It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

In reference to the "what is this" that looks like something written on the rocks seen in the mirror; the reflection is looking back through the rear window of the Fiat where there is a sticker on the glass with writing. It's not graffiti on the rocks behind the car. I realize the passengers side window is open.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Unless the sideview is set to act as a vanity mirror for the driver, there's no logical reason why the photographer would appear in it unless he/she was standing outside the vehicle, near the rear, where it should be reflecting... which they are NOT.

My guess is that the entire scene is staged.

she

was

leaning

out

the

window a bit.. read the OP~!!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

the fact is so many people are still choosing to ignore the obvious and come out with a theory.

What is the obvious?

I think these facts and evidence are pretty good to suggest the photo actually has captured something not of this world. It is well documented and appears credible. I think it is important to look at all possibilites. By doing this alternate theories will come up.

Having had so many hoaxes in this field it is prudent to be cautious and to put the photo under as much scrutiny as possible.

At the end of the day, if it turns out to be legit, then the truth will stick.

What we need now is another similar photo with the same credibility and analysis done on it, we could then compare and make proper conclusions

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

To me, this doesn't look real.

"what is real" to what can you really compare real to .. ?

of course it doesn't look 'real' because it doesn't compare to anything here on earth that we know of.. but could be real in another dimension ..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

No. It is a bird flying in front of the moon. It is flying towards the right and has its legs dangling behind. It isn't far away either, just over the ridge. It may be some sort of seagull, I am not familiar with birds in that area. It's wings are arched up in the middle.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by redoubt
Unless the sideview is set to act as a vanity mirror for the driver, there's no logical reason why the photographer would appear in it unless he/she was standing outside the vehicle, near the rear, where it should be reflecting... which they are NOT.

My guess is that the entire scene is staged.

she

was

leaning

out

the

window a bit.. read the OP~!!

Actually, I wondered about this, too, because she's almost perfectly centered in that mirror, so I went out and sat in my car to see whether just having the window down and slightly leaning out (it's clear in the picture that she's not leaning much,) whether I'd be in a similar place in the mirror on my car. Of course, it's a different vehicle, but while I did appear in it, a little, to be centered like that, and to have the mirror reflecting the upper left corner of the back window, the mirror would definitely not be in a position that a driver would normally have it in.

Whether that means anything, I don't know, but it's another oddity of the picture to be noted.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok. I saw this this morning before work with 127 flags and 16 pages. Now I got home from work and nearly double that respectively. Before I begin reading from page 1, what is the general consensus in summary?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ahhh it has been a good debate thus far,still no clear answer to what it is be it hoax a mis-identification or even a solid tangible craft. A very in depth analysis in the OP i want to see more of this. This photo does show some promise as far as being one of those 5% 'ers that are never solved ( the little green/grey men ) i hope this is the case not a pizza delivery warming bag
. After you have been desensitized by all the deception in this field it's refreshing to see a decent case like this.

What is it?

Unidentified Flying Object and just that

Keep it moving ATS

edit on 1-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

I am an amateur photographer and have taken college level photography courses, taken tons of photographs with point and shoot and DSLR not to mention film from back in the day. I have also subscribed to and read many photo mags, read many many books on the subject and from everything I've read it is NOT uncommon for a pro to be wandering around with a little camera while on holiday especially while travelling light to a remote area.

A struggling photographer, a travel photographer, and possibly outdoor or wildlife photographers might bring some gear on vacation to a destination such as this, but someone who is likely a design, art, or fashion photographer would likely not bring more than a P&S for capturing memories.

This is spot on.

If I am traveling outside the country on vacation....NOT on an assignment...I will opt to take a point and shoot every time. Trying to insure $5000+ for just your camera and a couple of lenses is ridiculous.

Plus remember....the camera does not make the professional, the skill does. That would be like telling a chef that makes a great meal "You must have a really good stove".

