It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Check your PM inbox.

Springer...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
reply to post by HoaxKillerFriend

Nice leprechaun

I agree, it's likely a bag (and nice job finding some obvious candidates lying about,) though that "shiny bit" is still a little bit problematic -- I don't know that a bag would reflect that much light.

There are beach cooler plastic bags, metallic colored bags, all kind of shiny plastic bags that can give this kind of reflection.

My problem with the plastic bag theory is not the shiny spot but the direction of the opening of the alleged plastic. The wind appears to be blowing in the opposite direction, judging by the goats' hair. The wind should be blowing into the opening, carrying it to the right with the handles following the motion.

edit on 11-10-2012 by stiver because: to add text

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Whilst looking at the hoaxed photo (and trying to figure out why people thought one of the goats had three horns -- it's two ears and two horns per goat, folks
) I noticed this anomaly, which is also on the original picture.

Any guesses as to what this is? As the window is down, it's not a smudge, water mark or reflection, and it seems way too small to be something on the camera lens (and does not appear in the same lens location in the other picture.)

After looking at the "ring" more closely, I don't believe that it is a compression artifact. In the picture below, I've noted one of those, and the ring doesn't have the same continuity of colour that is typical of compression.

So I don't know what it is (though I'm about 99% sure it isn't a cloud -- the bottom 1/4 of the ring appears to be made up of white caps in the water.)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So I don't know what it is (though I'm about 99% sure it isn't a cloud

Of course it's not a cloud. I'm 100% sure it's not a cloud. Never implied it was a cloud. I said it looks like the clouds (plural) in the upper right hand corner. There is something that looks like a ring of clouds there whether you can see it or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

So I don't know what it is (though I'm about 99% sure it isn't a cloud

Of course it's not a cloud. I'm 100% sure it's not a cloud. Never implied it was a cloud. I said it looks like the clouds (plural) in the upper right hand corner. There is something that looks like a ring of clouds there whether you can see it or not.

Ah, okay, I misunderstood you then, sorry

Now I'm 100% sure that is isn't a cloud.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stiver

...My problem with the plastic bag theory is not the shiny spot but the direction of the opening of the alleged plastic. The wind appears to be blowing in the opposite direction, judging by the goats' hair. The wind should be blowing into the opening, carrying it to the right with the handles following the motion.

edit on 11-10-2012 by stiver because: to add text

Hi stiver,
That's something I looked at too. The goats hair is all over the place, especially in the shot with loads of goats that was taken within 30 secs of the UO one.

My best guess is that it was VERY windy, as suggested by the SHOOTERs testimony in the OP, and by the "white horses" on the waves
Looking at the terrain, the gusting winds could be swirling around the cliff edge just beyond the goats, creating very unpredictable wind speeds and directions. A plastic bag blowing in the wind would naturally follow this, and might actually be in "mid-swirl" in the shot?
It could have been blown up from beyond the cliff (out of sight), photographed, and then fell out of sight again in a matter of a second or two.

My money is still on reflective (silvery) plastic bag, blowing in the wind.

Can anyone please remind me why this does not look like a plastic bag?
(It's un-edited apart from zoom/crop/rotate)

I can even see a face in the print on the side of the bag! (Now... if I could find an image of a bag with that design...)

peace,
GTD
edit on 11-10-2012 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add photo

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Looking at the terrain, the gusting winds could be swirling around the cliff edge just beyond the goats, creating very unpredictable wind speeds and directions. A plastic bag blowing in the wind would naturally follow this, and might actually be in "mid-swirl" in the shot?
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Agreed. Also, the high cliffs on the left side of the road would play a role in wind current.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is also something I can clearly see:
A holow metall ball.
..something like a key-chain/ring
..or a an electronic sensor of some sort with a bluw and a white wire leading into that ball. (maybe some strange sort of a camera-titl-sensor)
.. or something from a rocket..a feul container..although the no motion blure is then very strange
.. or a sort of a platform-weapon
..or oh well..an extraterestrial anything device/vehicle (or a top secret terestrial drone)

whatever just want to say i can clearly see a metal ball on a sort of fork platform in almosta ll the image sin this thread without much trouble.

