It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by bluestreak53

This may sound like a cop out by i already said i wouldn't do a back and forth. The information is available if you want it. In fact he already answered you directly on the last page.

But again where you are getting confused is no one claimed it was a UFO. It is merely an unidentified object. Don' mean to be condescending but read the report. With respect, lets please not do this at this point of the thread. There are already enough off topicish posts.

With all due respect, that is my point.
It is just a photographic anomaly. The title of the thread states "Crete UFO Image Captures - What is it?"

Since we don't even have a witness account, all we have is an anomaly. This itself suggests that it was probably a totally ordinary, every day occurrence since it wasn't even noticed.

I certainly have nothing against going through an exercise to try to determine what that anomaly is, but I think the point of UFOlogy, is to study unexplained phenomena.

And contrary to your insinuation (that you have no way of knowing for your information), I READ THE REPORT.

I READ THE REPORT days ago when it was first posted - and I have been posting to this thread from the beginning providing my input.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was taking another look at the "Water droplet/Sea Spray" theory and researching water move in slow motion.

While the windshield water droplet COULD make sense, I do not believe it fits correctly here.

Here are my thoughts:

Water traveling in slow motion tends to form a tail "behind" the droplet, opposite from the direction it is traveling.

So looking at this image:

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

The "tail" appears "behind" the object, extending to the right.

By applying the idea that the "tail" would hint to the direction in which it was traveling, it would be "entering" from the right side of the photo and travelling to the left side of the photo. This would be the wrong way it would travel, if the droplet were flying off the windshield.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
wife of a rabbi here in israel saw 3 ufo like this aproaching her and her friend while sitting on a bench outside
few weeks ago

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
This would be the wrong way it would travel, if the droplet were flying off the windshield.

What if it was bird poop from a bird which had swallowed a shiny bead and was being blown by the (strong) wind?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

This would be the wrong way it would travel, if the droplet were flying off the windshield.

What if it was bird poop from a bird which had swallowed a shiny bead and was being blown by the (strong) wind?

Not bird poop, bird vomit!

Actually, I thought as far as "droplet theory goes", the photographer rolls down the window and takes the picture. Maybe it was some water left from a puddle or something that was just sitting between glass and door at top of window?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

I think I see the reflection of the car, inverted, in her sunglasses.

It looks like it would reflect straight to the camera's lens and invert again,
to match the UO.

I overlaid the images on Photoshop and it looks like it fits.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BugWhisperer
Can you screen cap your overlay and share it with us?

I am not saying I don't believe you, I would just like to see how it matches up, so I can draw my own conclusions. It would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

Uhm, first post for Bug. As much as I'd love to see that, I'll optimistically say his response will be, "don't know how to upload!"

Don't worry, Bug, we'll help you with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It looks to me to be a remote controlled quad-copter with a silver mylar balloon attached to it hovering or dragging it at a distance. You can even see one of the quad copter's blades in the lower right corner of the object.

Just my observation.
edit on 17-10-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42
I saw that. But I'm giving the "benefit of doubt".

I tried to overlay like they mentioned, I can not come close, so I am VERY curious to see their overlay. I can't seem to reproduce the exact match.

reply to post by DJM8507
Wow... click on your link. They don't want you to "steal" their images, lol.

But is this similar to what you were referring? Parrot AR Quadcopter Drone Image
edit on 17-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I added a link.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hi NaeBabii,
Here is a side by side comparison.

i.imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Uhm, first post for Bug. As much as I'd love to see that, I'll optimistically say his response will be, "don't know how to upload!"

Don't worry, Bug, we'll help you with that.

Ha ha! Your right- but I have a teenaged son.
Who, by the way, while he was doing that for me, was laughing at me saying, "That's a grocery bag!"

I hope the side by side images are helpful, when I overlaid it was hard to make out was being shown.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Embedded for the thread. I have been trying to do that, to find a spot where the inversion matches the image. Honestly, Bug, that is a good match. Really good.....

It doesn't solve the case, but it does lend more credibility to my reflection theory, one which seems (my opinion) more likely than the others. The inverted image matches the edge of the sunglass rim. Excellent work finding that match.

We'll need a more thorough explanation of course, as to what you did to find that match. Explain the procedure you used to come to that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thank you so much, Bug! Starred!

You have a REALLY good reflection comparison!

I appreciate it, This gives me something to work with, though!

And thank you, Dru, for embedding!

Is this the same reflection that is appearing on the bottom-left side of the picture?
edit on 17-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: Clarification.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42
I saw that. But I'm giving the "benefit of doubt".

I tried to overlay like they mentioned, I can not come close, so I am VERY curious to see their overlay. I can't seem to reproduce the exact match.

reply to post by DJM8507
Wow... click on your link. They don't want you to "steal" their images, lol.

But is this similar to what you were referring? Parrot AR Quadcopter Drone Image
edit on 17-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I added a link.

I have one of those AR Drones. Definitely would have noticed it. Noisey and don't do well in a lot of wind.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Is this the same reflection that is appearing on the bottom-left side of the picture?

Care to give an example? Bottom left side? Please show you thoughts. We are interested with what you are explaining.

We are only going to solve this with irrefutable proof, not a supposition, or a possibility. We can all throw ideas and opinions about, but in this case, we need proof of theories.

Simple, aye?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

It definitely would have been noticed by the Shooter, noisy and all. Noisier than a bag or bird, of course. The Shooter states there was no noise. Ruled out? I think so.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok, I was able to recreate the image almost exactly.

I used the following steps:

Phase 1:
Zoomed to 280%
"Levels Auto Fix"
Screencapped, copied and pasted aside the original, zoomed out image.
Vertical Flipped Original Image.

Phase 2:
Zoomed to 290%
(No changes made)
Screencapped, copied and pasted aside the original, zoomed out image.
Vertical Flipped Original Image.

The point of reference is from, what I believe to be, a water spot on the mirror. It seems to appear to be a reflection of/on the sunglasses, but may actually only be on the mirror itself.

This does not discount the multi-reflection theory.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That correlates to the bottom edge of the sunglasses, and the curve matches. Good analysis. Its not where I expected the match to be, but to find the solution I'll disavow previous theories for ones that work.

The "reflection theory" gains just a whiff of steam, and my stance from the beginning. That anomaly is a reflection, off something, not a real UFO.

We step one more step closer.

Good work guys.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42
Assuming it is a reflection, I still think the point of reference is a water spot ON THE mirror, not IN THE sunglasses.

The water spots on the mirror have the same pattern, style, and even similar shape that the circled object has.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join