos Gramvousa myself. I have traveled extensively in my life to many different places and I remember this specific area was the strangest area I have ever seen that I have long ago described it as alien looking terrain to me, specifically Balos Bay. I wanted to mention that and also that there is a Naval and Air Force base American and Greek in that region of Crete as well but it is around 35 miles east from this northwestern tip in a different bay called Souda Bay. Souda Bay is known to be one of the deepest waters in the Mediterranean by the way. I do also know these commands do high level intelligence, engineering, and research there. Also Lockheed Martin has made special aircraft for this base as well that can be even found on the us.navy.mil website, although nothing that looks like this craft pictured is shown but I wanted to mention all these facts in case anything can help further research in case there is any government(s) involvement since the bases are in the region as well.
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

You mean the dirt on the windshield from taking a photo through it? You can see the the wiper on the bottom of the photo.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Popular
ro post by DeadSeraph

Its called a sticker.

A sticker in the middle of the rear view mirror?

Nope....a sticker in the rear right corner of the window. Most cars have them, go look at a rear window or a front windscreen/shield, you'll see them there.

CX.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join