It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

looks like a kite
edit on 30-9-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Hi there, Looking at this evolving image, it appears to me to be a seagull.. I could be wrong but it looks like the head is on the right.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by higherconscience
A very wide and otherwise invisible string.

Again, JPEG compression works in 16x16/8x8 pixel chunks.

Here's an example, I created a clean gradient using the same colors as the sky in the photo, then added a one-pixel line from the upper right corner, to the lower left corner. A line that might be a distant piece of string. Here's how it looks as a GIF which tries to preserve individual pixels...

Saved as a JPEG, you can barely see it, and it disappears against some areas of the sky. It's also noticeably thicker...

And finally, zooming in 300% (preserving pixels with no interpolation) to an area where it seems to disappear, adjusting the contrast/brightness shows that it's still just barely there.

Small objects and objects extremely similar in color to surrounding objects can "disappear" in image compression.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The thing that strikes me and as no-one has mentioned this yet, I might as well do so, is this. When you look at the image , I see a perfectly round almost ball bearing shape sitting in what seems to be a thin circular outrigger that is arched towards the rear, almost like the "Ball bearing" is surrounded by some metallic Möbius strip.

I find Springer's "paranormal analysis" interesting in that, it is only at the normal size this appears to be so and so clearly delineated and that, the more you amplify the object the less distinct it looks almost as if, it appeared specifically "pin sharp" only in the picture as it was taken. Now, that's probably just a weird "coincidence" however, though it was worth mentioning.

In fact if you stare at the blow up long enough pareidolia sets in and it's perfectly possible to see a sky diver arms outstretched, light shining off their helmet as their head it upturned, with their legs bent at the knees, the soles of their feet towards the camera. I doubt that's what it is however, I'm not going to deny I can make that out if I let my brain simply subconsciously decide what I'm seeing.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am curious if the buckle to her left in the mirror has created a mirror image in the sky upside down? There is a shinny object in the back of the car that reflected in the mirror. It has the same bright spot as the object just upside down and reversed.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Let's be clear, the analysis in the report is not mine, it's Jeff Ritzmann's. I personally have no idea what this is, nor have I made any conclusions, yet.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If you are able to see the string on this balloon would you say its close to the photographer (above land)? If so wouldn't you be able to see some part of the shadow on the ground?

Could the balloon and string be that large to be above the water far enough away for the camera to notice the string?

"I think it's highly improbable that we'd have such a large area of slightly light color in a sky photo, unless something was there that the "camera saw" but was averaged out in the compression process."

im not sure this is the same "light color" your talking about (if not then this is irrelevant) but in IMG3134 there appears to be a vertical line of lighter shade of sky the starts at the tip of the rock in the center of the image. if that is similar to the light color in the sky then its not so improbable, right? I can't even determine if that vertical line is on the windshield, in the sky, or just a digital artifact on my 3.5" screen lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer
The next time you get you a story like this sent you're way, you should pass it on to some who could really use the stars and the flags and the fan fair, ticker tape parade, gigs on talk shows, magazine write ups and radio interviews.

Some one like me !

Coast to coast it is and thanks for the heads up.

edit on 30-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I see a perfectly round almost ball bearing shape sitting in what seems to be a thin circular outrigger that is arched towards the rear, almost like the "Ball bearing" is surrounded by some metallic Möbius strip.

That is exactly what I am seeing. No one else seemed to be seeing that, and I kept going back trying to see a disc shape or a mylar balloon shape, but still all I can see is this perfect sphere sitting on a curved band.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I clearly see reflection of goat and the skyline in her sunglasses with my naked eye. Is it possible for someone to zoom in and look if the ufo is in the sunglasses's reflection.?

edit on 30-9-2012 by ExNihilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Looks like a Mylar balloon to me. Without a description of it's movements by the photog, it's anybody's guess as to what it is. Obviously if it was going against the wind, this theory would not hold up, but we'll never know about that aspect.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Here is a view of the reflection in her sunglasses. Same Image, see goats on each side, beach going up middle and the sky.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

CSI Nick Stokes could do that

Unfortunately I don't think there's enough pixel information and too much gunk on the side view mirror to get a decent enlargement. It was a good idea though

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Here is a view of the reflection in her sunglasses. Same Image, see goats on each side, beach going up middle and the sky.

could we get a better image or that is the maximum the picture will allow it to zoom and keep the image in the glasses. I know nothing about pixels and such. Could someone with better technology then you get a zoom like this but clearer is what i mean.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For what it's worth, my first impression looking at the image was that it was some sort of photo artifact that was not actually there - it doesn't seem to fit in with the image. This is in line with the fact that the no object was actually seen (highly suspicious) and might account for the supposed absence of alignment with the horizon.

That's all i have. Can we rule out that it was not an object flying close to the camera given that we can see the camera in the picture?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

In my estimation, "SHOOTER" herself and her situation at the time of shooting, fits well into the profile of what surrounds a paranormal event. The UO also fits well into the self negation by aligning itself with her camera and not the environment (horizon).

So what did "SHOOTER" get in this photo? As George Hansen would say - this is not a productive question to ask. We simply do not know (despite what popular UFO mavens will sell the public) what the phenomenon represents. What do these anti-structural and marginal/liminal states imply in paranormal events? Again, I do not know. It is, however, one of the most compelling items in serious study of the paranormal. I encourage everyone to read Mr. Hansen's book "The Trickster and the Paranormal" for more information.

Thank you so much for your hard work and another outstanding analysis, Jeff. I was actually turned on to The Trickster and the Paranormal from y'all at Paratopia.

I think you're on to something with the Trickster/high-strangeness angle should this not turn out to be a natural rare phenomenon.

Hansen is obviously intellectually gifted and has credentials. It's the most rewarding book I've read in years in regards phenomenology. While he doesn't claim to have ultimate answers he has finally brought some "meat" to the long-starved for "anything new" miasma of ufology/phenomenology. So thumbs up for that hook-up too, brother.

Shout out to Springer too for doing a kick-butt job on this fascinating story. It's FUN and who knows how this might turn out?

From the UFO link at The Trickster Book website:

European psycho-social theorists tend to discount the physical reality of UFOs. I do not. UFOs are real, but they are extremely problematic for science. I address “high strangeness” cases. Ufologists often are reluctant to take them seriously, because they embarrass ufology. But they are a key to understanding the UFO mystery.

www.tricksterbook.com...

link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

That is about as much clarity that you are going to get. I converted the original from 100dpi up to 600dpi, cropped the area and applied a contrast and brightness filter. It could be tweaked, but definitively it shows that her eyeglasses were reflecting off the same scene she took the picture from. I see the goats, the hills, the beach and just perhaps the actual image of the UFO itself, but it is really a stretch to get that.

link   
Has ANYONE read my post regarding possibly seeing something seated toward the middle left of this object?

Please go back to my previous post regarding the picture another member posted with different contrasts and look to the middle left of the object.

What is it? Am I "seeing what I want to see" or do other people see something seated there? I wish I could copy the image he posted but it's back on page 2, a little more than halfway down the page.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this?
edit on 1-10-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If it was a balloon then I can't see how the photographer could miss it. maybe she did see it but is trying to pull one over on ATS? Maybe she just didn't notice but I dont know how.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join