It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by dethfromabuv
I've got to go with the bird explanation.

Could be a Blue Tit which is common in Crete
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just be careful when you google it

Thats very imaginative. How long did it take for you to dream this up?

and your artwork is not proof that this is a bird

but your imagination and your willingness to believe sure shows

do you have a plausible explanation or is this it?
Not sure who you are replying to...but I didn't think it was a bird but that does look like a posibility now. That's not my drawing. I just did a quick google search for "birds of Crete" and there it was a "Blue Tit". I figured I would get it on here quickly before it was determined not to be a bird. Now if it does turn out to be a "Blue Tit"...well...

Thanks for the effort even though it did not work out very well. Imagining things and dreaming is ok so its healthy for you but when it comes to investigation I think imagining and wanting to believe is why your explanation has fallen flat. But your art is pretty good. Can you draw us a painting or do some sketch art, it would be much more impressive than your ufo investigation skills which are so far falling short of logical.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

This is what I see. Black outline is the sphere and the red is like a curved ring.
Anyone else sees this?

Vs.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Versus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Smudge on the windscreen. Like the streaks below it and to the right, and the line from the wipers to the right and above.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versus

This is what I see. Black outline is the sphere and the red is like a a curved ring.
Anyone else sees this?

Vs.

Yep....just did a post on it....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've figured it out! IT'S THE LEGION OF DOOM!

In all seriousness though, this is a great find. Seems like every time i fall into that rut where i start going "Nonsense, UFOs and the paranormal don't exist." Reality decides to throw me a curve ball.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Kyros because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A few more words about Christie Brinkley's UFO sighting....

Christie Brinkley appeared to promote her upcoming performances in the Broadway musical Chicago. Jay asked her if she had ever seen a UFO. She quickly said, “Oh yes, several.”

She was living in a village in Crete. It was very remote and was surrounded by caves in which people actually lived. One day, she went into town and noticed that everyone in the town square was looking up at the sky. When she looked up she saw four lights that were lined up in a straight position. The lights appeared to fluctuate from side to side. This was taking place in broad daylight. As she continued to watch, the lights suddenly shot to the other side of a mountain, out of sight.

When she returned to her village, one of the men who lived in the surrounding caves ran out and told the villagers that he had just witnessed four lights emerging from over the mountain top (they were now on the other side of the mountain) and crash into the water, and never reappeared.

Christine Brinkley UFO sighting in Crete 2011

So it was seen by a villager too. Cool

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i had to click and open in another window to see the right side part of the photo where you circled..very faint but something there in the distance...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The caves seem to be in Matala, although the tourist info suggests they're not occupied.
Although.

The caves offer easy access to the sea, and local memory suggests that fishermen used some of them at different times as temporary housing. There are still a few caves on the opposite side of the harbor which are bigger and are used to this day for the storage of fishing equipment - and the storage of a fisherman or two, at least for short periods.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Let me ask everyone a question. Springer, Johnny etc

Why is this photo paid attention to so much and analyzed but the Turkey UFO footage is not?

The Turkey footage also has witnesses, many of them.

Could it be possible for Jeff Ritzmann and others to do expert analysis on that video which is about 24 days worth of raw footage.

Thanks.

they've fallen in love with the photographer, everyone else be damned

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well if its an alien, and I say alien because some of those things are not craft per say, that is they are not made in a factory somewhere on an assembly line, and really looking at shapes or anything else is pointless because they can change there shape and makeup, even there chemical composition, and even there atomic structure, and some of them are not made, they are born.

But does it really matter what it is? It could be a balloon, a smudge, a seagull, swamp gas, or just a passing Beetle, whatever it its gone now in the second it took her to take those pictures. And even if it was aliens then if they are here and have not shown themselves, I do not think they will show themselves all of a sudden. But then again it may make things interesting if we get more variety up on here on planet earth, even if things end up going boom more often, it would at least make things more interesting and less boring.

But anyways, whatever it is, those are some really shaggy goats in those pictures. I'v been once to Greece and took a trip with my cousins through areas that look like something in the op's pictures. The place is very scenic that's for sure and the goats and even the dogs were like that, all shaggy and had long hair, don't know why, you would expect a place that is more on the hot side in terms of weather to have less hairy animals, but there they are. But I suppose there is a reason for that. To lazy to look it up though.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree with this guy. Can we move this to hoax already? First impressions are usually right and my first impression was, "wow that is an extremely sharp image of a distant object". Almost as crisp as the objects directly in front of the camera.

