It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Even if the bug was at the right angle to reflect in the mirror or her glasses, I doubt it would resolve in the camera. Too small.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

I'm sorry, but I fail to see this as a flying beetle...

Manipulation of an image simply by zooming it (as in this post) ... really is not manipulation when you're clearing seeing what the UO is up close.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by ExNihilo

I was gunna say that, but I didn't to show off.

Note : I have no clue what i'm saying.

Also myself: My thought
Spirits of Indigo Children from Atlantis doing water ballet to form some universal afterlife knowledge symbol
but chose to form something we can comprehend and chose "flight of the navigator" ship and the message was "that's where my spit ball went" wait read that wrong "5% off next ..." ahh ok " things shall come that change
the way we wall think of the world" well at least that's what the subtitles in my head says

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

I have a DSLR, but if I have to take an airplane, I bring the point and shoot. Not a cheap one (Canon G11). Most press photographers, who often use gear from the pool, keep a Canon G series handy at all times. They shoot raw just the Canon EOS DSLR.

However, I don't get myself in the photos.

I'm with Phage regarding the focus being close, though I don't know if the point of focus is the mirror. It could be the first goat. The idea is the photographer got lucky and hit the hyperfocal distance.

I'm in the foil balloon camp. These things look quite misshapen when they are on their last legs. I often grab these balloons when hiking in the hills. They should really be outlawed. The metalized ones can short out power lines.

Lastly, this object wouldn't exactly be good at flight. It is not very aerodynamic.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
I've highlighted what I'm trying to point out. Obviously it takes pictures to catch peoples attention. I do not have photoshop on my PC so I cannot adjust the contrast to make what I've circled more visible.

If you want to see a better shot at what I've circled, please go back to page 2 and view the post by RoScoLaz.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

Here is all the tweaking I can come up with and not lose critical detail. Do you still see what you were referring too?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

By your logic (without "manipulation") a motorcycle from a far distance looks like a person riding a bicycle but when you get a close up look, i.e. through binoculars, it's obvious it's a person riding a motorcycle. You can't stick to the theory that it's still a person on a bicycle because you shouldn't "manipulate" the image by getting a closer look at it, that would be absurd.

By getting a closer look we can obviously see it's not a bug.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I was looking for something along these lines...

Credit to ATS member RoScoLaz. If you want to blow this up and circle the object in question, please feel free to do so. I have no knowledge on how to copy a .gif or to edit it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
looks like a chip in the glass to me... not a normal place for a chip but thats what it looks like to me. i agree with phage it looks close to the camera. or maybe a drop of water??? lol i just realised the window appears down
f&^&s me then...

edit on 1-10-2012 by Fineousstitch because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2012 by Fineousstitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Do you now see what I have circled? I'm not going to claim to know what that is, or could be, or even what my opinion may be as I don't want to receive heat from people who make it their job to prove others wrong, but I will say that it is very interesting...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

With your editing to the photo though I will say that I do see that side of the UO appears to have a concave portion "behind" what I have circled. Good stuff...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Can we just sort something out about the whole "pro photographer angle"?

Professional photographers tend to take better pictures with a box with a pin hole in it than your normal everyday person does. It's photographers take photos not cameras. This is something that crops up in every field of the "arts" my own in particular where there is the common misconception that. if you give an amateur the best tools available it will turn them into a professional. It doesn't, by and large, better equipment just serves to hi-light the amateurs lack of technique and amplify it to very obvious proportions.

The best way I answer that is it is like telling a chef that cooks a great meal "That was delicious...you must have really a really good stove". The skill is in the person, NOT the equipment.
edit on 1-10-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
reply to post by charlyv

Do you now see what I have circled? I'm not going to claim to know what that is, or could be, or even what my opinion may be as I don't want to receive heat from people who make it their job to prove others wrong, but I will say that it is very interesting...

I something symetrical there, hazard to guess what it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It looks like a silver sphere (balloon) of sorts with some sort of tail wrapping around it. As though someone from the ground is spinning the sphere ballon in a circle to get the tail to wrap like that.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by gariac

If this were anything outside of a balloon, beetle, ...window chip??, reflection of her ring, up-side down belt buckle...etc...

Since when would a craft manipulating space, time and gravity surrounding it need any kind of aerodynamics?

Hence, a triangle shaped UO. Aerodynamic logic does not apply to travel outside our current means (approaching the possibility of light speed ++)

link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Springer

This is highly disrespectful and just plain right disrespectful. I wonder how many videos and pictures that are in the ufo section that resemble this same picture but was…never mind.
'ATS EXCLUSIVE''
'A photo shoped picture'

edit on 1-10-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

I guess the picture is real...good find.
Heres the video version

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
One thing it is not is a chip in the glass. The glass in the window is down, you can see that in the frame of the door window in the original pic.

What is strange, is that the camera is focused at about 6ft, as you can see the gravel distinctly, but the frame goes out of focus as it nears the mounds of rock. The object appears too well in focus for the distance it appears to be at.

edit on 1-10-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
From an objective standpoint...

Did people miss the part where the woman who took this photograph stated that she did not see anything in the sky when she took the photo?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like maybe the hubcap from an old Fiat Panda?

I could see one flying off if the driver had to swerve for something in the road, like goats.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

I've actually been to this part of the world. they drive like maniacs.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I believe, and someone correct me if I am wrong, that the video you linked here has been debunked. I'm not sure if I believe the official "debunk" of the video but I took it as plausible.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by zayonara

You might be right that its a bug, I would think that its a fly seeing how animals are usually covered with them and it just so happens to be goats right there.

I can't see it being a balloon floating in front of the camera and not being noticed by the photographer, to me an object wiping by in the sky would stick out like a sore thumb.

Whatever it is I dont think its intriguing enough to be to have its time on a radio show, but then I have seen a spider web pass as a ghost on a tv show lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join