Although very wired as flying object maybe a flying holow metal ball device thins shouldnt be excluded per se because I am sure others can see this as well if they dont right exclude it in their brain as redicules and impossible.

p.s. I have no clue what this thing is but yes I don't see a seagull anymore.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Really...
So many nonsense effort for a flying-reflecting plastic thing.
This is why we can't find time to improve our environment..
What a cynical thread.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I agree, it's likely a bag (and nice job finding some obvious candidates lying about,) though that "shiny bit" is still a little bit problematic -- I don't know that a bag would reflect that much light.

Given the vast amount of plastic bag types, I think it's very plausible that either the color or a screenprint on the bag would be reflective under these circumstances. Also, just because "blue" plastic bags have been found in pictures of the area this does not mean they are the ONLY bags that might be in the area at any given time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Totally amazing for your first post on ATS. Your join date is January 2012, yet this is your first post, and accompanying it is a completely thorough video. I'm sorry, but to launch your ATS debut after joining 10 months ago without a single post, just simply baffles me. You'll have to explain that. Or not.
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for the compliment. I check in now and then on ATS, but I don’t have the time to participate much. I am posting on this thread because it was brought to my attention by someone requesting my analysis.

I'm personally not in the floating bag camp. Sorry, your video was good, but not convincing. You can't prove a bag floated by, no matter how many BLUE (why all the same color?) bags you find in the surrounding area. That's suspicious. They make white, grey, purple, and many other colored bags. Why did you only find blue ones? If there is such litter, why focus only on the blue bags?

Unfortunately, given the information provided and the fact that this is simply a photograph, I highly doubt any resolution will ever be PROVEN. That is why I titled my video “ANALYSIS.” Yes, several blue bags were found, but this in no way means other types/sizes/colors are not also present in the area at any given time.

Also, you don't explain why the sunlight reflection on a plain blue littered shopping bag. They are a flat matte finish, so therefore, they can't reflect sunlight, right? Explain that

Again, I never suggested that the object in the photo was blue. In fact, to me it seems more grayish or silver. I believe that it's highly probable, given how sunny it appears, that sunlight would reflect in this way at the right angle. We can’t be sure exactly what type of bag it was. Perhaps there was a screen-print on that portion of the bag that was reflective. Again, I don’t think we can ever know for sure since we lack a direct eyewitness and other evidence.

I'm in the reflection from the sunglasses camp.....Care to join?

Negative. I disagree with that analysis. It is most likely debris being blown around in the air that highly resembles a plastic bag of some sort.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It appears ATS (The Above Network LLC.) has seen fit to remove my video from YouTube claiming a copyright infringement. As most of you know, this is utterly ridiculous. I have given them until tomorrow at 17:00 EST. to remove the claim. If they do not, then I will be forced to file a counter-notification on YouTube to have my video restored.

So sad, ATS.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow that is pretty sad. Looks like ATS has financial interest in this HOAX.

They are going to need a lawyer that knows what Fair Use is.

What is even worse is that they are not even certain if you got permission from the original photographer or not, and they still filed a false copyright claim.
edit on 11-10-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I suggest you go back to page 1 and read the report, your wrong on ALLLLLLL counts.

reply to post by gort51

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hi Drummer. All good points. Its correct that the wind changed direction from the previous 30 sec. However, it looks like it's direction was consistent in the 5 sec. between the last two shots. The supposed plastic has a prominent spherical shaped bulge, suggesting it was full of "wind", which was the primary driving force. Even if the plastic was spinning, the handles would follow the circular motion of the main body and would be curved. In addition, we know that the woman didn't see anything, probably because for a moment she shifted her focus on her own reflection in the mirror, aiming for the composition. Therefore, we can assume the object was traveling fast and mostly in a straight line - the shortest path to get fast out of her range of vision. A circular motion would slow down a plastic bag.

edit on 11-10-2012 by stiver because: grammar

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That's disgusting HKF. Like I always say same # different day... Looks like someone needs to check up the terms fair use and perjury.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ModerateMartian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh that is right, your video even mentioned ATS, and thanked ATS. Wow that is so bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

It will be interesting to hear any explanations ATS has as to why they removed HoaxKillerFriend's video. I fail to see any reason whatsoever as to how it breached copyright and was not within the terms of fair use.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Note:

The topic is drifting away from the object and into the realm of copyright.

I suggest that the topic be returned to and allow the Original Poster to answer any unrelated questions when they return.

Any further off topic posts will be removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join