Quit hanging up on the equipment she used, and focus on what she captured.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

True. IF Ritzmann edited the pic, he should have said as much. But proper procedure would have been to make a copy of the file sent to him, and used the copy to look at / edit/ whatever. Then, when ULing to ATS, it should have been renamed to 'orig-filename-edit_PS7_[date/time].jpg' or some such easily identifiable name, that gives us a heads-up that it's been...ah..touched, if only the EXIF info. Otherwise, people could reasonably doubt the veracity of the photo.

Alternatively, the original file could have been ULed untouched, with a mention that it was the original.

edit on 1-10-2012 by gguyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Had some time to waste, so I thought I'd jump in. Here's the rocks on the same level as the UFO. Rocks are more blurry. Given that the road and goats are pretty well in focus, which one is probably closer?

Here is the UFO with some of the color shades replaced to highlight texture. Doesn't look very regular or dome-like, does it? Seems very irregular. Your brain, however, is being fooled into thinking it's like a flying saucer because it happened to sort of align with the horizon. You want there to be a disk with a dome. That's really not what it is, though.

My guess? Some kind of plastic bag or package blown by the wind. Something that could be easily ignored and forgotten. This is just up a hill from a very busy tourist beach. Lots of garbage around.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Jinglelord

I am an amateur photographer and have taken college level photography courses, taken tons of photographs with point and shoot and DSLR not to mention film from back in the day. I have also subscribed to and read many photo mags, read many many books on the subject and from everything I've read it is NOT uncommon for a pro to be wandering around with a little camera while on holiday especially while travelling light to a remote area.

A struggling photographer, a travel photographer, and possibly outdoor or wildlife photographers might bring some gear on vacation to a destination such as this, but someone who is likely a design, art, or fashion photographer would likely not bring more than a P&S for capturing memories.

This is spot on.

If I am traveling outside the country on vacation....NOT on an assignment...I will opt to take a point and shoot every time. Trying to insure $5000+ for just your camera and a couple of lenses is ridiculous.

Plus remember....the camera does not make the professional, the skill does. That would be like telling a chef that makes a great meal "You must have a really good stove".

Quit hanging up on the equipment she used, and focus on what she captured.

I completely forgot that point. Theft and damage is a common problem when travelling internationally (and even within the US). To a professional their camera gear is an investment and a significant expense that you don't risk when you're not being paid.

I personally think those little canons are great for travelling, especially to a saltwater area that will give hell to your camera equipment! I had an old school EOS 1 that is supposed to stand up to that sort of thing and it took me a full day's worth of cleaning after a beach trip with heavy shooting and never did work right again...

Thank you for pointing out this part of why she wouldn't have all her pro gear just for those who still think it is silly to see a pro using a little canon p&s.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok to me it looks like a fake background. It almost has a movie set kind of feel to it, the lighting, the background and that huge fake looking rock. Sorry it might be real but doen't look it to me. And by all accounts if it was a fake background then it wouldn't show up as a photochop in imaging software would it?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'd like to see a good UFO pic, honestly I would. Unfortunately I'm in on the skeptic side on this. Thus a window chip.

Why? Look at the woman's reflection in the car mirror. Specifically her hands. Either two of her fingers are strangely deformed, or she has them pressed up against a window.

At least that's the way I'm calling it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Crap, I am back on page 4, late to the game, but decided to read from page 1. Since it hasn't been solved yet, this is the best solution so far. Lens flare shining off the ring.

Back to reading.....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Just heard the coastotcoast on this... So she is a photographer? And does it for a living from what I gather.. then why use a camera that is possibly below her caliber?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Lots of European cars have the steering wheel on the right.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Why couldn't it be a sort of triangular looking aircraft? People are trying to make a disc out of it - but if you look at it as if it were travelling forward, then it clearly looks like a pointed nose, possibly a cockpit (darkened area of the object) with a set of wings.

Just my two cents.
edit on 1-10-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
reply to post by Springer

Just heard the coastotcoast on this... So she is a photographer? And does it for a living from what I gather.. then why use a camera that is possibly below her caliber?

Answered multiple times already in this thread....even 8 posts above yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join