It looks bogus and the back story sounds even more bogus. But hey, thats what ATS is for. I thank the OP for posting this and trying to start a dialogue...but it all seems a bit contrived.

note: I don't think the OP is being disingenuos...just maybe a bit naive.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Unfortunately Balos beach (OP's destination) is on the upper west coast and Matala is central south coast (where brinkley witnessed hers).

So no correlation of sightings.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A few thoughts ...

To bubble shaped to be aerodynamic

Haze could be a filter ran again over all of the skyline above water

Was it her camera or a camera from backseat? Seems wide for her little cam.
-what is her camera make & model?

Is the area remote?

What's the island in distance?
-Would there be balloons in that area?

Fake, someone took a good candidate photo to implement an "UFO" but original image was shooting goats.

Image with no UFO shows a stream of smoke in the direction/45° nearly where UFO shows on later photos.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Does anyone know what 'Shutter Speed' the camera was operating at ?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is this for real? Seriously, this is what ATS administration thinks is credible and amazing and worth making a "hey everybody come look at this" thread? That clears a lot of things up, actually.

This is the fuzziest, most non-descript blob I've ever seen called a "UFO". Pics and stories like this are the reason anyone with any semblance of rationality about them rolls their eyes every time the subject is brought up.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

I agree. Zoom in and you can see pixel bleed typical of a Photoshop lassoo job. No way am I buying this, not for a second.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Jeff Ritzmann wrote: See fig. EXIF_UO.jpg which indicates that the image is un-tampered with by way of image editing programs.(end of quote)

The EXIF DATA tells a different story, the photograph posted here involved the use of Photoshop CS5.
A simple basic EXIF check contradicts Mr. Ritzmann's statement, see here software used.

A second EXIF check with famous software JPEGsnoop 1.6.0 by Calvin Hass also reveals
the use of Photoshop CS5 Windows in this photograph.
JPEGsnoop 1.6.0 by Calvin Hass
www.impulseadventure.com...
-------------------------------------
EXIF IFD0 @ Absolute 0x00000014
Dir Length = 0x000F
[Make ] = "Canon"
[Model ] = "Canon PowerShot S100"
[Orientation ] = Row 0: top, Col 0: left
[XResolution ] = 1800000/10000
[YResolution ] = 1800000/10000
[ResolutionUnit ] = Inch
[Software ] = "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows"
[DateTime ] = "2012:09:27 16:53:27"
[YCbCrPositioning ] = Co-sited
[ExifOffset ] = @ 0x0124
Offset to Next IFD = 0x0000048C

Then Am I missing something here?
Either the photograph posted here for scrutiny is not the original but a copy manipulated
with Photoshop CS5 Windows OR the photograph posted here is indeed the original that
according to the EXIF DATA has been worked with Photoshop CS5 Windows.

In both cases the credibility of the photograph is compromised by the fact that the EXIF
shows the use of Photoshop CS5 therefore should be disqualified UNLESS...
A proper explanation is offered to know why the use of Photoshop appears in the EXIF.
Is this photograph posted here for scrutiny and independent anaysis by the members
not the original one in resolution and size then where is the original one wich we need
to conduct a professional analysis.

I request information so please advice.

REFERENCES : The EXIF DATA of the photograph posted here titled wr5064bd18 wich
is the only photograph provided was analyzed in exifdata com and the software JPEGsnoop.
Anybody can make their own analysis with these programs.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's entertaining, but at the end of the day, it's all a big waste of time. Another odd thing photographed by a camera. Nothing solid left associated with it. Nothing else really to be gleaned from it. No answers.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnathanandheather
A few thoughts ...

To bubble shaped to be aerodynamic

Haze could be a filter ran again over all of the skyline above water

Was it her camera or a camera from backseat? Seems wide for her little cam.
-what is her camera make & model?

Is the area remote?

What's the island in distance?
-Would there be balloons in that area?

Fake, someone took a good candidate photo to implement an "UFO" but original image was shooting goats.

Image with no UFO shows a stream of smoke in the direction/45° nearly where UFO shows on later photos.

I have to agree with him, the person was shooting at the goats!
Look this image below, check the pixels around the "UFO" is out of place from the colors of the image, it is cleary a fake image, photoshop FTW!!!!

edit on 1-10-2012 by Nylda because: Better image!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Thanks to Mark Allin for sending the raw image file. I've used minimal level adjustment, and a slight color correction to bring out the details of the object. What I thought was mind-blowing before, has graduated to jaw-dropping. Thanks again to all involved!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join